Hey from Brisbane, QLD Australia

introduce yourself
DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Hey from Brisbane, QLD Australia

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:08 am

Hi All,

Traded in a 2006 Blackbird for a 2010 SD 4 weeks ago. A couple of friends have an SD and I wanted another Vtwin. Did a lot of research including some great info from this site and decided on an SD.
Looked around locally and after a couple of duds, found what appears to be a well maintained one with 21K on the ODO.
How do I like it ?.. glad you asked. Bloody brilliant :) Suspension and engine are fantastic and loving the rider positioning, especially after having to lean forward for the last few bikes I've had over the years.
Anyway, glad to be onboard and looking forward to enjoying the SD.

Cheers

Last edited by DukeNukem999 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 (white-frame) SD, Rotty intake / SAS removal, Ceramic coated headers / Akra slipons, Ergo seat, SDR levers, Shorai LiFePO4, OEM 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 / Pilot Power 3, factory alarm.

Scotty
Two wheeled terror

Re: Hey from Brisbane, QLD Australia

Postby Scotty » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:16 am

Welcome aboard, like the white frame, was that standard on some 2010 models? In terms of smiles per mile I don't think you can beat a SuperDuke, they are just simply immense fun. Enjoy your time on it, keep posting about what you're up to 8)
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever....

kevxtx
Stunt rider

Postby kevxtx » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:18 am

Welcome mate, I have not seen that one around Brisbane.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Welcome in, looks like it has an aftermarket airbox but stock exhausts still?

You might wanna get yourself or borrow a Tune ECU cable to see what the mapping looks like.

Kevxtx is a brilliant dude and has written the 990 bible if you decide to start modding.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 pm

Scotty wrote:Welcome aboard, like the white frame, was that standard on some 2010 models? In terms of smiles per mile I don't think you can beat a SuperDuke, they are just simply immense fun. Enjoy your time on it, keep posting about what you're up to 8)

Cheers, yeah I haven't yet found another black one with a white frame and a blue rear spring too ?.
I was a little suspect on it initially but its straight and very clean. It rides well too ;)
There is a 2010 Olive Green model (that I'm not keen on) with a white frame, but i haven't seen one in the flesh.
2010 (white-frame) SD, Rotty intake / SAS removal, Ceramic coated headers / Akra slipons, Ergo seat, SDR levers, Shorai LiFePO4, OEM 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 / Pilot Power 3, factory alarm.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:29 pm

kevxtx wrote:Welcome mate, I have not seen that one around Brisbane.

Cheers, I cant even find a black one with a white frame via Google Images either.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 pm

Aphex wrote:Welcome in, looks like it has an aftermarket airbox but stock exhausts still?

You might wanna get yourself or borrow a Tune ECU cable to see what the mapping looks like.

Kevxtx is a brilliant dude and has written the 990 bible if you decide to start modding.

Yes, and thanks. I'll search for Kevxtx's posts.
It definitely seems that way. I assume the previous owner reverted back to OEM cans and sold the Akras(?) on eBay. He might even be on here... still ?.

So yes keen to confirm via TuneECU as to the currently loaded map etc.
I've ordered a Cable from Lonelec and in the meantime borrowed one from my mate here at work.

Its brand new but I cant get it to connect (and he hasn't used it so far).
Have tried several things as suggested by everyone here and elsewhere. I'm sorta hoping its the cable (albeit its a brand new Lonelec which is supposedly very reliable).
Followed the instructions to a tee, the driver seems correct (shows up in device manager and within TuneECU, USB to ODB2 cable is detected when I plug it in and the green LED lights up, but I get "nutting".
Checked everything I can and thinking its the ODB2 to KTM adapter cable possibly ?. I'll try another laptop as one last thing to try before I get my own cable.
It has a factory alarm but I cant find anyone stating it can cause issues connecting to the ECU.
Anyway its riding smoothly and getting normal mileage so I'm not overly concerned.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Received my own OBD2 cable / KTM Adapter from Lonelec yesterday (took 3 weeks to the day). As soon as I hooked it all up it worked.
Mates Lonelec cable was obviously kaputsky (deceptive as it was new still in the packaging). I suspect it was the KTM adapter cable (not the actual ODB2 cable).

Anyway confirmed standard map is loaded (KM611EU0704501Map) but is different when I do a compare to the downloaded standard map (KM611EU0704501Map).
SAI/02 Sensor/EPC are unchecked so I need to determine if unchecking SAI/02 Sensor/EPC changes the mappings or not ?. I'll search / ask in the tech section.
There's a significant difference when F6ing between them both.

Other than that I've done 1100kms and its run great - especially in the colder morning :)

dirty irving
Minimoto racer

Postby dirty irving » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:07 am

Welcome to the site,
Much info to be had here.
The 2010 SD came in an Olive green version that did not sell so well.In an effort to clear stock KTM Australia fitted black bodywork and tanks to some of the remaining white framed bikes.
Hope this helps,
Tim

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:08 am

Welcome mate. With all these Brisbane people joining i think we need to organise a ride soon :)

Looks mint, Black4lyf lol.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:10 am

D1rkola wrote:Welcome mate. With all these Brisbane people joining i think we need to organise a ride soon :)

Cheers mate, yeah we should organise a meetup/ride sometime. Pretty busy with house stuff atm, but keen to do so in the future

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:11 am

dirty irving wrote:Welcome to the site,
Much info to be had here.
The 2010 SD came in an Olive green version that did not sell so well.In an effort to clear stock KTM Australia fitted black bodywork and tanks to some of the remaining white framed bikes.
Hope this helps,
Tim

Thanks, that make more sense than anything I've heard so far :)
And yes, the Olive green was a disastrous choice of colour schemes...lol.

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:40 am

D1rkola wrote:Welcome mate. With all these Brisbane people joining i think we need to organise a ride soon :)

Yep agree with that. Seen quite a few here in Brissy, be great to organize a get together.

And welcome to the forum DukeNukem (has that name been used before, I dont recall?). Shame about the cable, I have an old 990 one kicking around somewhere.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:45 am

scamb66 wrote:Yep agree with that. Seen quite a few here in Brissy, be great to organize a get together.

And welcome to the forum DukeNukem (has that name been used before, I dont recall?). Shame about the cable, I have an old 990 one kicking around somewhere.

Will organize one in may (after all the long weekends etc)

And if you have a 990 TuneECU cable i'd probably be keen? Just got motohooligan box and SAS removal finished, torquey but definitely needs a different tune on it :/

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:43 am

D1rkola wrote:
scamb66 wrote:Yep agree with that. Seen quite a few here in Brissy, be great to organize a get together.

Will organize one in may (after all the long weekends etc)

And if you have a 990 TuneECU cable i'd probably be keen? Just got motohooligan box and SAS removal finished, torquey but definitely needs a different tune on it :/

May sounds good. Drop me a PM about the cable if you are keen.

Linga
Wheelie king

Postby Linga » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:36 pm

Welcome mate, nice looking ride

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Linga wrote:Welcome mate, nice looking ride

Cheers, even better now ;)

Image24-04-2016 9-01-19 AM

ImageDSC_0138

pwnd
Minimoto racer

Postby pwnd » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:08 am

D1rkola wrote:
scamb66 wrote:And if you have a 990 TuneECU cable i'd probably be keen? Just got motohooligan box and SAS removal finished, torquey but definitely needs a different tune on it :/

Where did you grab yours from? Directly from moto? Looking at getting either that or a rottie box and sas removal. keen for a Brisbane ride as well.

scamb66

Postby scamb66 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:41 am

Just ordered all of the parts online and made it myself. Not hard to do, instructions can be found on this site.

dirtyface
Minimoto racer

Postby dirtyface » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:44 am

Nice bike love the color and congrats with it by the way.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:34 pm

dirtyface wrote:Nice bike love the color and congrats with it by the way.

Cheers ;)

Return to Hello