A clued up dealer - how refreshing!

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
Special K
Two wheeled terror

A clued up dealer - how refreshing!

Postby Special K » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Had a ride out to the dealer where i bought my SD today (Hyside of Romford) to book it in for it's first service. They said they'd need it the night before as the engine had to be cold for the valve check. A good start, I thought. Then I was asked, as they were having the bike in, would I like them to fit a 16t sprocket and do the 2/3rd gear mod free of charge. He explained they'd do a proper job - remove the wires from the plug and seal the ends with heat shrink. Couldn't say no to that, could I? Although I had to admit that I'd already done the sprocket myself. :oops: Nice to know that those things won't affect the warranty - with them at least.
Just need to find my dark visor now for the journey home on the Bandit loaner they offered me! Was secretly hoping for a 950 SM.....

BigTobyD
Trackday hero

Postby BigTobyD » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:09 pm

I bought my SD from them, they seem a good bunch, definitely keen on price!

Millar
Wheelie king

Postby Millar » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:07 pm

Also a Hyside customer, they did the sprocket and the sensor mod for me at 1st service. Also knocked a couple of hours of the charge as I'd bought the bike from them.
I'll use them again, certainly seem to be more customer friendly than certain other London dealers.

markymark
Minimoto racer

Postby markymark » Sat May 05, 2007 8:15 pm

Hi, Got my SD from Premier Bikes in Didcot Oxon, Very good on information and keen to help but recently spend £1200 on new Akro's, 16T and second service but only knock off around £90, thought i would get more off as I've spent around £9,000 with them over the past year :(
Anyway, the f*****g SD is the dogs whats its, loving it as much today as the day i lost my cherry to KTM :twisted:
Enjoy!!!!! :D

baggieman
Trackday hero

Location: Frimley Green, Surrey. Namby pamby, shandy drinking area but thankfully it's a long way from Leeds.

Postby baggieman » Sat May 05, 2007 8:54 pm

Mark, I don't know where you live but Tri County in Bracknell seem very good. :)

I bought my bike from Premier as they were then my nearest dealer, their sales pitch is very convincing but I have found that they are reluctant to go out of their way (getting hold of Akra's, starter torque limiter recall) once you are hooked with the product. I managed to get £30 off a tank bag but I shall now transfer my business to Tri County :)

markymark
Minimoto racer

Postby markymark » Thu May 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Thanks for tip, I think I will give Tri-country a call. :D

baggieman
Trackday hero

Location: Frimley Green, Surrey. Namby pamby, shandy drinking area but thankfully it's a long way from Leeds.

Postby baggieman » Thu May 17, 2007 11:21 pm

Mark

Richard is the guy on the phone and Clive does the work, both very approachable. :)

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues