Postby Dirtydutch » Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 am

Tried both, same result

Got the map from the link aphex posted in the map tread

NolaNomad
Two wheeled terror

Re: TuneECU: Official Topic!

Postby NolaNomad » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:37 am

Hello Men:

I'm resurrecting my busted 2007 SD, so thats good news...

Any one out here have a WORKING hex map for tune ecu? I cant find one thats not a 404 error on this site! :evil:

Please send or post up if you older owners are in possession of a working map..

Mine is :
2007 US SD.
Akra slip-on no db's
hooligan type airbox
No SAS
Blockoffs installed
2nd flies removed
Stock throttle tube

When I hook up to tune ecu I get the KTM dashboard but no map is loaded.
Please help a brother out if you can...... :D

I can be reached here:
rjacob74@hotmail.com
or PM on here or just post up..
"satisfaction is the death of desire"

dirty irving
Minimoto racer

Postby dirty irving » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 am

Email sent.

NolaNomad
Two wheeled terror

Postby NolaNomad » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:55 am

Nice Dirty!
Much obliged sir!!!
"satisfaction is the death of desire"

sstone
Minimoto racer

Postby sstone » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Hey gents,

I've torn apart the threads decently well and can't seem to find quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a new map and can't find what I need.

2008 SDR USA
Full Akra system (headers included) (DB killers in, but probably not for much longer)
Blockoff plates/02 eliminators
SAS Removed
rottweiler air system
Secondary Flies still fitted

Otto's map for an EU bike is currently loaded on ECU. I've had the 08-10SDR akra smoothened map and it ran so so rich.

The issue I'm worried about with otto's map is it's built for just the slip-ons, not the full Akra system. Does anyone have any suggestions????

Thanks guys, you've been a huge help with teardown/maintenance!

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Would need to check the difference between US v UK/Aus spec. for '08 SDR but have used Jocke's ( James') map for both of mine from day dot.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:37 am

sstone wrote:Hey gents,

I've torn apart the threads decently well and can't seem to find quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a new map and can't find what I need.

2008 SDR USA
Full Akra system (headers included) (DB killers in, but probably not for much longer)
SAS Removed
rottweiler air system

Otto's map for an EU bike is currently loaded on ECU. I've had the 08-10SDR akra smoothened map and it ran so so rich.

The issue I'm worried about with otto's map is it's built for just the slip-ons, not the full Akra system. Does anyone have any suggestions????

Interesting dilemma! I've got an 09 SDR in Australia, which aligns with the EU maps. I have been running the same map you have and I've also noticed how rich it is. Recently I've fitted a Rottweiler style air box. It'll be interesting to see how it goes on this map. I've thought about using Otto's too. It really is a bit of guess work until you have it dynoed.
Superduke 990R single seater, MIVV's, tail tidy, LSL bars
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

sstone
Minimoto racer

Postby sstone » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am

speedfiend41 wrote:
sstone wrote:Hey gents,

2008 SDR USA
SAS Removed
rottweiler air system

Interesting dilemma! I've got an 09 SDR in Australia, which aligns with the EU maps. I have been running the same map you have and I've also noticed how rich it is. Recently I've fitted a Rottweiler style air box. It'll be interesting to see how it goes on this map. I've thought about using Otto's too. It really is a bit of guess work until you have it dynoed.

So, here's what I can offer you right now that's an upgrade (from what I can tell). More or less, it switches the f-l crossover from the otto map to the akra smoothened map. Result is the same smoothness down low. Map retains the better (and in my opinion, smoother) fuelling from about 3550-upwards. Absolutely, positively less rich than the Akra map.

I ran this hybrid map today in 90+ F degrees while lane splitting through Los Angeles rush hour, and to 9000rpm/liscense suspension speed on the way home, so I'm not concerned about running lean at all!

Still haven't figured out exactly what effect the map has in re the headers though.

If you want it, tell me where to send it!

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to have mine dynoed first - see where I'm at...
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

sstone
Minimoto racer

Postby sstone » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 am

speedfiend41 wrote:Thanks for the offer. I'm going to have mine dynoed first - see where I'm at...

