Hi! I'm back lol

introduce yourself
User avatar
Linga
Wheelie king
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 am
Location: Perth, Oz

Hi! I'm back lol

Postby Linga » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:52 am

G'day guys,

After a hiatus, I was robbed and now I've bought 2 shitters... Both containing my old bike lol...
Let the rebuilds commence...

2008 SDR
2006 SD

Ideas are always welcome...

User avatar
jmann
moderator
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 am
Location: Sunny Adelaide, Australia

Re: Hi! I'm back lol

Postby jmann » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:28 am

Welcome back comrade!

Guess there's not much racing going on? Here in SA everything has come to a halt.

User avatar
Linga
Wheelie king
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 am
Location: Perth, Oz

Re: Hi! I'm back lol

Postby Linga » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:48 am

Cheers big fella!

No racing, and I've actually been away for the whole apocalypse so far.
I took a few years off racing and have motorbiked around different places...

Now I'm not sure if I build one road bike, and on race bike for fun...
Or just build and sell, or just make a crazy project.

I'll be putting up a list for parts soon

User avatar
No. 47
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: London and Kent

Re: Hi! I'm back lol

Postby No. 47 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:02 am

Welcome back!

Concentrate on the SD and sell me your '08 SDR engine 'cos I'm about to start third engine rebuild of my #1 SDR...............................................
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

User avatar
DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:53 am
Location: Los Alamos, Ca

Re: Hi! I'm back lol

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:37 pm

I did not need to open the page in this thread to have the big smile on my face when seeing its author.
I too have replaced a SD back into the motorcycle space dedicated to thrills and spills. The new posters will be the old posters coming home to roost. I recall you posting your theft story and then you dissapeared. I recall telling my workmate about the irony of hearing a story on the radio about how the Lunar New Year celebrations in China were being cancelled due to the Corona Virus. He asked whatthefuck I was going on about?
Do tell us a bit and post your needs. There are many on here that are hoarding there get away quick motorcycle parts and many spares are most likely ready and willing to share.
Hello...
I'm BLUE

User avatar
Linga
Wheelie king
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 am
Location: Perth, Oz

Re: Hi! I'm back lol

Postby Linga » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:43 pm

No. 47 wrote:Welcome back!

Concentrate on the SD and sell me your '08 SDR engine 'cos I'm about to start third engine rebuild of my #1 SDR...............................................

Ha!! I'm actually going to hit you up for what you've got!!
Do you still have my email?

I'm home on the 15th and will make a list of what I have and what I need...

I may know where a spare engine is... Give me a week or so.

User avatar
Linga
Wheelie king
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 am
Location: Perth, Oz

Re: Hi! I'm back lol

Postby Linga » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:45 pm

DribbleDuke wrote:I did not need to open the page in this thread to have the big smile on my face when seeing its author.
I too have replaced a SD back into the motorcycle space dedicated to thrills and spills. The new posters will be the old posters coming home to roost. I recall you posting your theft story and then you dissapeared. I recall telling my workmate about the irony of hearing a story on the radio about how the Lunar New Year celebrations in China were being cancelled due to the Corona Virus. He asked whatthefuck I was going on about?
Do tell us a bit and post your needs. There are many on here that are hoarding there get away quick motorcycle parts and many spares are most likely ready and willing to share.
Hello...

Hi Mate!!

Yeah it's been insane! $ bike stolen in 3 different locations and life has been just full on...
Never a dull moment.

I'll definitely be doing a bit of a post thing and put up a list...

I heard the new SD has external preload on the forks finally, so I might even ride one...

User avatar
No. 47
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: London and Kent

Re: Hi! I'm back lol

Postby No. 47 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 am

Linga wrote:
No. 47 wrote:Welcome back!

Concentrate on the SD and sell me your '08 SDR engine 'cos I'm about to start third engine rebuild of my #1 SDR...............................................

Ha!! I'm actually going to hit you up for what you've got!!
Do you still have my email?

I'm home on the 15th and will make a list of what I have and what I need...

I may know where a spare engine is... Give me a week or so.


Aye, still have your email address.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S


Return to Hello

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests