question @ aftermarket rotors by Galfer

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
mrossk
Two wheeled terror

question @ aftermarket rotors by Galfer

Postby mrossk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Hey y'all- I'm researching aftermarket rotors. I like, but don't love the brakes on my bike, and maybe new rotors would help. Anyway, I noticed that the KTM Powerparts rotors are manufactured by Galfer, and Galfer, through their website, also sells a different version (the PP version is non directional and the one from Galfer is directional, and also like $50 more expensive). Anyone know if their are substantive differences between them? Just a marketing strategy? What about comparing them to the full floaters from Braketech? Any opinions are welcome. Thanks,
Michael

wills
Minimoto racer

Re: question @ aftermarket rotors by Galfer

Postby wills » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26777

I have the Galfer and they work without any problems. I switched bikes with my friend to ride across 36 and really missed them. His bike is the 1290 Super Adventurer, nice bike except the front brakes were a little weak.
Touring the West Coast

xtremewlr
Minimoto racer

Re: question @ aftermarket rotors by Galfer

Postby xtremewlr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:51 pm

The PP Galfers are basically the same as the regular Galfers, they just look different since they are KTM branded. They will both work just fine, no advantage from one to the other that I can see. Note that the OEM rear brake rotor is made by Galfer as well, just not a fancy wave rotor.

The Braketech look awesome but, damn! $370 per rotor is pretty damn pricey! Not that the Galfer rotors are much cheaper... And they don't have the matching rear floater available yet. Still showing TBA. :roll:

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]