If you don't mind, would you mind posting the numbers and how she feels after? Very curious! :D

orangeracer
Minimoto racer

Postby orangeracer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:29 am

@sstone I have a pretty similar setup as you and I tried the smoothed Akra map, but it ran crappy, not smooth. Under the advice of Motohooligan, (I have the oval butterflies installed), I went to the stock Akra map which worked decently well. I also added a JD Jetting box to help fine-tweak the fuel flow. I haven't had time to ride my SD990 much lately, had some other things going on, so this project has been on hold the past few months. I finally worked out some of the lower end weirdness this weekend and I think I'm at least 95% there. It turned out I had misread the idle/low speed settings in the directions, I made a couple of adjustments, and boo-ya, clutching in parking lot type situations is much improved. Hope to get out for a decent ride soon and report back.

sstone
Minimoto racer

Postby sstone » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:42 am

orangeracer wrote:@sstone I have a pretty similar setup as you and I tried the smoothed Akra map, but it ran crappy, not smooth. Under the advice of Motohooligan, (I have the oval butterflies installed), I went to the stock Akra map which worked decently well. I also added a JD Jetting box to help fine-tweak the fuel flow. I haven't had time to ride my SD990 much lately, had some other things going on, so this project has been on hold the past few months. I finally worked out some of the lower end weirdness this weekend and I think I'm at least 95% there. It turned out I had misread the idle/low speed settings in the directions, I made a couple of adjustments, and boo-ya, clutching in parking lot type situations is much improved. Hope to get out for a decent ride soon and report back.

sounds promising!! I never thought about really working with those beyond taking for granted what the akra smoothened map used down low. Right now my bastardized otto-akra smoothened based beast looks to be running pretty damn well, but I know there's more to gain before the dyno. The downside: I swear I'm getting tendonitis from the clutch in the parking lot lol

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:19 am

sstone wrote:
speedfiend41 wrote:Thanks for the offer. I'm going to have mine dynoed first - see where I'm at...

If you don't mind, would you mind posting the numbers and how she feels after? Very curious! :D

Right. fook me. I just came back from the bike shop riding like a granny. Why? Because my fuelling is so lean I was worried it'd blow up before I got home!

My baseline air/fuel mixture was so bad it was off the chart. From 3500 rpm, apart from a slight dip at 4280 rpm, it was sitting at 17.5/1. At 7500 for some reason it started dropping down until finally at 9700 rpm it hit 13/1. Maximum power was a quite disappointing 121 hp. I'm still running the Akra smoothened map, which obviously is woefully inadequate. I also have to take into account different atmospheric conditions - a good map in cold England might not suit hot and dry Australia. So for those who just load a map and think it's great - good luck to you but after my sobering experience I'll be a little more circumspect.

So my options at this stage are: find a suitable map for an air box and open pipe Mivvs via tuneecu or pay $1000 for a Power Commander V and a half days dyno tuning.

I've had a look through Tuneecu's maps - but does anyone else have any good suggestions? Please??

EDIT: I also thought my bike was running very rich due to it stinking up my leathers. I now know I have no bloody idea and just 'thinking' it's running rich (and therefore is safe) is a loooong way from actually having hard evidence!

SECOND EDIT: This might be a dumb question, but as dyno instruments measure spent gasses exiting the exhaust, would the SAS system I still have connected on the bike skew these readings? If its still injecting fresh air to aid in the burning of spent gasses, would thus also have the effect of boosting the air in the air/fuel ratio?

A question for those more knowledgeable than me please. I'd love to know - it might explain my exceptionally high air/fuel ratio...

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:07 am

Aaaaaand-

Discount almost everything I've written above re my air/fuel ratio. After a bit of research I've established the SAS system will distort all exhaust readings. In hindsight, of course it would. It's injecting fresh air into the exhaust post combustion!
Apart from a wasted trip to the dyno I must say I feel very relieved! I think I'll load Jocke's map from tuneecu, it seems to be the closest match to my bike.

And I'll ring my mechanic and tell him off!

Jointti
Minimoto racer

Postby Jointti » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Dirtydutch wrote:Last week fitted a set of superpole cans and loaded the 08 akra smoothend map , runs like a champ smooth as butter can play with the trottle in slow 1st gear corners.

Butt this mapping gave as soon as loaded an fi fault,
Something like a short circuit with the sai .

How is that possible?

Have tried check and uncheck but no difference. Loaded another map code gone . Load the map again there it is.

Same just happened to me, but with the akra map. Installed the smoothened akra to bike and no error codes. Weird.

Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Postby Dirtydutch » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:05 am

Tried the map again but took an extra time to load it unchecking sas box . And now its gone

Previous

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom