Hello all from West Australia

introduce yourself
CrackShotDave
Minimoto racer

Hello all from West Australia

Postby CrackShotDave » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:20 am

Hello "All"...

I recently (last Sunday) purchased a 2015 SDR with a mere 2000kms on the clock, Yay go me...

Now down to business, I wanna make this beast into a Beast on heat! for starters I just ordered an Akra shorty off of the S1000RR which will be fitted with a custom link pipe... I know this is unnecessary but I likes the looks of it..

My questions will be what should I do to get the most out of this beast with out going to crazy (TURBO ect).. I have been looking on here for a post that has a guide to the best steps in tuning the bike to its best i.e. PCV and/or fuel control and dongle and air filter ect ect... so far I haven't found anything definitive.
My end goal is to get max power and I want to do it right not twice.

Any great post would be much appreciated. and would be great to meet any fellows with SDR in WA.

Peace out.

jmann

Re: Hello all from West Australia

Postby jmann » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:42 am

Welcome to the forum comrade. There is in fact plenty of info about getting what you can from this thing so the Search button will be your best friend. To my mind the most scientific approach to getting the best has been contributed my Kevxtx who has/had his own web-site in addition to contributing here. From memory he consolidated all of his experiments into one document.

At this stage the PC is the only proven method of doing some tuning so you'll find various howto threads from members such as Kev and ktmguy who has also gone quiet of late.

Have fun...

CrackShotDave
Minimoto racer

Re: Hello all from West Australia

Postby CrackShotDave » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:41 am

Great info and fast reply, cheers mate.
I have heard Kev is the resident Guru... and dont worry i will be going through the post's on here with a fine tooth comb.. haha.

I appreciate any good posts suggested tho cheers.

Return to Hello