Projex

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
skip
Two wheeled terror

Projex

Postby skip » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:50 pm

A big thanks to Kev at Projex for spending time working his magic with tune ecu and fitting a slipper clutch for me and for the time he spent on it not much money, well worth a visit :D

tripoddave
Wheelie king

Re: Projex

Postby tripoddave » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Sorry I missed you, Skip. I phoned up to say i was coming over about 10mins after you left apparently.
Yes Kev's a top bloke.
I understand you got about 114bhp @ the rear wheel which is slap bang in the middle of the bikes with motohooligan airboxes and end cans.
(Kev's dyno reads -6% so that would equate to about 121bhp on a dynojet dyno)
Pleased?
fbsr: Sticky Side Down
PIN IT. NAIL IT. BRAKE! BRAKE! SQUEEZE EVERYTHING YOU CAN!

skip
Two wheeled terror

Postby skip » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Very pleased, cant recomend him enough,nice friendly atmosphere, hes happy for you to watch what hes doing and the cost makes it worthwhile travelling 100 mls and the other plus is ...i dont have to let Viking loose with the tune ecu cable at Anglesey !!!

CEREC1
Trackday hero

Postby CEREC1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Looking forward to Kev sorting my SDR on the Saturday of the Anglesey bash. He worked wonders on my RC8R last year. Just remember to take him some Hobnobs if you pay him a visit. :idea:
2007 SDR Full Akra Evo
2017 SDR 1290. Black
1997 RGV 250(sweet)

Viking
Wheelie king

Postby Viking » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bastard. You've got 3bhp on me. At least that's me got my 1st excuse ready. :D I'm off to drill more holes in stuff and take bolts out.

I made 118 on dynojet with my beautiful pods that weren't supposed to work but kinda did. :mrgreen:

What did you get done? Flies n shafts out and Battle bike lid? Have you had a shot of it yet?
THUNDERSPORT GB STREETFIGHTER CLASS A. 3rd 2013

http://www.spartanracing.co.uk

blb
Wheelie king

Location: Usually sat at my desk waiting for customers. Yeovil, UK

Postby blb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:06 pm

CEREC1 wrote:Looking forward to Kev sorting my SDR on the Saturday of the Anglesey bash. He worked wonders on my RC8R last year. Just remember to take him some Hobnobs if you pay him a visit. :idea:

Likewise! Someones got to sort the old girl out. Looking forward to this almost as much as getting on track! Mike the Hobnobs are on you if I'm driving :D

How long did Kev take to map yours up Skip?
Racing is life, everything else before and after is just waiting.

www.bransonsmotorcycles.co.uk

tripoddave
Wheelie king

Postby tripoddave » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:48 pm

There's an important point here over and above fixing our bikes: feed Kev!
I took him a cheesburger, xl fries and a vanilla shake.
The man can't work unless you keep him fueled up!! :D

skip
Two wheeled terror

Postby skip » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 pm

ok, no food was involved, he already had a butty in his hand when i got there,the only thing i had to do was make a coffee
took about an hour ish.
flies and shafts still in, leo end cans, sas removed,o2 sensors disabled,and tripods old standard airbox cover with flat filter in the lid,
didnt fancy the thought of bits dropping down the throttle bodies,and now the slipper is in i wont crap meself slamming down from 6th to 2nd at the end of church lol

blb
Wheelie king

Location: Usually sat at my desk waiting for customers. Yeovil, UK

Postby blb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Cheers Skip,

When I had my Superduke mapped locally with a power commander the guy just mapped it for a good "optimum" air/fuel ratio. It was very smooth, he said that he couldn't do an advanced(map both cylinders seperately) pc3 map because he couldn't get in to the 02 sensor holes as they were too small.

Question is does Kev map for Power/Economy or Optimum A/F ratio? Also does he map individual cylinders?

I assume its best to turn up with a standard Map as my rc8 is standardish. DNA filter, prog throttle, 2 up on the rear sprocket and 02's off. Either that or with one of the maps I got off another rc8 owner that had his set up and let Kev perfect it.

What do you guys think?

Also Mike you will have to put those hobnobs under lock and key on the way up, I bloody luv em!
Racing is life, everything else before and after is just waiting.

www.bransonsmotorcycles.co.uk

Viking
Wheelie king

Postby Viking » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I stopped reading at flies and shafts still in.

Last edited by Viking on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viking
Wheelie king

Postby Viking » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 pm

And to add to this my girl just walked by and clocked me searching for disappointment images.

So now she thinks I'm an even bigger weirdo than before.

I just blamed Skip. It's all his fault.

skip
Two wheeled terror

Postby skip » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:24 am

I left the flies in as Kev said Tripod Dave tried it with them in and out and there wasnt much difference, once the bikes out of warranty i might give it a go

fuel
Stunt rider

Postby fuel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 am

brokenleggedbiker wrote:Cheers Skip,

When I had my Superduke mapped locally with a power commander the guy just mapped it for a good "optimum" air/fuel ratio. It was very smooth, he said that he couldn't do an advanced(map both cylinders seperately) pc3 map because he couldn't get in to the 02 sensor holes as they were too small.

Question is does Kev map for Power/Economy or Optimum A/F ratio? Also does he map individual cylinders?

I assume its best to turn up with a standard Map as my rc8 is standardish. DNA filter, prog throttle, 2 up on the rear sprocket and 02's off. Either that or with one of the maps I got off another rc8 owner that had his set up and let Kev perfect it.

What do you guys think?

Also Mike you will have to put those hobnobs under lock and key on the way up, I bloody luv em!

Kev's lamba sensors don't fit the SD's we tried last year, so no to indivdual cylinder's. Unless we can bug him to get some that do fit :mrgreen:

BASH69
Race ace

Postby BASH69 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 pm

tripoddave wrote:There's an important point here over and above fixing our bikes: feed Kev!
I took him a cheesburger, xl fries and a vanilla shake.
The man can't work unless you keep him fueled up!! :D

Has he given up smoking then? cuz as long as ive known him hes always fueled himself with Malboros and cup-o-tea (the standard Birmingham mechanics diet) :lol: :lol:

Top bloke as everybody has already said, il be off to his dyno just as soon as i can be bothered to rebuild my motor :roll:
The official owner of the big pink SDP (thats STUPID DUKE Poofs edition to you).

tripoddave
Wheelie king

Postby tripoddave » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:21 am

skip wrote:I left the flies in as Kev said Tripod Dave tried it with them in and out and there wasnt much difference, once the bikes out of warranty i might give it a go

This is true! I completely forgot we did this!
We tried it with and without flies and with and without the shafts.
The results were interesting. Removing the butterflies stops the ECU 2nd guessing you at lower revs and lower gears: basically it softens delivery.
There is no difference of note at max throttle and high revs in any of the gears and part throttle in the higher gears is the same.
The effect of removing the butterflies is the bike feels more powerful because it sharpens up throttle response and gives max power in any gear at any revs.
Basically we removed everything and tried it. I liked the more immediate throttle response especially coupled with a quarter turn throttle.

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues