It's not goodbye, it's only bonjour Rodney

introduce yourself
LeDuke
Two wheeled terror

It's not goodbye, it's only bonjour Rodney

Postby LeDuke » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:46 pm

hello chums,

I've moved to france to bum around and ride bikes on their fantastic roads, doing a bit of work to fund me in petrol and croissants (i work for myself), anyone want some 3D visuals or graphics done?

anyway,,,,

I've just heard from the garage (le garage) that my superduke is 'in' and ready to collect. I'm pissing my pants ready to ride, i've been bikeless since some tit ran me and my 749 off the road at a zebra crossing back in blighty last summer. I haven't even test ridden the SD but it feels like i have cos i've been drooling over them since last summer and collecting pictures right, left and centre (a lot of them from here...!) have a look here if you fancy, you might be on there! ? > www.tyler-tyler.com/ktm
tell me if you don't want to be! I'll leave the pages there if i don't get too much traffic.

Here's hoping the SD is as good as you lot (and bike magazine) make it sound, or there will be trouble!!

LeDuke

fleegal
Two wheeled terror

Postby fleegal » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:38 pm

hiya and welcome!

whereabouts in frogland are you living? any good superdukeable roads near you we can all come and visit? :D
Round the sportsbike riders, the Superdukers ran.

LeDuke
Two wheeled terror

location, location.....

Postby LeDuke » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:08 pm

I'm right in the middle, about an hour from Limoges. The roads are just unbelievable, there is a fantastic route out of my vilage called the 990 ! i can't wait to get down it on my new bike. been bombing around in the car looking fro good bits. I started off writing down the road numbers of the best roads, but there are just so many good ones, it's pointless. They are a bit tight on the old petrol stations though, so i've got the missus primed with a can in the boot, ready to sort me out if (i mean when) i run out. I', planning to get down to the Millau viaduct for a look too.

It's a good 500 miles down to us once you hit france, so might be a bit of a stretch from blighty, but you really should all go and get out and about over here, for a look.

one more thing to note, they have a 100bhp limit over here on new bikes, which mine will be restricted to until the 1st service, so i'll let you all know how it affects things, just incase you care..?

someone
Site Admin

Re: location, location.....

Postby someone » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:36 pm

bonsoir et bienvenue monsieur Rodney :D
sorry to hear about the 749, but i think the SD will put all memories of it to shame

LeDuke wrote: one more thing to note, they have a 100bhp limit over here on new bikes, which mine will be restricted to until the 1st service, so i'll let you all know how it affects things, just incase you care..?

curious to hear what they do to the bike to limit it... not that it makes much difference for the first 1000kms as you'll be breaking it in anyway

welcome and enjoy!
Angelo

LeDuke
Two wheeled terror

retricting

Postby LeDuke » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:10 pm

Dunno, my french isn't too hot and the mrs didn't even know what we were on about, but from the jist of it it sounds like what they do on a triumph speed triple, where i think the basically interfere with the throttle cable wrapping it around a bigger drum so that it changes the rate and amount it can be adjusted, basically lopping off the last few degrees of twist on the throttle, but that could all just be bllx, i'll let you know when i get it if i can see whatss going on, in comparison to stuff in the techno pdf thingamybob,

collecting 2pm monday! going to sweat my ass from one petrol stop to the next to get 1st service in asap

Lee
Two wheeled terror

Postby Lee » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:54 am

Welcome LeDuke :)

My tank ran dry at 98 miles, that's 155km so it meant looking for petrol about every 70/80 miles to be on the safe side. The only resolution for me was to get the carbon tank, it holds a little bit more but at least now I can do around 90 miles before worrying about landing for more fuel.

I'm doing a trip around Normandy at the end of July and I'm looking forward to the French "twisties".

You won't be dissapointed with the SD Dude, I used to ride my R6 fast and hard and the SD knocks spots off it :twisted:

Lee
There is no "try", either do or don't do! Yoda - Leader of the Jedi Council

LeDuke
Two wheeled terror

Postby LeDuke » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:57 pm

this is one bad mother of a bike, 100Kms and I love it already, i made the error of thinking it was going to rain this morning and had to ride all the way home in thermal waterproof jacket, and goat feet gloves in 30º heat.

It's all good though, sun, twisty tarmac, and my mrs following in the support wagon ready with petrol money after dropping me off at the KTM shop.

Joy....

someone
Site Admin

Postby someone » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:06 pm

**sigh**

new bike envy...

congrats on the new bike Rodney!
here's to many fun-filled summer miles to come :wink:
Angelo

Return to Hello