Forum rules (FWIW).

introduce yourself
User avatar
Plipton
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock

Forum rules (FWIW).

Postby Plipton » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:09 pm

OK due to popular demand I have split this topic away from its original thread.

We try to run a common-sense set of rules on posting and don't really believe peoples' thoughts should be stifled by bureaucracy. We think the site should be given a guiding hand when needed rather than using a big stick to punish the innocent. Therefore we run the site by 'guidelines' rather than 'rules'. Anyway, these are they (sort of)...


Superdan wrote:I dont know if this contradicts forum legality rules if it does delete away......


Rules??? Wossat? :roll:

Rules on here are simple... just common sense...

No racist comments
No personal attacks on people (piss taking excepted, of course)
Naming and shaming allowed where appropriate (i.e. a dealer has clearly failed to do what they promised regularly). This should go in the Sores, dealers, warranty and insurance section.
No spam posts
No advertising porn sites etc
Try to keep the swearing down a bit
- we do have kids on here who read posts

In short, this forum is here to allow members to share good AND bad experiences.

As an example, there was a written off wreck of an SD that was done up and sold 3 times by one dealer with each buyer coming on here and finding out its history then demanding a refund. that bike was eventually, er, I dunno, but we never heard about it again. That's what we do best ;)
Last edited by Plipton on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current fleet... 1972 Kawasaki H1D 500 triple, 1976 Suzuki RE5 rotary, 1976 Kawasaki KH500, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 (don't ask!), 1954 Beetle, a big white van and a shopping/commuting 4 wheeled device.

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider
 
Posts: 8706
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:35 pm

Postby jehadjoe » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:46 am

plipton wrote:
Superdan wrote:I dont know if this contradicts forum legality rules if it does delete away......


Rules??? Wossat? :roll:

Rules on here are simple... just common sense...

No racist comments
No personal attacks on people (piss taking excepted, of course)
Naming and shaming allowed where appropriate (i.e. a dealer has clearly failed to do what they promised regularly). This should go in the Sores, dealers, warranty and insurance section.
No spam posts
No advertising porn sites etc
Try to keep the swearing down a bit
- we do have kids on here who read posts

In short, this forum is here to allow members to share good AND bad experiences.

As an example, there was a written off wreck of an SD that was done up and sold 3 times by one dealer with each buyer coming on here and finding out its history then demanding a refund. that bike was eventually, er, I dunno, but we never heard about it again. That's what we do best ;)


Er..... could this go on a sticky or sommat? :roll: :? :D

User avatar
Superdan
Thunder pumpkin rider
 
Posts: 6163
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: North Lincs UK

Postby Superdan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:50 pm

plipton wrote:
Superdan wrote:I dont know if this contradicts forum legality rules if it does delete away......


Rules??? Wossat? :roll:

Rules on here are simple... just common sense...

No advertising porn sites etc
Try to keep the swearing down a bit
- we do have kids on here who read posts



Think you need to look at some of the people you have made members in the memberlist most of them are just links to porn on there www links :lol:

User avatar
Plipton
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock

Postby Plipton » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Superdan wrote:Think you need to look at some of the people you have made members in the memberlist most of them are just links to porn on there www links :lol:


Yep that's why (sadly) we have to delete about 95% of new accounts :roll:
Current fleet... 1972 Kawasaki H1D 500 triple, 1976 Suzuki RE5 rotary, 1976 Kawasaki KH500, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 (don't ask!), 1954 Beetle, a big white van and a shopping/commuting 4 wheeled device.

User avatar
weeksy
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: Newbury, UK

Postby weeksy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Superdan wrote:
plipton wrote:
Superdan wrote:I dont know if this contradicts forum legality rules if it does delete away......


Rules??? Wossat? :roll:

Rules on here are simple... just common sense...

No advertising porn sites etc
Try to keep the swearing down a bit
- we do have kids on here who read posts



Think you need to look at some of the people you have made members in the memberlist most of them are just links to porn on there www links :lol:


People sign up from porn sites, but the Mods have to go through about 50 new accounts per day and delete all the 'porn' etc accounts.

Only accounts verified by emails to the users are ever activated.

