Hello from Kansas

introduce yourself
jmjenia
Minimoto racer

Hello from Kansas

Postby jmjenia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:39 am

Hello everyone. I picked up my new 2015 duke last Thursday in black and orange. And I have to say I'm impressed. I've owned a lot of bikes in my near 40 years of riding and this bike is damn near perfect. Currently, I have a BMW K1200GT, Roadstar Warrior, and Honda CBR 1000 in the garage. However the Honda and Yamaha are on the chopping block to make more room for the Duke.
Like others I was looking at the usual popular naked bikes: S1000r, Tuono Factory, and the KTM. All are great bikes but none spoke to me like the Duke does. I've been pleasantly overwhelmed with the level of knowledge on this site. I've already learned so much. I look forward to learning more. I just need to quit buying upgrades for this bike or I'm going to end up in divorce court.

BTW, being from Kansas I've never heard any of the usual Dorthy and Toto jokes....never heard any of 'em.

Aphex
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Kansas

Postby Aphex » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:10 pm

Welcome in! How's the riding in Kansas?
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

grommet
Minimoto racer

Postby grommet » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:00 pm

Welcome.

Also from Kansas. Wichita.

The roads suck, for anyone who wants to know. The only good thing about living in KS (for motorcycling) is that it's only 5 hours to Arkansas and 8 to New Mexico and Colorado, where there are some great mountain roads.

There are currently 2 other SDRs here in Wichita. One owned by a guy who apparently doesn't ride much (according to the tech at my local dealer), and the other by a friend of mine who's also an instructor at Hallett.

I'm planning a trip to Arkansas last weekend of April, if you're interested. There may be a couple of local guys going, and then a few of my FZ1 friends from all over. Won't be a real big group. Lots of great roads down there. We'll base out of the Super 8 in Harrison.

Enjoy the SD. Awesome bike :)

jmjenia
Minimoto racer

Postby jmjenia » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 am

Ah, Eureka Springs Arkansas. I go there several times a year. I'm about 4 hours away in South Overland Park. Some of the best roads I've ever ridden. I'll be heading down there the weekend before Mothers Day but may go sooner if the weather stays nice.

Growler48
Two wheeled terror

Postby Growler48 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:27 am

Welcome! I'm also a K1200GT owner...and an FZ1 owner.:)
2014 SuperDuke 1290 R BLACK! 8)

Return to Hello