Hello from SLC

introduce yourself
bedart20
Minimoto racer

Hello from SLC

Postby bedart20 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Just registered last week but have had my 14' SD since April of last year. Only get to ride it about half the year out hear so I just passed the 2000 mile mark. Really interested in getting the AR gp1r or gp2r so any info/reviews on the 2 would be much appreciated!

cheers

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Re: Hello from SLC

Postby SDNerd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:24 pm

SuperDukes are legal in Utah?

Who knew!?!

bedart20
Minimoto racer

Postby bedart20 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:33 pm

haha yes they are, the cops out here love it! Only been pulled over once so far (100 in a 70). Cop was super cool and let me go

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:16 pm

bedart20 wrote:haha yes they are, the cops out here love it! Only been pulled over once so far (100 in a 70). Cop was super cool and let me go

I suppose that in Utah, you gotta know the "secret handshake" for that kind of special treatment. :mrgreen: Last time I was popped for 100+, the cop claimed he was doing me some kind of epic favor by only writing me up for 90 ... :|

Keep the rubber down, and at least try to slow enough now and then to take in the scenery.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:28 pm

SDNerd wrote:
bedart20 wrote:haha yes they are, the cops out here love it! Only been pulled over once so far (100 in a 70). Cop was super cool and let me go

I suppose that in Utah, you gotta know the "secret handshake" for that kind of special treatment.

Just gotta be wearing the right Temple garmet and you'll be A OK. :lol:

08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Aphex wrote:Just gotta be wearing the right Temple garmet and you'll be A OK. :lol:

"Right" conveys so many things here ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even w/o the "I love Mitt" decoration - do I even want to know where people get that garb?

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:56 pm

SDNerd wrote:
Aphex wrote:Just gotta be wearing the right Temple garmet and you'll be A OK. :lol:

"Right" conveys so many things here ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even w/o the "I love Mitt" decoration - do I even want to know where people get that garb?

Lol yeah Temple garments are what Mormons wear (like Muslims head cap or Jewish Yamaka). They're super nice people, but if you're not in the club then it's hard around Utah.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Postby SDNerd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Aphex wrote:Lol yeah Temple garments are what Mormons wear (like Muslims head cap or Jewish Yamaka). They're super nice people, but if you're not in the club then it's hard around Utah.

I got that - and honestly - thanks for NOT telling me where to get the garb. :shock:

I think you got it right phonetically (lousy 'murican pronunciation of a Yiddish word - not Hebrew), but it's "yarmulke" (or "kippah"in Hebrew). Just sayin' - no, I ain't jewish (or muslim or LDS or ...).

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Fri May 01, 2015 12:30 am

I'll bet that beast could really fly down the great long straight at Miller Motorsport Park. One more month to go and the weather will be great there, maybe. Pretty City with lots of beautiful surrounds for a motorcyclist. Enjoy and hang out here when your bored to death.
I'm BLUE

Kameiner
Minimoto racer

Postby Kameiner » Mon May 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Hey debart,

I have the AR gp1 and headers on my 14 SDR and i love it! i had a racefit can at first and replaced it with the AR GP1 and it sounds better looks better and its build quality is better! i would highly recommend it

Hope all is good out there in Utah i have a lot of family out there lol
14 KTM Superduke 1290
full AR gp1
PCV custom tuning
BST rims
lots of carbon fiber bits
16T sproket
"never outride your ride"

Kameiner
Minimoto racer

Postby Kameiner » Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 pm