The others are deleted usually within 24 hours.
Current : 1999 Yamaha R1, 2005 Yamaha R1.

User avatar
Plipton
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock

Postby Plipton » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:18 pm

jehadjoe wrote:Er..... could this go on a sticky or sommat? :roll: :? :D


Not much point, Joe. You know better than I what a pain it is when a forum is stifled by silly rules.

It's simple... if someone posts something we feel is offensive, or somebody complains to us, we take it up with the author and delete it if we think it needs deleting. Multiple repeat offenders get their accounts deleted.

So far I think we've only had to delete about 4 posts from genuine members and only a few spammers who got though the system.....EVER!
Current fleet... 1972 Kawasaki H1D 500 triple, 1976 Suzuki RE5 rotary, 1976 Kawasaki KH500, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 (don't ask!), 1954 Beetle, a big white van and a shopping/commuting 4 wheeled device.

jimbo600
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 am
Location: Wellington New Zealand

Postby jimbo600 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:59 pm

All sounds good,

But is calling Pommies "Pommies" racist?

User avatar
inshala
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:56 am
Location: Dubai

Postby inshala » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:35 pm

jimbo600 wrote:All sounds good,

But is calling Pommies "Pommies" racist?

no more predjudiced then calling a sheepshagger a kiwi.... :lol:
HP2 Enduro 1200 - Going soon (I hope)
KTM SXF 450
KTM SD 990

User avatar
OldYelr
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:01 am
Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas USA

Postby OldYelr » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:35 am

Looks like I've violated the tar out of those. Had no idea anyone would be lettin their chilluns read this. Oh well... Have a nice life :shock:
'07 SD Akro Ti full system, DNA filter

User avatar
Grendel
Stunt rider
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: In the woods and tall grass

Postby Grendel » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:02 am

Cool, maiming is okay then!!

jimbo600
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 am
Location: Wellington New Zealand

Postby jimbo600 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:09 am

inshala wrote:
jimbo600 wrote:All sounds good,

But is calling Pommies "Pommies" racist?

no more predjudiced then calling a sheepshagger a kiwi.... :lol:


Ha.........touche my friend. We don't just shag sheep though.

User avatar
Jody
Wheelie king
 
Posts: 1443
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: France

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:52 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you give 'em hand jobs aswell!!?

jimbo600
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 am
Location: Wellington New Zealand

Postby jimbo600 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:09 am

Jody wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you give 'em hand jobs aswell!!?


Nah bro' we shag all sorts of farm animals down here. A root and a meal.

User avatar
SDSmurf
Wheelie king
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Centurion, South Africa

Postby SDSmurf » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:25 am

:shock:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

(only on superduke.net :lol: )
The SD needs corners like I need red meat.

User avatar
Plipton
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock

Postby Plipton » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:07 pm

jimbo600 wrote:
Jody wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you give 'em hand jobs aswell!!?


Nah bro' we shag all sorts of farm animals down here. A root and a meal.


I have to say I'm shocked and disturbed by these comments.....


I thought it was just the Welsh and Aussies that shagged sheep !! :shock:
Current fleet... 1972 Kawasaki H1D 500 triple, 1976 Suzuki RE5 rotary, 1976 Kawasaki KH500, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 (don't ask!), 1954 Beetle, a big white van and a shopping/commuting 4 wheeled device.

User avatar
Twisted Jester
Race ace
 
Posts: 4954
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Maidstone, Kent. UK

Postby Twisted Jester » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Don't forget the Northerners!
Longest ride on one wheel, 8 miles....

....if only I could do it on my SD.

Colin Kollenntay
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Colin Kollenntay » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm new to this forum lark, and i have to say that i've never heard such terrible and rude things......you should listen to the moderator and do as he says.

Now, where's that link gone..........

User avatar
Stupid Luke
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Maidstone, Central Poland

Postby Stupid Luke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Would all northerners please forgive my southern brother?

There is a common misconception in these parts that northerners shag sheep.............................................................................

When, in fact, they only sleep with them to keep warm in their caves. :D

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider
 
Posts: 8706
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:35 pm

Postby jehadjoe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:19 pm

joe is the curser he speaks of i suppose? :roll:

at times i feel like the forum police....(as if i could do anything to anyone),

A jester.... other times i am as a spanked pup, a self appointed local town idiot and fool rolled into one... actually joe is no one, an enigma..

a poster wh*re

User avatar
Plipton
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock

Postby Plipton » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Hah...shagging sheep...

These people have nothing on Leeroy Le Gallais over here (although I have to point out he's an import. Le Gallais is a Jersey name....say no more).

He shags horses FFS :shock: Joe... you better change your avatar before he tries it on you :lol:
Current fleet... 1972 Kawasaki H1D 500 triple, 1976 Suzuki RE5 rotary, 1976 Kawasaki KH500, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 (don't ask!), 1954 Beetle, a big white van and a shopping/commuting 4 wheeled device.

User avatar
Skavitch
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Northumberland

Postby Skavitch » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:52 pm

Twisted Jester wrote:Don't forget the Northerners!


First Public Warning! :D :D :D
"Charlie, me in the back of the motor with my asthma?"

User avatar
Dutch
Trackday hero
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:29 am
Location: NORF LONDON, Innit

Re: Forum rules (FWIW).

Postby Dutch » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:00 pm

plipton wrote:OK due to popular demand I have split this topic away from its original thread.

We try to run a common-sense set of rules on posting and don't really believe peoples' thoughts should be stifled by bureaucracy. We think the site should be given a guiding hand when needed rather than using a big stick to punish the innocent. Therefore we run the site by 'guidelines' rather than 'rules'. Anyway, these are they (sort of)...


Superdan wrote:I dont know if this contradicts forum legality rules if it does delete away......


Rules??? Wossat? :roll:

Rules on here are simple... just common sense...

No racist comments
No personal attacks on people (piss taking excepted, of course)
Naming and shaming allowed where appropriate (i.e. a dealer has clearly failed to do what they promised regularly). This should go in the Sores, dealers, warranty and insurance section.
No spam posts
No advertising porn sites etc
Try to keep the swearing down a bit
- we do have kids on here who read posts

In short, this forum is here to allow members to share good AND bad experiences.

As an example, there was a written off wreck of an SD that was done up and sold 3 times by one dealer with each buyer coming on here and finding out its history then demanding a refund. that bike was eventually, er, I dunno, but we never heard about it again. That's what we do best ;)


That's what I like to see. Obvious rules and no bollocks (ooops). ;)

User avatar
rigga
Wheelie king
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: Birmingham uk

Postby rigga » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:20 pm

plipton wrote:
jimbo600 wrote:
Jody wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you give 'em hand jobs aswell!!?


Nah bro' we shag all sorts of farm animals down here. A root and a meal.


I have to say I'm shocked and disturbed by these comments.....


I thought it was just the Welsh and Aussies that shagged sheep !! :shock:


I must say i am both disturbed and utterly shocked at that stereotypical comment regarding the welsh,its both unfouded and unjust,and one of the reasons i stopped coming to this site........ plipton you ought to be ashamed of yourself.















Dont you know the buggers are hard to catch with waders on ? :wink:

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider
 
Posts: 8706
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:35 pm

Postby jehadjoe » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:14 pm

what about colin Kollenntay, seems the creatures that we should have came to admire in thare stature and majesty have fallen victim to a perverted mind.

as a man will invade a child he will curse himself for the rest of his days for doing so, woah to those child molesters, the price they will have to pay for thare

digits will be great pain, we as a society are obsessed with holes and digits, to be a mindless lump to cook in the desert sun, they will shrivel as raisins.

to later be stung and eaten by the red ants of the earth, this is why thare is gnashing of teeth. :D

User avatar
scamb66
moderator
 
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Postby scamb66 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:59 am

Plipton wrote:Hah...shagging sheep...

These people have nothing on Leeroy Le Gallais over here (although I have to point out he's an import. Le Gallais is a Jersey name....say no more).

He shags horses FFS :shock: Joe... you better change your avatar before he tries it on you :lol:


Maybe she has pretty eyes. :)
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

Next

Return to Hello

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest