Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Re: TuneECU: Official Topic!

Postby Dirtydutch » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Mr_Trecolareco
Wheelie king

Postby Mr_Trecolareco » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 pm

I don't have dyno with the 05' 990 SD original or with just akrapovic round cans+akrapovic mapping. But looking around with good mapping I suppose just exhaust+akrapovic map should do around 110/115 max?

Eacho bike and dyno are a little different so hard to say. But heres what my final dyno was with motohooligan airbox, no butterflies and no SAS, rc8 intake trumpets and costum mapping.
Um abraco e mto boas curvas!! :)

druu
Minimoto racer

Postby druu » Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Can any suggest a map for me? I have an 06 SD with Akrapovic pipes, stock airbox and butterflies still installed but SAS removed and block off plates installed, running the smoothened map currently and after a 15 minute reset it will seem OK but some time down the line things will start to feel rough again for some reason.

Should I remove butterflies? Perhaps reset TPS (I've not done this before). By the seat of the pants, it feels fine in higher RPM but low RPM performance it's fairly rough, even after a TB balance using a carbtune tool.

Thanks in advance!

battleshaft
Minimoto racer

Postby battleshaft » Fri May 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello all,
I currently have round Akras on my ’11 SD, running the KTM Akra map. I’m about to install a Motohooligan Motobox and SAS block-off kit and wondered if there are any maps available for Tune ECU that accommodate these mods, as don’t want it to end up running too lean with the new airbox.
I am of course planning on dyno + custom remap at some point, but was looking for a short term solution/guidance for inevitable riding in between!
Cheers :D

nampus
Stunt rider

Postby nampus » Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm

The akra maps are rich enough to be run with the motobox.
Best is always to get it properly set up on the Dyno. But for short term the akra map should be fine, you could always do a single run on the nearest Dyno, to check if it's not running lean.

Bazzaz
Minimoto racer

Postby Bazzaz » Fri May 25, 2018 5:23 pm

battleshaft wrote:Hello all,
I currently have round Akras on my ’11 SD, running the KTM Akra map. I’m about to install a Motohooligan Motobox and SAS block-off kit and wondered if there are any maps available for Tune ECU that accommodate these mods, as don’t want it to end up running too lean with the new airbox.
I am of course planning on dyno + custom remap at some point, but was looking for a short term solution/guidance for inevitable riding in between!
Cheers :D

SD or SDR?

I got the akra map on my '10 SDR with akra's, ITG, no flies and no SAS and it runs great.. had it on the dyno right after I did the mods and it's pretty good in general, just a bit of a rich area around 4k tpm but the tuner didn't think it worth the money to fabricate a custom map for it.

This is my result;

battleshaft
Minimoto racer

Postby battleshaft » Wed May 30, 2018 7:55 am

Thanks chaps! :D

Previous

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom