rotty airfilter jottings

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
WHO?
Minimoto racer

rotty airfilter jottings

Postby WHO? » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:21 pm

I live in a rural area with a couple of unavoidable dirt roads, having said that the wet air filter does good in my head but & yes there's a but, the afore mentioned dirt roads - looked into getting a second unit to give myself quickest turn around times ... too expensive for me just now so:

thinking pre filter I decided to grab a couple of the old chux super wipe thingos - missus tells me they work well so slapped one over the filter element after oiling the element then got a hair net they sell them at chemist shops so I found out & the whole shooting match looks pretty weird but so far so good.

if someone can come up with a functional alternative I'd love to hear it,meantime I'll get my shit together & put a happy snap up if it interests anyone
any day above ground's a good day so keep smiling!!

abc
Stunt rider

Re: rotty airfilter jottings

Postby abc » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:55 am

It is good that you have been inventive but I would be concerned about the air/fuel ratios changing due the the air flow restriction caused by the chucks thingo's :? If they ever get wet it will probably be too restrictive on the airflow.
Your plan to buy another foam filter top is a better and safer way to go.
If available in your area you could ask your local tuner shop (car or bike) to stick a Lambda probe up the exhaust to quickly check the AF/R's so you can be confident you are not over fuelling at high revs. You don't want to be washing the bores at high revs.
good luck.
Any modifications you undertake are your sole responsibility, I am not liable for any claims relating to modifications or suggestions posted on this forum. If you undertake any modifications you do so at your own risk.

WHO?
Minimoto racer

Re: rotty airfilter jottings

Postby WHO? » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:00 am

I must be needing coffee, I mean really needing the shit, because I hadn't even considered the chux potential for damage over much as it has pretty large square holes ie; aprox 2ml squares - but hey, thank you! & will definitely track down a sniffer somewhere (soon)
any day above ground's a good day so keep smiling!!

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]