Hello from North east England

introduce yourself
CraigP1984

Hello from North east England

Postby CraigP1984 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Hello All,

Im Craig, and as you guessed, im from North east England. About 9 mile from Newcastle city centre. Im done lurking, absorbing all the info I can and feel its time to register and partake in this wealth of knowledge (not that I have much lol). I say partake, but I really mean to ask more questions that may or may not have been asked.

Cheers
Craig
07 SDR
XT660Z

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Re: Hello from North east England

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Welcome from South East Queensland ;)
2010 SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai (LiFePO4) battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear / Pilot Power 3 front.

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:42 pm

Hello Craig,
Welcome from SW Florida.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

jmann

Postby jmann » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:48 pm

Comrade: Welcome from south, South Australia :D
You've probably worked out already that the search button is your best friend.

TimR
Two wheeled terror

Re: Hello from North east Englandtruc

Postby TimR » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:49 am

Welcome Craig,

My only experience of Newcastle is M&S Motorcycles. I snapped my chain on the way up to Berwick. The breakdown truck dropped me off at M&S and they replaced my chain and sprockets while I waited - excellent service.
Hope your enjoying your SD ownership - how long have you had it?

CraigP1984

Postby CraigP1984 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:59 am

hi Lads,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Firstly, I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm an offshore contractor and have only just got back to celebrate Christmas and new year (to which I wish a happy and prosperous 2017 to all members of SD.net).

Tim, I'm about 9 miles from M&S and I'm quite lucky I'm so close to a main dealer. It has come in handy already. Glad you had a good experience with them. I haven't really had much to do with them regarding mechanics and only use them for service parts...... and long may that continue (touching wood).

I've had the SD about a year now. Its a cracking bike like. OK its not the 'full fat' SDR but the bike is a lot better than I ever hope to be. and I wanted the single seat version as I don't want my missus to see what I'm really like lol. Got the Tenere for that, which is also my greenlane/winter hack/commuter if I'm working locally.

I had a 950 SM a few years ago and fell in love with the KTM twins after that. Only got rid due to finances. I was gutted, sold it in 2 days from putting it up for sale. The following day I got offered a new job! The missus though that it was hilarious.

Cheers
07 SDR
XT660Z

Return to Hello