Hello from California

introduce yourself
Jpatterson
Minimoto racer

Hello from California

Postby Jpatterson » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Hello everyone. I just picked up a beautiful 08 990r. This bike is tons of fun. Not nearly as fast as the bikes I am use to riding but damn it is comfortable, torquey, and nimble. I have been riding and wrenching for over 20 years and this is my first KTM.

I looking forward to getting to know you all and learning about this bike.

Aphex
Site Admin

Re: Hello from California

Postby Aphex » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Glad you've been wrenching for 20 years, you're gonna need it :P

Welcome to the madness!
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Scotty
Two wheeled terror

Postby Scotty » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Welcome aboard the orange train JP, enjoy the ride (and the spannering, you’ll find they use top quality components and the kit is generally well designed)
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever....

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Welcome in. Where in Ca. are you located? How long did it take for you to come to a purchase conclusion? Had you been eyeing an SD before? How many miles are on the bike? what did you pay for it? It appears from another post that you are having tach issues. It also appears that the ubiquitous line " be sure and use search before asking questions" will not need to be stated judging from such aforementioned or should that be previously mentioned post. Good luck with the new bike it is a crackingly good ride that will also keep you scratching your head wondering "whathefuckiswrongnow"
I'm BLUE

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Welcome from Bris-Vegas ;)
2010 SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai (LiFePO4) battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear / Pilot Power 3 front.

Jpatterson
Minimoto racer

Postby Jpatterson » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:36 am

DribbleDuke wrote:Welcome in. Where in Ca. are you located? How long did it take for you to come to a purchase conclusion? Had you been eyeing an SD before? How many miles are on the bike? what did you pay for it? It appears from another post that you are having tach issues. It also appears that the ubiquitous line " be sure and use search before asking questions" will not need to be stated judging from such aforementioned or should that be previously mentioned post. Good luck with the new bike it is a crackingly good ride that will also keep you scratching your head wondering "whathefuckiswrongnow"

Hahahaha any more questions???

I'm in the central valley
Always liked the look of them, I crashed my 2011 ZX10R at the track a few months ago and have been looking for another bike. When I saw it I knew it was time, it was love at first site... Just like with my first wife. It will probably end the same too... I'll be broke and crying. Oh well its all fun until then. I read the mixed reviews went for it.
It has 18000 miles on it and looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor got it for 6000.
It was perfect the whole time I was checking it out. Then of course 5 mins into the ride home I see the tach going weird, oh well, it runs strong and I hardly ever look at it.
I got to take it out yesterday for it first real ride and it is an absolute blast to ride. I'm always tinkering with my bikes so I figure what the hell.

Jpatterson
Minimoto racer

Postby Jpatterson » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:37 am

DribbleDuke wrote:Welcome in. Where in Ca. are you located? How long did it take for you to come to a purchase conclusion? Had you been eyeing an SD before? How many miles are on the bike? what did you pay for it? It appears from another post that you are having tach issues. It also appears that the ubiquitous line " be sure and use search before asking questions" will not need to be stated judging from such aforementioned or should that be previously mentioned post. Good luck with the new bike it is a crackingly good ride that will also keep you scratching your head wondering "whathefuckiswrongnow"

Hahahaha any more questions???

I'm in the central valley
Always liked the look of them, I crashed my 2011 ZX10R at the track a few months ago and have been looking for another bike. When I saw it I knew it was time, it was love at first site... Just like with my first wife. It will probably end the same too... I'll be broke and crying. Oh well its all fun until then. I read the mixed reviews went for it.
It has 18000 miles on it and looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor got it for 6000.
It was perfect the whole time I was checking it out. Then of course 5 mins into the ride home I see the tach going weird, oh well, it runs strong and I hardly ever look at it.
I got to take it out yesterday for it first real ride and it is an absolute blast to ride. I'm always tinkering with my bikes so I figure what the hell.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:44 am

Post up some pics when you get a chance.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

michaeln
Minimoto racer

Postby michaeln » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Welcome from another California guy. I live in Angels Camp, Sierra foothills, and ride a 2016 Super Duke 1290 R.

jmann

Postby jmann » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Welcome to the forum comrade.

Black Out
Minimoto racer

Postby Black Out » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:45 am

FormerCali guy from San Luis Obispo , LA and Sacto. Angels Camp is a beautiful place as are all the foothills.

Jpatterson
Minimoto racer

Postby Jpatterson » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Yeah we are spoiled out here. Some of the best roads in our backyard and weather that you can pretty much ride year round.

Black Out
Minimoto racer

Postby Black Out » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 pm

That's how I feel about North Carolina. I've lived here for 12 years now. Great mountain roads just a couple hours away.

Return to Hello