Hi from Netherlands

introduce yourself
inspirikus
Minimoto racer

Hi from Netherlands

Postby inspirikus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi All,

My name is Sasa and i am living in NL - if anyone here is from NL send me PM for some group rides...
How i came to the KTM well story for one who would like to know is below...

Close battle was between Aprilia V4 1100 Factory - 2017 and KTM1290R - 2017

This was really close call which bike to go at end...and the winner was 2017 Superduke 1290R
Original plan was at first to go with Aprilia but after testing both bikes back to back in 2016 i was leaning more toward Aprilia than KTM

Now i almost pull the trigger on 2016 Aprilia when on day when i was to sign contract both KTM and Aprilia announced new bikes with new upgrades.
After checking both bikes and reviews and in depth reading...This leaning toward Aprilia shifted more toward KTM

I call my dealer and ask him which of this two can be deliver faster...and what would be time difference.

I got answer KTM if you place order today can be delivered in about 1month time frame.
For Aprilia if you place order now best case scenario is May-early-Jun...so i pull the trigger to get KTM

Starting price for KTM was €19.080.00 and for Aprilia €20.748.00
Than after all calculation i came to conclusion that with KTM i will have more...
Reliability, Delivery time, usability, serviceability, price was all in favor to KTM...Sound and exotic part of Aprilia was not enough to be able to push me toward APE...

Before KTM i had chance to ride tons of bikes...and to own couple of bikes. Last bike that i traded in was S1000R - epic bike and served me perfectly for last 3years...
IL4 engine was a bit clinical but it did worked like a charm. Did everything with that bike except real enduro hahhaa...3years in owning i got a bit bored, and after 30k/km i decide it is time to change.

Aprilia and KTM was on my radar for a long period of time...but all above was decision maker for me.

Tomorrow will be order sign day, and then tick-tock waiting time...
I practically took all possible parts that you could imagine...from KTM web and some aftermarket...to be added on the beast to make it even more beastly :) if that is possible hehehe

List goes:

sliders
swing arm protectors
fork protector
levers
levers guards
tank pad
frame covers
engine carbon covers both sides.
tail tidy
foot-pegs adjustable
Akra slip-on
rim stickers
radiator guard
mirrors
tank bag small
rear sit bag small and big
ergo sit
navigation kit
navigation
USB kit and cigarette lighter kit
battery tender
wave brake disc front back
tyre pressure device
battery charger
heated grips
race pack
track pack
performance pack
All caps (brake, clutch, oil)
Pivot covers
Axle cover
Alarm
GPS tracker with sub
lock and chain ART4 approved
Sena communicator
Quickshift - + and some other parts are included in the package deals so i didn't mention this in the listing.

Dainese laguna Seca D1 - 2017 custom suit (two pcs suit)

So list is around 30+ parts...

This will be my long term bike for next 3years...so i didn't want to do upgrades during this 3 years i wanted to do all in one time.

Hopefully KTM will serve me as BMW did without any hiccups :)

Cheers and with best regards to all of you
Sasa
2014-2017 -> S1000R traded in for SD1290R - 2017
Past: Hypermotard, Strada, Street Triple, Brutale 800, S1KRR...and couple of more

Sarasota_Steve

Re: Hi from Netherlands

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Welcome in!

We have a member who is a rim sticker expert. The man is a perfectionist when it comes to installation and care of your rims afterwards. :twisted:

Don't be afraid to search as many questions have been answered before. I think you might be the first member with a '17. So not sure how many members will be able to answer questions pertaining just to the 17's.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

inspirikus
Minimoto racer

Postby inspirikus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Thank you Sarasota

Rim sticker that i refer are one from KTM
RACING in orange, and will be apply by factory side.

Maybe in future if i need some custom one than i will definitely check out...

On side not is there possibility to add images in to the post ?
Past: Hypermotard, Strada, Street Triple, Brutale 800, S1KRR...and couple of more

Joe Biker
Stunt rider

Postby Joe Biker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:08 pm

First off Welcome !!!
Personally i would go with the full akra system it really opens the bike up !!!
It was my first mod when i ordered mine in 2014.
You will love your new ride !!!!!

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:18 pm

inspirikus wrote:Thank you

On side not is there possibility to add images in to the post ?

Yessir, SEARCH is your friend, Read the EPIC Threads in the HOW TO section. It's been asked a million times before.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

jmann

Postby jmann » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:42 am

Welcome aboard comrade. :D

inspirikus
Minimoto racer

Postby inspirikus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 am

Joe Biker wrote:First off Welcome !!!
Personally i would go with the full akra system it really opens the bike up !!!
It was my first mod when i ordered mine in 2014.
You will love your new ride !!!!!

Not that Duke need more power hahaha
Was thinking to do that as well but then i wouldn't have enough to cover suit as well :)

Full system, SAS and Air filter will need to wait at least a year...

No more twin
Minimoto racer

Postby No more twin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Congratulations on your new purchase!
The Aprilia and KTM are different animals.
I had an RSV4 prior to my 1290 Superduke R. Both have outstanding engines with lots of character.
The KTM is the friendlier bike: it does everything really well, is comfortable, runs cooler and is less demanding.
The Aprilia has telepathic handling, has a peakier, thirstier engine, better electronics, but is cramped for taller riders, is a pain in traffic and can get very hot.
If I was still doing trackdays, the Aprilia would be the better choice. But as a streetbike, the KTM is unsurpassed in its versatility and fun factor.

You may want to add to your list:
Paddock stand for single sided swingarm
Power parts seat
60mm socket
and I agree that a full Akra is definitely worth the money...
2015 Superduke R
Too many mods to list.
Not as much time as I would like to ride.

inspirikus
Minimoto racer

Postby inspirikus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:02 am

No more twin wrote:Congratulations on your new purchase!
The Aprilia and KTM are different animals.
I had an RSV4 prior to my 1290 Superduke R. Both have outstanding engines with lots of character.
The KTM is the friendlier bike: it does everything really well, is comfortable, runs cooler and is less demanding.
The Aprilia has telepathic handling, has a peakier, thirstier engine, better electronics, but is cramped for taller riders, is a pain in traffic and can get very hot.
If I was still doing trackdays, the Aprilia would be the better choice. But as a streetbike, the KTM is unsurpassed in its versatility and fun factor.

You may want to add to your list:
Paddock stand for single sided swingarm
Power parts seat
60mm socket
and I agree that a full Akra is definitely worth the money...

Thanks for the information.
Paddock - i have old one from Ducati
Ergo power part seat is added maybe i forgot to put in the list hehehe
60mm socket this part i don't get what you refer to??
Full Akra will need to wait - no more cash hahaha maybe in a year i will change this.

For Aprilia i do agree with your statement. When i had chance to ride 2016 V4 1100 Tuono Factory - i did notice that bike is very good for long corners but not as good for hair pin type of corners or U turn type of corners. KTM for sure is more usable bike and will be more fun for touring and mountain rides or for all around type of riding. For Track day KTM team did listen for noise of the customers and they made 2017 more usable for the track. Footpegs adjustable and more agresive body position should do the trick for people who not go often to a track. Me personally for track - S1KRR is my weapon of choice...In future i may go for RSV but for now this need to wait...
My dealer told me that Aprilia response time is shit and that he also suggest KTM more over Aprilia...If i made right choice we will see. I will know in about month or two when i start riding this bitch on day to day base.

Scotty
Two wheeled terror

Postby Scotty » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Welcome aboard Inspirikus, another cheese-head joins the orange gang, good man!

Re. your last post; the 60mm socket is for removing the rear wheel. You mention mountain rides - I wasn't aware that they were really an option in the Netherlands, but there you go, I've learnt something on a quiet Sunday :wink:
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever....

SuperDoopa
Two wheeled terror

Postby SuperDoopa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:57 pm

I have a nest egg for my daughters wedding and it's enough for a brand spanking SDR and I could load it with what ever parts I wanted. How do I persuade her out of marriage :lol: :lol:

inspirikus
Minimoto racer

Postby inspirikus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:21 am

Scotty wrote:Welcome aboard Inspirikus, another cheese-head joins the orange gang, good man!

Re. your last post; the 60mm socket is for removing the rear wheel. You mention mountain rides - I wasn't aware that they were really an option in the Netherlands, but there you go, I've learnt something on a quiet Sunday :wink:

Ah now i get what you referring...when you say 60mm socket.

You are not wrong related to mountain and Netherlands...

Mountain ride i do outside of NL and below are listing of my favorites
Belgium - Ardene
Germany - Black forest and Aifel
Swiss - Alps or in general Swiss is fantastic.
Austria - Alps and Glossknocker
Italy - Alps and Pass the Stelvio and any other passes
Scotland - Highlands you will need like 3days to pass best roads in Scotland mountain side
Slovenia - Vrsic pass, Bled, Kranj

In Netherlands only twisty roads are on dijk side...any dijk in NL is good for riding but no mountain - maybe small ones at boarder with Germany :)

This year i will hit with KTM Highlands in Scotland and Alps in Swiss and Italy.

inspirikus
Minimoto racer

Postby inspirikus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 am

SuperDoopa wrote:I have a nest egg for my daughters wedding and it's enough for a brand spanking SDR and I could load it with what ever parts I wanted. How do I persuade her out of marriage :lol: :lol:

Very easy bully out her boyfriend out of marriage
Or let him know that you as father of bride need to be satisfied with proper gift from his family side :) - It is in your tradition hehehe

Than just show him a bill for SDR hahahah and tell him thank you for a such a great gift :)

Return to Hello