New to 990 not new to KTM

introduce yourself
jordo

New to 990 not new to KTM

Postby jordo » Sun May 12, 2019 8:40 am

Hi everyone, I have been racing a 690 duke for the last 3 years and decided to try the next class up and what better than a 990r. So far just a run round the block and the thing is so much different than the 690 but I’m looking forward to the challenge. Be great to share bits and pieces with the forum team.
Steve

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Re: New to 990 not new to KTM

Postby DribbleDuke » Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 am

Welcome jordo'
Where do you call home and when you say racing what competition? I started my KTM experience on a 640 Duke and moved into the Superduke. They are no where near the same in every respect except maybe they both have two wheels. I looked at a Superduke two days ago and am looking to get back into the loop myself after a brief hiatus. The R comes with a few upgraded bells and whistles but I think I'm going to stay with the standard model. This place has become somewhat anemic through the years and could use a bit of new blood, I hope you bring some enthusiasm to the fray. when you say that you are willing to share bits and pieces does that mean you already wrecked your bike and are parting it out? some one here was looking for a headlamp and 47 will buy any leftover parts for fear Brexit is going to leave him scant from import tariffs. Good luck jordo
I'm BLUE

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 am

What's Brexit.......................?

With two SDRs now, more a supplier than buyer of spare parts these days.

Search members GoGo and Viking, for example, here re SD/SDR race experience.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

WHO?
Minimoto racer

Postby WHO? » Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Gday Jordo, welcome to one of if not the most info packed repositories of knowledge on the 990& for that matter 1290 out there, don't be shy on having at the search functions, almost forgot to ask - did the belly pan get there yet & just as importantly did the packing protect it from ausposts hooligans
any day above ground's a good day so keep smiling!!

jordo

Postby jordo » Mon May 13, 2019 10:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. I’m based in Canberra Australia and race in the BEARs competition.British European American Racers and Supporters club. Anything that is not Japanese we race. Favourite track is Phillip Island which is where the 990r is going to make its debut for me although it’s been around there a few times already with the previous owner. A big step up from the 690 and I have forgotten what a bit of power feels like since selling my old 1098 Ducati. Still trying to work out how to add pics from my IPad. And for Dr Who it is still in transit

Return to Hello