2017 full Akrapovic/Akrapovic map question

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
ttraynor
Stunt rider

2017 full Akrapovic/Akrapovic map question

Postby ttraynor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 pm

Got my full Akrapovic on my 2017 and added performance pack. I asked My dealer mechanic if he also loaded Akrapovic map. Mechanic said the performance pack is all you need--per the KTM rep. I think Akrapovic map is seperate map--correct?

How can I see/verify if Akrapovic map was loaded?

Reason I'm skeptical it was even loaded is bike backfires pretty good on deacceration. However oxy sensors are still on and block off plates not installed and stock air box still on (Rottweiler filter/PCV with map/block off waiting.). Would those still untouched items screw up the running and be reason for backfire--or Akrapovic map not being loaded?

I'd just like to see some proof of Akrapovic map showing up on ECU before I add Rottweiler and pcv with an "over the Akrapovic map"-map.

Got all that?

Thanks!

Lowrance
Trackday hero

Re: 2017 full Akrapovic/Akrapovic map question

Postby Lowrance » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:11 am

Performance pack and track pack have nothing to do with the Akra map.

fooking dealers.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:54 am

SAS still on the bike is what is giving the backfires as air is added to the headers as you close the throttle. That said it is shocking how poorly trained a lot of dealer staff are. As Lowrance said performance pack has fook all to do with Akra map. You don't want to risk running around with standard map in for long as it will be lean. Ask for proof it was installed.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

yohammer
Minimoto racer

Postby yohammer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:09 pm

I installed my Akro system by myself and took it to the dealer for mapping.
The dealer was only 10km away but the bike lost power above 6000rpm,not enough fuel .
After the mapping everything was running fine,you need a mapping with the system.

ttraynor
Stunt rider

Postby ttraynor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 pm

yohammer wrote:I installed my Akro system by myself and took it to the dealer for mapping.
The dealer was only 10km away but the bike lost power above 6000rpm,not enough fuel .
After the mapping everything was running fine,you need a mapping with the system.

I believe they installed a part #613305900144 pipe which will work/fit--but then the map KTM releases corresponds to that number--and i'm thinking it's for the 14-16 bike. SO after Rottweiler/PCV is installed--dealer will confirm CORRECT Akra map ends up on bike. It aint right as it runs right now. Fluffy and flat in mid-range....

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]