Oil shaft seal for clutch push rod

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
Droldaerd
Minimoto racer

Oil shaft seal for clutch push rod

Postby Droldaerd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:05 pm

I was going to replace this seal but after removing the slave clutch from the bike I realised I couldnt pull the push rod through. Is there something attached to it clutch side under that cover that I need to remove to access it? Also I've heard there's a tool for pulling and replacing these seals? After changing the one on the crankcase, I wouldn't mind making the next one much easier. Also on the subject of the clutch. After all my recent work, my motor still sounds a little loud to me, but I noticed that it quiets down when I pull the clutch in. Am I do for a change?

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Re: Oil shaft seal for clutch push rod

Postby No. 47 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Push rod is removed from clutch side after removing cover and pressure plate - don’t lose cross pin at clutch slave end of push rod.

Inspect clutch at same time and check clutch plate tangs and pack depth against tolerance dimensions stated in rebuild manual.

There are seal tools available (see initial pages of engine parts fiche but they’re not cheap and can be bought cheaper elsewhere - not really worth buying though, just use care removing old seal and suitable socket as drift when fitting new one (fresh out and of freezer).
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom