TuneECU: Official Topic!

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
dade
Two wheeled terror

TuneECU: Official Topic!

Postby dade » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Seems like the open source version of TuneBoy... Does the same things (more or less), uses a standard USB/OBD cable...

The software: http://www.box.net/shared/pusg6v7nyd

Instructions...http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tunes_in_Hex_ ... ion_En.zip

The cable...? http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT

A handy PDF
https://files.me.com/craig.wiltshire/zaysj4

So now? Who tries it??? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Thought that this could became THE topic dedicated to this Revolution in our little Super Duyle World.... :wink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Bert: Looking for maps? Wanna know what map to use for your bike?
Take a look at the special thread: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Links to cable parts UK
http://www.beatthegarage.com/product/00 ... _vag_com_/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBD2-OBD-II-Cab ... 001C1MNTM/
http://www.beatthegarage.com/product/02 ... er_cable_/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/OBD-OBD2-Connec ... 0054FJEDK/
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Japanese-Sumitomo ... 230839fe0a
Last edited by dade on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciao!!
dade
BLACK IS BACK!! (...and is always faster!)

dade
Two wheeled terror

Postby dade » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:19 pm

maybe the cable needs some workaround... do someone have a photo or the Tuneboy cable??
Ciao!!
dade

dade
Two wheeled terror

Postby dade » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 pm

mmmmm.... it reads also the maps from the PCIII... :shock:
Ciao!!
dade

Silverback
Stunt rider

Postby Silverback » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:43 pm

it say you need a password/key code to use ??

It for triumph only also ???
Last edited by Silverback on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smoky
Wheelie king

Postby smoky » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:39 pm

i have this exact cable for my VW... where would i find the plug on the bike to hook it up? might be worth a try....
"Idiot-proofing everything creates a world full of idiots!"

Nickeluring
Stunt rider

Postby Nickeluring » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 pm

I don't think that cable will fit. The Tuneboy cable goes to the diagnose connector under the seat, and it looks very different.

doctypo
Two wheeled terror

Postby doctypo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:07 am

Nickeluring wrote:I don't think that cable will fit. The Tuneboy cable goes to the diagnose connector under the seat, and it looks very different.

The connector is different but I believe it's still OBD-II, possibly K-Line (as per the service manual). I've been meaning to see if I can get it done but have yet to build an adapter. Looks like I just may need to now.
When in doubt, power out
------
07 990SD (Black, Leo's, DNA, 16:41, PCIII, HAHA HEEHEE VROOM VROOM!)
04 ZX-636 (Track, Commute, Toy)
07 Subaru STi (When the bikes need tyres)

the-bunker
Stunt rider

Postby the-bunker » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:23 pm

The software looks very similar to TuneBoy & it's possible that the tuneboy cable will work with it (if anyone is brave enough to try)

There appears to be a free lite version of this software which gives you access to diagnostics (I've never got the Tuneboy equivalent to work) & a full version that provides fuel mapping capability.

Not sure what to make of it really. If you wanted to do the whole thing on the cheap, then you're gonna need to make a cable & make sure it's wired up right - and that's assuming this software works with the SD.
Meow

jaanusj
Two wheeled terror

Postby jaanusj » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Today I managed to read the map from my bike with Tuneecu. Now I know that i have akra map. I was able to read all the diagnostic information and to erase one error code. I will test it again tomorow with full battery and I will upload my map with custom PCIII trim.

Seems like it is a good alternative to PCIII and tuneboy:)
SD 2005

Schnauzer
Trackday hero

Postby Schnauzer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:59 pm

The download link doesn't work, anyone have a new link?

jaanusj
Two wheeled terror

Postby jaanusj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 am

SD 2005

gezza47
Two wheeled terror

Postby gezza47 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:20 am

jaanusj

And what cable did you end up using? thx

harvester
Two wheeled terror

Postby harvester » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 am

06 SD with 07 headlight mask, HID, Akras, MH Motobox, MH SAS blockoffs, MH's reshaped flyz, O2 eliminators, KTM alarm
http://bikepics.com/members/harvester/

MrZ32
Trackday hero

Postby MrZ32 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:52 am

ok so im seriously interested in this but how can a piggyback ecu map work on the standard ecu?

So basically all this will cost you is a cable and some free software and essentially you have the equivelant of a tuneboy or pc3?
08 SD, WP Dampener, 'Suspension Improvements" tuned sus (springs, valves, shim stacks ), KTM cowl, R&G carbon covers, Termi Pipes (from a duc 998), Grim990 Airbox, breather mod, SAS plates, tuneECU PDI tune, HM QS, JTM VS & DVS

jaanusj
Two wheeled terror

Postby jaanusj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 pm

MrZ32 wrote:ok so im seriously interested in this but how can a piggyback ecu map work on the standard ecu?

So basically all this will cost you is a cable and some free software and essentially you have the equivelant of a tuneboy or pc3?

This software adds dynojet pc3 map to your original map. This means that you fill flash your ecu with completly new map. It is cheap but you must be sure what you are doing if you flash wrong map you may end up with dead ecu :shock:
SD 2005

the-bunker
Stunt rider

Postby the-bunker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:43 pm

This is looking interesting & must be seriously pi$$ing Tuneboy off, as it's practically the same software/cable for a lot less money, ie: $17 for 1 half of the cable, so probably $30 - $40 for the lot - instead of Tuneboy $500 :shock:

If the diagnostics work then that is 1 over Tuneboy for the SD as well - since they never got it to work.

I notice from the TuneECU website it says

"YES - The TuneBoy USB cable will work with TuneECU."
Meow

duc985
Minimoto racer

Postby duc985 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:56 pm

so far it looks like nobody has real experience with KTM's, whats possible and whats not working. I'm still waiting for my ODB2 cable from China to get started. Its cheap but takes ages. The KTM ECU plug i already got.
I spoke to a couple of Triumph riders and they claim you can do everything the dealer can do and even more.
My Tuner in Germany has experience with it so he will make a Dyno run with map beginning of next year and we will use TuneECU to pump it to the ECU.
So we will see if this all works as it should, but winter is comming here and i can tell you only more next year. I will for sure check the diagnostic functions and wether i can swith on/off SLS, Lambda probs change rev liminter etc.

I guess when this works you will see a lot of Powercommanders and others on ebay ...

MrZ32
Trackday hero

Postby MrZ32 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:20 pm

cable ordered, going to repco to find out about a male obd11 and 6 pin plug
08 SD, WP Dampener, 'Suspension Improvements" tuned sus (springs, valves, shim stacks ), KTM cowl, R&G carbon covers, Termi Pipes (from a duc 998), Grim990 Airbox, breather mod, SAS plates, tuneECU PDI tune, HM QS, JTM VS & DVS

Reb
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reb » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 pm

MrZ32 wrote:cable ordered, going to repco to find out about a male obd11 and 6 pin plug

I'm also very interested in this as was saving my pennies for a Tuneboy for Xmas. Still going to need a dyno run though to know what changes to make. Mr Z32 do you know any tuners around Bris that would be willing to play with something like this. I did find a bloke on the northside said he would give the Tuneboy a run.
Scooters are for Men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer the wind on their vagina.

Reb
Two wheeled terror

Postby Reb » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm

erm... on second thoughts I think I'll sit back and see how many ECUs get fried. All that techniod electrickery shit gives me the sweats and trembles. :lol:
Scooters are for Men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer the wind on their vagina.

jaanusj
Two wheeled terror

Postby jaanusj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Great success:)

I readed map once again - KM610AK050E002Map.hex
KTM 990 SuperDuke 05-06 model years with Akrapovic Titanium slip-on exhaust

Downloaded PCIII file from SD.net for this akra map (I think it was Klinck-s map) and added it to my original akra map. Flashed it to the ecu and it works. Engine runs and no FI codes

Weather is bad at the moment but i will go and try it asap.

Some tips for tuneecu users:

1) Rename your map file in windows after reading it from ecu. If you dont tuneecu wont read your map next time.

2) Download button in tuneecu means that you write the map to the ecu.

3) If you buy this cable you dont have to make or buy the adapter for superduke, just buy 3 male 3 female crimp pins and crimp them to 3 wires.

Connect them to SD:

SD orange is +12 and connects to OBD pin 16
SD yellow red is data line and connects to obd pin 7
SD Brown is Ground and connects to OBD pin 4

I hope tuneecu guys develope the test part of this software so we will be able to to all tests as triumph user can.

I saw from test page that my SD throttle bodies are about 20 hPa out of balance, next step will be balancing them with Tuneecu:)
SD 2005

troy
Two wheeled terror

Postby troy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 am

MrZ32 wrote:cable ordered, going to repco to find out about a male obd11 and 6 pin plug

Might have more luck looking at Jaycar mate. I got mine there, just waiting on some desk time to assemble and start tinkering.

First one to fry an ECU gets a stubbie :)

samba
Trackday hero

Postby samba » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 am

there's an ECU on ebay at the moment, presumably going a hell of a lot cheaper than a new one....if I were you guys I'd buy it "just in case"

:lol: :lol:

then again I could buy it and when one of you fries your ECU, sell it on.... :twisted: :twisted:
bbbbrrrrrmmmmmm......brrrmmmmmm.....nnnyyyyymmmmmmmmm

MrZ32
Trackday hero

Postby MrZ32 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 pm

going to jaycar today... will have all this going soon... in time for my moto flies and dual velocity stacks :twisted:

btw, finished installing sas block off kit and the grim990 airbox... i thought my bike was evil before... now i swear it has the most badass torque curve ever :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

troy
Two wheeled terror

Postby troy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Dual velocity stacks ?. is that the Gregz mod with the speaker tubes ?.

Sounding good, you up for the ride on the 23rd Oct ?.

Next

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom