NEW SUPER DUKER FROM OZ!

introduce yourself
SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

NEW SUPER DUKER FROM OZ!

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Tue May 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi All
New here
With very limited options out there for the learner riders we recently purchased a brand new KTM 390 Duke for my partner (She has you could say moved on from being a learner rider & has advanced so she was rewarded with a new bike), Most of the other learner bikes available are simply too heavy underpowered & or have fairings & simply dont stack up to the little 390

I have had my eye on the 1290 Super Duke for a while but after seeing it in person & trying it on I am going to retire my CRF450X supermoto & step up to the Super Duke sometime very soon, Currently shopping around for now looking for the best deal / price etc
Cant wait to ride one home

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Re: NEW SUPER DUKER FROM OZ!

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Tue May 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Is there any way to attach files within posts or is that only available to members with more posts etc?

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Tue May 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Welcome!

Photo's and files can be attached by using flicker, photobucket or the like. The site doesn't have enough space to allow direct uploads.
The search button is your friend!
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Tue May 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Photos are no problem I have plenty in photobucket, Want to know if this works (MP3)? >

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/vvVc2A0zce/K ... under.html

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:56 am

G'Day SDOZ and welcome.
My missus currently rides a 390 and loves it. She's a short arse at 5'1" so this suits her well. Even I dont mind having a tonk around on it.
1290 is the way to go though, just dont let her ride it (she will want one)
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed May 20, 2015 9:04 am

Same my missus is also a short arse so we needed a bike that is lightweight with a low seat height & the 390 is perfect, I have had a few little squirts on it & it is a fun little bike to throw around

Is anyone able to download the MP3 in my post above - link?

alpine*
Minimoto racer

Postby alpine* » Wed May 20, 2015 9:35 am

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:Is anyone able to download the MP3 in my post above - link?

Certainly can... much thunder indeed :D

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed May 20, 2015 11:21 am

Good to hear, Custom made by me from the 1290 Super Duke Prototype video, Makes for an awesome ringtone, Sounds good on my LG G3

I was looking around for 1290 Super Duke ringtones & was surprised when I could not find any so I figured I would make my own

Hope you's like it!
Last edited by SUPERDUKEINOZ on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Finally picked up my brand new beast, seems like it has been forever but I am very glad to have it sitting here next to the 390 "mini" Duke

Exactly one week after we bought the white 390 home it was changed to black with the Superduke as inspiration, I have some orange KTM decals to go on the 390 tank too, Should end up being a nice matching pair, If the weather is good tomorrow, I will be getting some much better pics of them in their natural habitat

kevxtx
Stunt rider

Postby kevxtx » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Nicely matched. :D

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks kevxtx, Will be scary for her if we get our bikes mixed up! :shock:

kevxtx
Stunt rider

Postby kevxtx » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:54 am

I think the 1290 needs orange wheels now after seeing the two together.

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:29 am

Exactly what I was thinking kevxtx, I did not want the orange 1290 Superduke but it would be interesting to see a black 1290 with orange wheels

went for a nice ride today, It was damn cold but worth it

jmann

Postby jmann » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am

Comrade: That doesn't look like "At the beach" - Looks more like the Blue Mountains :lol:

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:12 am

The mountains do look very blue but it is on the north coast of NSW, Approx 45k's inland & about 60k's from where I live (2k's from the beach), Way too cold to go up that way again for a little while, We will stick to the roads down near the beach I think, It is about 10-15 degrees warmer down here compared to up there where it is almost snowing

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:56 am

Being an automotive exhaust fitter / welder myself (not currently working in that field) I am looking at options, I was very keen on the Austin Racing Hi Slung exhaust but I am worried it would be a bit too loud considering I live in town, My neighbours would really love it :wink:
Last edited by SUPERDUKEINOZ on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmann

Postby jmann » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:04 am

Comrade: Your questions are well and truly answered elsewhere in this forum. Try using the Search button and you'll find more than you could wish for.

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:58 am

jmann wrote:Comrade: Your questions are well and truly answered elsewhere in this forum. Try using the Search button and you'll find more than you could wish for.

Thanks jmann, I am certainly not new to searching forums but the problem is exactly as you mentioned "more than you could wish for". I have certainly searched the exhaust & de-cat threads etc but there is simply too much to go through to get an exact answer & some say yes you do need a tune if the cat is removed & others say no you dont need the Akra tune with a de-cat pipe so I am not really sure even after reading through pages & pages of the same topic??? Just a simple yes or no from someone that knows what they are talking about would be great

jmann

Postby jmann » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:33 am

Comrade: Ah! Then ask comrade Guy then you can blame him if you are not happy with the result :D

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:37 am

Not too worried either way if I fit one or not, I dont want it too loud anyway & certainly dont really need more power, There seems to be lots of talk about re-mapping rather than a flash tune so hopefully this will be an option very soon
I will just keep looking around & might find a cheap Bodis link pipe to try out, The Arrow de-cat link pipe with the baffle in it looks OK too but the Bodis seems to be the pick of the bunch

I have ordered a Techspec snake skin tank grip / protector kit, I might see what sort of price I can chase up the Powerparts ergo seat for next
I bought a Racefoxx carbon rear seat cowl a little while back for $50 which was a bargain, It seemed rather odd just having that sitting in the shed without the bike to go with it but it finally found its place today when I fitted it, Very nice bit of gear, Cant beat the look of carbon fiber

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Finally had time to take the 1290 out for a ride on Sunday with the new Bodis de-cat / link pipe too, Made for a much more enjoyable ride, I did the ECU reset after fitting the Bodis, It certainly made a difference as expected down low in the RPM, The 3-4k RPM range where it normally chugged along being a pig it purred along nicely & was able to gently roll on the throttle without having to knock it back a gear, Also reduced the decel pop considerably

Running the stock muffler for now, Going in for the Akro map ASAP / next few days hopefully then I might cut out the baffle tube in the stock muffler

Loving this bike so much, Cant even put it into words, I cant believe how in tune with the bike I am already, Feels like I have been riding it for a lifetime & like it was just meant to be my bike, Best upgrade I have ever done!

Some pics (before the Bodis link pipe)>

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:16 pm

I got around to de-baffling the stock muffler, sounds nice with the Bodis link pipe, got the Akra map done shortly after, WOW what a difference that made, hauls like a freight train
Waiting for a new Austin Racing Hi Slung exhaust to arrive, cant wait to try that out

ma1290rky
Two wheeled terror

Postby ma1290rky » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:52 am

SUPERDUKEINOZ wrote:Finally had time to take the 1290 out for a ride on Sunday with the new Bodis de-cat / link pipe too, Made for a much more enjoyable ride, I did the ECU reset after fitting the Bodis, It certainly made a difference as expected down low in the RPM, The 3-4k RPM range where it normally chugged along being a pig it purred along nicely & was able to gently roll on the throttle without having to knock it back a gear, Also reduced the decel pop considerably

Running the stock muffler for now, Going in for the Akro map ASAP / next few days hopefully then I might cut out the baffle tube in the stock muffler

Loving this bike so much, Cant even put it into words, I cant believe how in tune with the bike I am already, Feels like I have been riding it for a lifetime & like it was just meant to be my bike, Best upgrade I have ever done!

Some pics (before the Bodis link pipe)>

I really do need to visit Australia - it's grey, cold and wet here - why don't I live down under??

Welcome - nice rides!

SUPERDUKEINOZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPERDUKEINOZ » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 pm

It has been grey wet & cold here quite a bit off & on lately but I thought I would go for a run up the highway while the weather is nice after giving it a wash
The new Austin Racing Hi Slung exhaust is awesome, I love it!

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Nice work, that high slung exhaust looks great!

Good weather further north, been getting out a couple of days a week to stretch the 990's legs :)

Next

Return to Hello