Yasou

introduce yourself
phoebus
Minimoto racer

Yasou

Postby phoebus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:39 pm

Hello and yasou from Washington DC. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm almost there. I've found a couple different sources to get a SD here in DC. This bike is really the only naked that looks like it is finished. I had been thinking about a Tuono Factory, but the SD look so much better. I see there is one other person here in the DC area that has one. I wonder if he'd let met ride it? Anyway now that my Ducati is gone all I'm waiting for is the money to come out of escrow.

Phoebus

spo002

Postby spo002 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Wellcome abord m8!

Hope to get your SD soon. Which Ducati did you have?

fleegal
Two wheeled terror

Postby fleegal » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:54 pm

what colour are you thinking of getting. Black, orange or titanium?

phoebus
Minimoto racer

Postby phoebus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:03 pm

This was my second Ducati. It was a 2004 ST4s ABS. I bought it because I had rented one in Italy the last 2 springtime holidays there. It's a great touring bike but not so great in the city. I had a Monster S4R but it just really didn't go well with me. I felt like the chassis didn't match the motor too well. From what I can tell the KTM seem just right. The color that I want is black. There is a slightly used one in California at a dealership near L.A. The other one I found was in Washington state and that one is orange with a black seat and Akrapovic cans already on it. I'm kinda leaning towards the one in Washington. The one thing that I'm worried about is the fact that there is no warranty on these bike in the US yet.

spo002

Postby spo002 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:45 pm

As I have said before this has its advantages. You can do what ever you like on the bike without worrying about voiding your waranty. I'd like to do many things but I can't.

someone
Site Admin

Postby someone » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:03 pm

Yassou !

are you of greek descent?

phoebus wrote:The other one I found was in Washington state and that one is orange with a black seat and Akrapovic cans already on it. I'm kinda leaning towards the one in Washington.

make sure it has the KTM remap on it - I know Jeff (Finnster) had to unmount his ECU unit and send it to europe to get the remap, as it isn't available in the states yet. And if it does have the remap, where was it iuploaded to the bike? washington dealer? maybe you can save him a lot of trouble and postal charges :wink:
Angelo

phoebus
Minimoto racer

Postby phoebus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:18 pm

Yes I am Greek. My parents are Greek natives. My father was in the foreign service and was transferred here in 1960. Father is from Athens and my mother is from Pireaus/Salamina. I'm planning another motorcycle trip there this May. I just need to secure my rental bike before I come over.

someone
Site Admin

Postby someone » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:39 pm

nice... maybe we can meet up when you get here.

what kind of bike are you going to rent?
Angelo

phoebus
Minimoto racer

Postby phoebus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:07 pm

I'm not quite sure yet. The Ducati service shop that I had my last two rentals serviced at had offered me a bike the next time I come to Europe. They said "why fly to Milan and rent one there when you could just come here and we'll get you something." So, I need to talk to them to see what they can offer me. I would need something like a touring type of bike with hard bags and such. I'm bringing my girl with me again. Maybe they'll get me a KTM 950 or 990 Adventure?

superdude
Two wheeled terror

Postby superdude » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:27 pm

welcome phoebus! You won´t be disappointed with anyone of the colors. (mine´s also orange with black seat.) looks god!!

someone
Site Admin

Postby someone » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:53 pm

phoebus wrote:I'm not quite sure yet. The Ducati service shop that I had my last two rentals serviced at had offered me a bike the next time I come to Europe. They said "why fly to Milan and rent one there when you could just come here and we'll get you something." So, I need to talk to them to see what they can offer me. I would need something like a touring type of bike with hard bags and such. I'm bringing my girl with me again. Maybe they'll get me a KTM 950 or 990 Adventure?

sounds good, KTM and Ducati have the same importer here, maybe you could ask them for an SD or an SM950 with panniers and a tank bag :lol:

actually a new 990 adventure would be a perfect choice for a touring in greece... especially for island dirt roads & beaches
Angelo

donkeyman
Minimoto racer

Postby donkeyman » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:44 pm

welcome to the forum.

Return to Hello