WP steering damper

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
dipper
Minimoto racer

WP steering damper

Postby dipper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:11 am

Can this be revalved to give a greater range of adjustment? Even on max damping it's still pretty light.

abc
Stunt rider

Re: WP steering damper

Postby abc » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:22 am

Just replace the current oil with heavier grade oil and it will do almost the same thing
Any modifications you undertake are your sole responsibility, I am not liable for any claims relating to modifications or suggestions posted on this forum. If you undertake any modifications you do so at your own risk.

dipper
Minimoto racer

Postby dipper » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:25 am

Good idea. I'll look into it

46doohanok
Minimoto racer

Postby 46doohanok » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I have tried a lot of places even sent mine to a few who said they could re-valve it but no one could do it I gave up in the end, I agree the stock WP steering damper is way to light and doesn't really do anything :(
Please post back if the thicker oil works
KTM 1290 Superduke R 2016
Akrapovic Can
D-Cat Pipe
Rottweiler Performance Air Filter
Power Commander V
Power Commander V Ignition Module
Custom Fuel Map
Custom Ignition Map
02 Sensors Gone
Crankcase Breather Gone
Mupo Steering Damper

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Is this for the 1290? If so I changed the oil for 20W. It helped but was still prone to headshakes. In the end I bought a HyperPro RSC damper. Quality bit of kit and the bike never shakes it's head now. A fraction of the price of the PP WP damper as you don't need to change the yokes.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

Growler48
Two wheeled terror

Postby Growler48 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Colonel_Klinck wrote:Is this for the 1290? If so I changed the oil for 20W. It helped but was still prone to headshakes. In the end I bought a HyperPro RSC damper. Quality bit of kit and the bike never shakes it's head now. A fraction of the price of the PP WP damper as you don't need to change the yokes.

Is the HyperPro a bolt in replacement or did you have to do some modifications to make it work?
2014 SuperDuke 1290 R BLACK! 8)

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Growler48 wrote:
Colonel_Klinck wrote:Is this for the 1290? If so I changed the oil for 20W. It helped but was still prone to headshakes. In the end I bought a HyperPro RSC damper. Quality bit of kit and the bike never shakes it's head now. A fraction of the price of the PP WP damper as you don't need to change the yokes.

Is the HyperPro a bolt in replacement or did you have to do some modifications to make it work?

Direct replacement. Order with a fitting kit but pretty much bolts straight on.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

dipper
Minimoto racer

Postby dipper » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:08 pm

sorry, should have said it's for the 990

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom