TuneECU: Official Topic!

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
6thgear
Minimoto racer

Re: TuneECU: Official Topic!

Postby 6thgear » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Yesterday i checked the ecu and the map loaded is 3D03 map, SAI and O2 on.
So i think there is little to do.
Maybe the map is not properly well tuned with Exan exhaust.
Do you recommend me to mount OEM air filter?

Bobsp
Minimoto racer

Postby Bobsp » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi,

I picked up a 2009 Superduke and have been playing with it. I am looking for the best map, until I can get it dynod.

I now have:
Full Akrapovic system.
SAS removed.
Secondary Flies removed (shafts still present for now)
Rottweiler air box.
O2 killers.

I have TuneEcu, any suggestions on the best map.

Thanks Guys.

fitz the viking
Minimoto racer

Postby fitz the viking » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:52 pm

just making sure i have the right idea with this.

i have an 06 sd with akra slip ons with baffles in, no other modifications. i am planning on using KM610AK0503D03Map.hex off the tune ecu website. then if i want to add to this i merge this 05SD_uk_akra_DBkillers to it.

is it worth using them together right from the off?

cheers all.

Edorta
Two wheeled terror

Postby Edorta » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 am

Hi everybody!

I have a doubt with pciii mappings, so if anybody can help me I would apreciate a lot.

I always use an Otto mapping in my bike and I'm very happy with it, but this mapping is made for exhaust with dbkillers and I don't use them so I want to probe with another one.

There is an map with EU specs and no dbkiller but I never use a pciii map and I want to be sure.

First of all i have to load an Akrapovic map, OK

Then import de pciii table, OK

Save the mapping, OK

And nothing more? I ask because I read something about that the values of each cilinder are oposite in power commander and tune ecu, so i don't know if anything more is necesary.

I've also see the Guys Custom map. KTMGuy is this mapping owner? I've see that you're aussie. Any problem with your mapping in a EU specs SD? And is for an open exhaust or a exhaust with DBkiller?

Thanks a lot!!!
Ride it like you stole it!!!

Nukem
Two wheeled terror

Postby Nukem » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:20 am

I finally got around to having a play with TuneECU today. Slightly distracted by having to manage my incredibly overly helpful 4 year old at the same time, so managed to make ever single "don't do this" mistake in the book...
1) Plugged in the cable while connected to the internet and let the computer download the 'standard' cable drivers (they don't work btw - you have to go get the correct ones)
2) Didn't pay any attention to the "how to" video which clearly showed the LED lighting up on the OBD connector when the cable was connected to the bike. Eventually found that one of the wires in the cable had been severed and needed to be stripped and inserted into the plug again.
3) Couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Tried plugging and unplugging every sort of cable, no luck, put the headlight fuse back in a tried it again, no luck, suddenly thought to check the kill switch and - duh, must have banged it when moving the controls to fit bar- end mirrors (I' don't think I've ever used it on this bike). LED light came on in the cable and connection was a go!

Seems like my ('05) bike has the correct map - "KM610AK050E002 990 SuperDuke, Akrapovic slip on pipes (Off road use only, Not using O2 sensor)". Someone has already turned the SAI off - the SAS hasn't been removed but I'll be doing that in a week or so.

I got a few error codes: P0113 - Inlet air temperature sensor open circuit or short circuit to battery; P1105 - MAP sensor pipe fault; P1106 - MAP sensor2, pipe fault
As per recommendations on other posts in this thread, I'll clear the codes and see if they reoccur in case they are historical (unless someone can see a clear issue here).

I'm going to install a Motohooligan Airbox at the same time as taking off the SAS, (but I'm not sure what to do about the secondary butterflies) - so I'll be looking for a new map once that is done, and will go scrounging for help in the hex/map thread. I would have actually liked to have taken the bike to get properly dyno'ed but it doesn't seem like there is a trustworthy dyno tuner in the vicinity so I'll see what I can pick up here.

What a fantastic and powerful tool TuneECU is - massive thanks to Alain, and to all who have posted here for the little tips that helped me troubleshoot my way through getting connected.

Runner130
Minimoto racer

Postby Runner130 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi,

Finnaly got a Lonelec Tune ECU cable so first time connected my bike with Tune ECU, I got 3 errors, can you please check my video and see it something is not usuall on readings please?

I have really big problems with my bike stalling on clutch descibed here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25986

Tune Ecu video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJGuOeb ... e=youtu.be
Neighbors yelling at me like, "You need to slow down." Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the fook out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:20 am

Hi,

I recently bought my bike and needed to confirm the mapping was correct (it appears as though the standard exhaust has been reverted).
The bike runs fine so I'm not overly concerned, just need to be diligent.

So I received my Lonelec cables yesterday... finally after 3 weeks.
My 3rd attempt at connecting to the ECU worked straight away (using a Windows 7 x64 laptop). I had tried using a mates Lonelec cable twice before (trying everything that others suggested) but it seems at least of of them is faulty as the new ones allowed me to connect straight way.

Once connected, I confirmed standard map is loaded (well by name anyway - KM611EU0704501Map) but its different when I do a compare to the downloaded standard map (KM611EU0704501Map) downloaded from TuneECU. SAI/02 Sensor/EPC are unchecked so I need to determine if unchecking SAI/02 Sensor/EPC changes the mappings or not ?.

There's a significant difference when F6ing between them both.
Can anyone shed some light on this please ?. I assume the map has been customised, just need to discount the impact of unchecking above mentioned checkboxes.
2010 SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai (LiFePO4) battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear / Pilot Power 3 front.

Nukem
Two wheeled terror

Postby Nukem » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:07 am

DukeNukem999 wrote:Sensor/EPC are unchecked so I need to determine if unchecking SAI/02 Sensor/EPC changes the mappings or not ?.

Can anyone shed some light on this please ?. I assume the map has been customised, just need to discount the impact of unchecking above mentioned checkboxes.

Hi there, I see we played similar computer games in the 90s.

Checking the boxes does not affect the map at all. Yours has been customised.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:49 am

Nukem wrote:
DukeNukem999 wrote:Sensor/EPC are unchecked so I need to determine if unchecking SAI/02 Sensor/EPC changes the mappings or not ?.

Hi there, I see we played similar computer games in the 90s.

Checking the boxes does not affect the map at all. Yours has been customised.

Cheers Nukem I thought as much.
Yes Duke Nukem 3D was by far my favourite game at the time ;) - ...."I'm all out of chewing gum"....lol
Come screen name time, it was the first thing I thought of.
2010 SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai (LiFePO4) battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear / Pilot Power 3 front.

orangedude
Minimoto racer

Postby orangedude » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:52 am

Hi,
I have superduke R 2008 with standard 120cv engine.
The bike is completely original I only change the exhaust with leovince sbk titanium.
My current map is standard KM611EU0704501Map.hex OEM but the bike have lost a lot of power.
What map do you suggest?
Thank you

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:09 pm

orangedude wrote:Hi,
I have superduke R 2008 with standard 120cv engine.
The bike is completely original I only change the exhaust with leovince sbk titanium.
My current map is standard KM611EU0704501Map.hex OEM but the bike have lost a lot of power.
What map do you suggest?
Thank you

I'm no expert but that's the same map I have loaded on my 2010 SD (not SDR)...

Looking at the TuneECU site its lists the maps below for the SDR 08-10 with Akra's (non standard exhaust)...

"KM611EU0802031Map.hex OEM" (KTM 990 SuperDuke R 08-10 model years with Akropovic slip-on exhaust)
or
"KM611US0802031Map.hex OEM" KTM 990 SuperDuke R 08-09 model years with Akropovic slip-on exhaust US only

Do an "F6 compare" against the standard map and see if its different than the standard "KM611EU0704501Map.hex OEM" ?. Mine was.
Last edited by DukeNukem999 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

orangedude
Minimoto racer

Postby orangedude » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:27 am

Sorry but I don't understand your argument.
If I compare a standard map with an akra map of course it will be different.
In TuneEcu website, under my standard map there is
KM611EU0704530Map.hex OEM - KTM 990 SuperDuke 07-10 model years with Evolution Titanium exhaust
and with the same code
KM611EU0704530MapEVO4.hex - KTM 990 SuperDuke 07-10 model years with Akrapovic-Slip on Evolution Titanium exhaust with buffles
a map by Otto that I read very well from other users.
So I think I would try this last, if someone can confirm it would be very appreciate.
Thank you

Nukem
Two wheeled terror

Postby Nukem » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:57 am

orangedude wrote:Sorry but I don't understand your argument.
If I compare a standard map with an akra map of course it will be different.

What I believe my similarly monikered friend is saying is that the map you have on your bike might have been altered, whatever it may be called. If someone extracted the map from the bike, then altered it and saved it with the same name before uploading then it would still be called the same thing, but actually have different mapping.

You can check if you have the actual KM611EU0704501Map.hex by downloading that from the tuneecu website, reading the map from your bike and then doing a "compare" with the legit map that you have downloaded.

Also DN999 is right - you shouldn't have an SDR map on the bike, that's probably where your lack of power is coming from.

orangedude
Minimoto racer

Postby orangedude » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:23 am

Ok now I understand and I'll try to compare them thank you.
The bike is the first version of superduke r from end of 2007 so the engine is the standard of superduke.
The power with standard exhaust was fine but with leovince I lost the some torque I think due lack of catalyst.
Some italian friend suggested me Otto map

dread
Two wheeled terror

Postby dread » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:50 am

Hi all .... can anyone suggest an optimised / smoothed map for a totally standard 05 bike please the current one is causing very smelly fumes.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 pm

orangedude wrote:Ok now I understand and I'll try to compare them thank you.
The bike is the first version of superduke r from end of 2007 so the engine is the standard of superduke.
The power with standard exhaust was fine but with leovince I lost the some torque I think due lack of catalyst.
Some italian friend suggested me Otto map

I see, I wasn't aware of the SDR / SD engine confusion with that model. Thanks, its handy to know.
And as Nukem mentioned, the maps can be altered and saved with the same name (as I seem to have on my bike).
I work in IT and its not good practice to do this (save customised config files with the same name as the factory config) as its misleading and can result in major issues.
Config files should be as unique and descriptive as possible.

orangedude
Minimoto racer

Postby orangedude » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Tried Otto map the bike works good :D
No more thunder sound on throttle relase even if I haven't disable sas.
The on-off is still present but someone suggest me to disable the O2 in Tuneecu

El_Zeta
Minimoto racer

Postby El_Zeta » Wed May 11, 2016 10:02 am

Hello,

I have just finished my bike for season 2016 and it included:
Complete removal of SAS (valve and hoses is gone, block of plates is mounted and a dongle for the contact is mounted).
Yoshimura Carbon

Other than this, the bike is a standard Superduke -2007 newer version (not a hybrid of 06/07).
I'm used to bikes and engines but I have not worked alot with injection so it's fun to learn alot of new things.
I have read a lot on this forum about the remap of the bike and yesterday I set it all up and made a try with TuneECU.
It all went good but it's just something that I couldn't find an answer for here on the forum or in the manual for TuneECU.

I saved my original map, "KM611EU0704501Map.hex" and remaped it with "SDGuysCustom possibly the best map for aftermarket pipes" as It feels safe and from what I have read, it should be a great map for my bike with my setup.
It all went good and I compared it with the standard map also.

When everything is ready, the ECU info up in the left corner where the serial-number and map name is shown, still shows the original name "KM611EU0704501Map".

Is this just how it should be? I thought it should change to something about the new map name?
Maybe the original map name is "connected" to the original ECU or?

/Fredrik

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Wed May 11, 2016 2:51 pm

El_Zeta wrote:Hello,

Complete removal of SAS (valve and hoses is gone, block of plates is mounted and a dongle for the contact is mounted).
Yoshimura Carbon

Other than this, the bike is a standard Superduke -2007 newer version (not a hybrid of 06/07).
I'm used to bikes and engines but I have not worked alot with injection so it's fun to learn alot of new things.
I have read a lot on this forum about the remap of the bike and yesterday I set it all up and made a try with TuneECU.
It all went good but it's just something that I couldn't find an answer for here on the forum or in the manual for TuneECU.

I saved my original map, "KM611EU0704501Map.hex" and remaped it with "SDGuysCustom possibly the best map for aftermarket pipes" as It feels safe and from what I have read, it should be a great map for my bike with my setup.

When everything is ready, the ECU info up in the left corner where the serial-number and map name is shown, still shows the original name "KM611EU0704501Map".

Is this just how it should be? I thought it should change to something about the new map name?

/Fredrik

Correct, once you upload the map the ecu renames it. Caused me a lot of confusion when I wen't to pull my custom map to compare it and it would have the same name as the stock map.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Edorta
Two wheeled terror

Postby Edorta » Wed May 11, 2016 3:24 pm

El_Zeta wrote:Hello,

Yoshimura Carbon

/Fredrik

You can click at "Display" and then "map infos" to be sure.

As you can see in this information Guys Maps is for engines with 2nd flies removed.... so maybe doesn't run perfect in your bike.

Try with de Otto Tuning map, you can download it in the oficcial site of tune ecu. I used it for years in mi 07 SD and runs very well.

Or maybe you can remove de 2nd flies, it's very easy :wink:
Ride it like you stole it!!!

El_Zeta
Minimoto racer

Postby El_Zeta » Wed May 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Great! Thanks to both of you. Now I feel even more safe that everything is as it should be.
I'm gonna have a look at the Otto-map also, or remove the 2nd flies maybe :)

dread
Two wheeled terror

Postby dread » Wed May 11, 2016 5:25 pm

I have a lonelec lead that doesn't fit my loom, are there two different types?

The lead I have looks like the one for sale on amazon for a ktm which is an oblong shape with 3 pairs of terminals seperated by plastic....... but my bike has a plug with 6 separate round holes and it wont fit.

:?
I can now answer my own question.It is for the 200/390 Duke, How frustrating

Be careful to get the right one folks :roll:

Chefket
Minimoto racer

Postby Chefket » Mon May 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi Gentleman

I need advise for my setup:

Eu 990 Superduke 07
SAS on
ITG Filter system (removed the original aribox)
2e flies stil in
Arka slipons baffles out

Many thanks in advance!

dread
Two wheeled terror

Postby dread » Mon May 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi all.
I bought a cable from the for sale section and have found the USB - OBDII part of it does'nt work, so I will have to buy a new one :roll:

Can anybody confirm that I an right or wrong to think it is simply a KKL VAG COM type cable ?

I am now going to run HP Corse cans with DB Killers, ITG 100 sausage filter, 2ndry flys removed, SAS unchecked and hopefully want a map that is stable for further tuning so FL switching at tick over or no Lambda at all. If that makes sense.

Can anyone please offer or suggest a good map that isn't too rich ? Mine is 2005 990 SD. Cheers.

dread
Two wheeled terror

Postby dread » Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom