TuneECU: Official Topic!

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
Chefket
Minimoto racer

Re: TuneECU: Official Topic!

Postby Chefket » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:05 am

To bad it is quiet on the forum, it was a good active forum a few years back. :cry:

Is there still someone who could write a custom map? or have the know how? or is active with tuning these beast?

Chefket wrote:Hi Gentleman

I need advise for my setup:

Eu 990 Superduke 07
SAS on
ITG Filter system (removed the original aribox)
2e flies stil in
Arka slipons baffles out

Many thanks in advance!

bazz21
Two wheeled terror

Postby bazz21 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:54 am

a custom map is allways best but if u cant then get the 07 eu akra smoothened map . but put a marble in the sas and turn it of with tune ecu ,same with o2 censors, then enjoy cheers bazz

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Downloaded the "KTM 990 SuperDuke 07-10 model years with Evolution Titanium exhaust EU" Map to the ECU (KM611EU0704530Map.hex)
Seems to be better in general (but not as smooth down low when cold).
Will try it for a week and then try the "07-08_EU_SD_Akra_Map_Smoothened.hex" map. After that will try the file08_SD_GuysCustom_most_suited_to_aftermarket_air_filter_not_airbox_.hex" map.
It was running pretty good in general but felt like it had a flat spot about 6K rpm.
2010 SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai (LiFePO4) battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear / Pilot Power 3 front.

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:22 am

DukeNukem999 wrote:Downloaded the "KTM 990 SuperDuke 07-10 model years with Evolution Titanium exhaust EU" Map to the ECU (KM611EU0704530Map.hex)
Will try it for a week and then try the "07-08_EU_SD_Akra_Map_Smoothened.hex" map. After that will try the file08_SD_GuysCustom_most_suited_to_aftermarket_air_filter_not_airbox_.hex" map.
It was running pretty good in general but felt like it had a flat spot about 6K rpm.

I had a friend help load the "08 SDGuysCustom possibly the best map for aftermarket pipes .hex" map last weekend and only got to use it on the 40 min ride home (took the long way) and it was great. Such a difference from the map that was on it "KMEU0704530Map.HEX".

I have the SAS removal and Motohooligan butterflies swap with the Motohooligan box in there now, rode it on the std map for awhile but it wasn't happy in a couple of spots. Looking forward to opening her up on the mountains now :)

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:35 am

D1rkola wrote:
DukeNukem999 wrote:Downloaded the "KTM 990 SuperDuke 07-10 model years with Evolution Titanium exhaust EU" Map to the ECU (KM611EU0704530Map.hex)

I had a friend help load the "08 SDGuysCustom possibly the best map for aftermarket pipes .hex" map last weekend and only got to use it on the 40 min ride home (took the long way) and it was great. Such a difference from the map that was on it "KMEU0704530Map.HEX".

I have the SAS removal and Motohooligan butterflies swap with the Motohooligan box in there now, rode it on the std map for awhile but it wasn't happy in a couple of spots. Looking forward to opening her up on the mountains now :)

Cheers, I havent yet loaded it but may try this weekend. Its been on my to do list for a while.
The change to the "KM611EU0704530Map.hex" map results in about 13km/L (as opposed to 14km/L) so doesnt help fuel economy whatsoever...lol. Fuel lIght comes on at 190km. It used to come on about 210km (ish).
Last edited by DukeNukem999 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai (LiFePO4) battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear / Pilot Power 3 front.

D1rkola
Minimoto racer

Postby D1rkola » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:23 am

DukeNukem999 wrote:Cheers, I havent yet loaded it but may try this weekend.
The change to the "KM611EU0704530Map.hex" map results in about 13km/L (as opposed to 14km/L) so doesnt help fuel economy whatsoever...lol. Fuel lIght comes on at 190km. It used to come on about 210km (ish).

Woah, yeah i dunno what this new map is like to be honest. Felt good on the short run, really need to go for a run sunday morning and see before the QR track day on the 7th.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:45 am

Well so far it seems pretty good. Throttle is less snatchy for sure ;)

billinom8s
Minimoto racer

Postby billinom8s » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:29 pm

i had my 990 done using this method.
GPR cans
k&n air filter

bang on, no snatchy low end, pulls like a train and even got more miles from the tank.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:51 am

Same here in regards to better fuel economy !....I went from 14-14.5km/L to 13km/L when I tried the previous map (SuperDuke 07-10 model years with Evolution Titanium exhaust EU" (KM611EU0704530Map.hex)

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:40 am

Okay so I gained back 1km/L since remapping.
Back to 14km/L after downloading "07-08_EU_SD_Akra_Map_Smoothened.hex" map". Mostly commuting to work and back.
For reference, I was getting 14.5-15km/L with stock OEM exhausts.

RichUK
Two wheeled terror

Postby RichUK » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:37 pm

I've just uploaded my custom map from my PCIII to my PC so I now have a .djm file on my harddrive, and can view it with the PC software.

Is it possible to use Tune ECU to adjust my ECU's own map to be the same as what is it now with the PCIII adapting it (basically eliminating the PCIII)?
I have read the start of this thread but there was a suggestion it's not easy to do and I'm hoping to avoid having to read through all 81 pages to find the answer. :mrgreen:

Many thanks, Rich.

larryf8
Minimoto racer

Postby larryf8 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi guys, been out of discussion in a long time. Rusty on using my tuneecu after quite a while. Can someone help me get the best map or hexfile for my '06 ktm sd990? akra slip ons, dna air filter, sas plugged and 02 sensors removed and installed resistors. thank you in advance.
:D :D :D

orangeracer
Minimoto racer

Postby orangeracer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:37 am

Trying to get a TuneECU from KTMTwins to connect but no success. For background, 2007 990SD, Rotty intake, Akra open ti exhaust, all emissions scuttled/blocked off. I'm using a JD Jetting tuner, (currently disconnected for the TuneECU), which got me 85% of the way there but it idles high (2k+ in gear) and has a small flat spot off idle. From reading here and elsewhere I'm thinking that TuneECU will help tweak the throttle/tps to help with the idle. The drivers installed fine and Windows sees the usb connection ok. No matter what sequence I use though, the software won't connect. I've tried 2 different computers/os, (xp & 7), pulling the headlight fuse, battery on tender, profanity, alcohol/nicotine, chicken's blood, et. al. to no avail.

The JD Jetting tuner works by adjusting the fuel flow btw, (made it actually quite good except for the idle). If I finally connect and get the idle sorted, would I still want to flash in a map through TuneECU and use the JD tuner as well? Thanks for any tips as always.
Last edited by orangeracer on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

orangeracer
Minimoto racer

Postby orangeracer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:57 pm

I finally thought to check the continuity on the adapter cable that fits to the the bike wiring harness. It failed miserably. I took the plug apart and discovered that all three wire leads had been attached to the pins without stripping the insulation... :shock:

After stripping the wire ends and soldering them to the pins, I hooked it all up, bingo the light turned on the blue box and TuneECU connected at last! I saved my stock map and took a look at the tests, etc. By running the cable test it seemed to drop the idle a little bit, will be checking with JD today to see what they recommend, stay tuned... pun intended...

46doohanok
Minimoto racer

Postby 46doohanok » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:48 am

Get an engine tuner to build you a custom map on a dyno personally detailed just for your bike it makes the ultimate difference
KTM 990 Superduke R
Carbon Wrapped
Full Akrapovic system
PC111
Rottweiler air intake system
Short Velocity Stacks
Custom fuel map
HM Quickshifter
128.74BHP @ the back wheel @ 10324.5 rpm, Max Torque 73.91 ft/lb @ 8631.8rpm

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 am

orangeracer wrote:I finally thought to check the continuity on the adapter cable that fits to the the bike wiring harness. It failed miserably. I took the plug apart and discovered that all three wire leads had been attached to the pins without stripping the insulation... :shock:

After stripping the wire ends and soldering them to the pins, I hooked it all up, bingo the light turned on the blue box and TuneECU connected at last! I saved my stock map and took a look at the tests, etc. By running the cable test it seemed to drop the idle a little bit, will be checking with JD today to see what they recommend, stay tuned... pun intended...

Thanks for sharing that. I had an issue with a mates brand new LoneTec cable and adapter when I first got my SD990 (never used and was in the original packaging).
I'll pass this onto him to check it out.

orangeracer
Minimoto racer

Postby orangeracer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:44 am

Small update concerning the JD tuner + ECU. I got the error codes cleared, (from pulling off the emissions stuff), eventually went with a stock Akra map. From the JD tuner side just fattened up the zones a bit and running like a raped ape.... 8)

jambox
Trackday hero

Postby jambox » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 am

larryf8 wrote:Hi guys, been out of discussion in a long time. Rusty on using my tuneecu after quite a while. Can someone help me get the best map or hexfile for my '06 ktm sd990? akra slip ons, dna air filter, sas plugged and 02 sensors removed and installed resistors. thank you in advance.
:D :D :D

Did you ever get a map sorted?

Is your filter just a panel one or full box?
05/06 SD, too raw for the journos!

Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Postby Dirtydutch » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:41 am

Any one got a smoothend map for stock 08 sd ?

Link at the top is dead

SPEIRMOOR
Two wheeled terror

Postby SPEIRMOOR » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Answer me this.
Bike is awesome except for the jerkiness.Yesterday I downloaded the smoothened map and all is well. Bike is great now at low speed and still has the brute power on top.
Bike also has a PowerCommander which I never removed so will that ever be a problem down the road?

Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Postby Dirtydutch » Sun May 07, 2017 7:55 am

Last week fitted a set of superpole cans and loaded the 08 akra smoothend map , runs like a champ smooth as butter can play with the trottle in slow 1st gear corners.

Butt this mapping gave as soon as loaded an fi fault,
Something like a short circuit with the sai .

How is that possible?

Have tried check and uncheck but no difference. Loaded another map code gone . Load the map again there it is.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Sun May 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Dirtydutch wrote:Last week fitted a set of superpole cans and loaded the 08 akra smoothend map , runs like a champ smooth as butter can play with the trottle in slow 1st gear corners.

How is that possible?

Have tried check and uncheck but no difference. Loaded another map code gone . Load the map again there it is.

Check your fault codes with Tune ECU to see what is causing the FI light to come on.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Freude am Fahren
Minimoto racer

Postby Freude am Fahren » Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Sorry if this has been covered before, but does the TuneECU cable work as an OBD2 adaptor for the 1290?

Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Postby Dirtydutch » Mon May 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Aphex wrote:
Dirtydutch wrote:Last week fitted a set of superpole cans and loaded the 08 akra smoothend map , runs like a champ smooth as butter can play with the trottle in slow 1st gear corners.

How is that possible?

Check your fault codes with Tune ECU to see what is causing the FI light to come on.

Fault is p0444 purge valve system open circuit or short circuit to ground.

When i change the mapping its gone.

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Just checked and can't see an '08 akra smoothend map' on the thread but can't download any of them anyway...................

Was the SAI box checked or unchecked when you first downloaded it onto laptop, phone or other?
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

PreviousNext

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom