recalls

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
ban1216
Two wheeled terror

recalls

Postby ban1216 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:15 pm

could any body tell me if there have been any recalls on 05 superdukes that i need to check up on
thanks from roy

Plipton
Master of the twisties

Postby Plipton » Sat May 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Mine's an 05 and I've not been informed of any recalls by my dealer.
Current fleet... 1972 Kawasaki H1D 500 triple, 1976 Suzuki RE5 rotary, 1976 Kawasaki KH500, 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 (don't ask!), 1954 Beetle, a big white van and a shopping/commuting 4 wheeled device.

rigga
Wheelie king

Postby rigga » Sat May 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Not sure ktm go the recall route..... in fact most manufactures now prefer to do it on the qt rather than a mass recall,triumph with the front brake problem springs to mind here...... but the 05's have no remedial work needed,later bikes have a couple of things going on,but the original are still the best :wink: :lol:

ban1216
Two wheeled terror

orange

Postby ban1216 » Sat May 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Good to hear that i have got the original and best orange model(not wanting to start a colour war)
unusual that the first model has not got the normal niggles associated with a new model probably a good testament to ktms design and testing regime
I bought a ktm duke a long time ago and when i sold it i promised to buy a 1000cc version if it was ever made and i have now got my dream bike
hoping to explore the better tank range (bigger tank options )after i return from the tt on it
cheers

990Glen
Two wheeled terror

Postby 990Glen » Sat May 19, 2007 10:16 pm

rigga wrote:Not sure ktm go the recall route..... :

Just had a recall on my 990 ADV for the rear ABS. So they do chase people up now and again. It may depend on the severity of the fault tho.
Firmly entrenched in the orange camp.

baggieman
Trackday hero

Location: Frimley Green, Surrey. Namby pamby, shandy drinking area but thankfully it's a long way from Leeds.

Re: orange

Postby baggieman » Sun May 20, 2007 7:38 am

ban1216 wrote:Good to hear that i have got the original and best orange model(
not wanting to start a colour war
)
unusual that the first model has not got the normal niggles associated with a new model probably a good testament to ktms design and testing regime
I bought a ktm duke a long time ago and when i sold it i promised to buy a 1000cc version if it was ever made and i have now got my dream bike
hoping to explore the better tank range (bigger tank options )after i return from the tt on it
cheers

START :roll: :roll: :roll:

lamb
Stunt rider

Postby lamb » Sun May 20, 2007 11:50 am

the revised starter thingy was about it, wasn't it? and that wasn't even a recall.
Still can't beat a good old 2 stroke ;)

rigga
Wheelie king

Postby rigga » Sun May 20, 2007 9:39 pm

lamb wrote:the revised starter thingy was about it, wasn't it? and that wasn't even a recall.

As i said,not a recall as it only affected some bikes not all...... depends on the problem as glen says,but as far as i know there are very few recalls on ktm's as a whole.

Bigthumpa
Two wheeled terror

Postby Bigthumpa » Mon May 21, 2007 7:00 am

lamb wrote:the revised starter thingy was about it, wasn't it? and that wasn't even a recall.

I mentioned that to my dealer when booking a service, and that I wasn't certain mine was affected. He said "Might as well have the modified parts under warranty anyway."

highlander
Two wheeled terror

Postby highlander » Mon May 21, 2007 5:08 pm

My mates' 06 SD had a coolant loss issue and the dealer wanted it back to investigate and it got a new cap on the radiator,allegedly an issue with some lc4 models.I put 200 miles on it and all seems OK although I didn't check the coolant level before the trip and at the end it was between high and low levels in expansion tank which ill be fine if it stays that way.We're all off to the Pyrennes in 6 weeks so better get a few more test miles in I guess!!

BigTobyD
Trackday hero

Postby BigTobyD » Mon May 21, 2007 7:48 pm

highlander wrote:My mates' 06 SD had a coolant loss issue and the dealer wanted it back to investigate and it got a new cap on the radiator,allegedly an issue with some lc4 models.I put 200 miles on it and all seems OK although I didn't check the coolant level before the trip and at the end it was between high and low levels in expansion tank which ill be fine if it stays that way.We're all off to the Pyrennes in 6 weeks so better get a few more test miles in I guess!!

As did mine, it's pretty common apparently. Replacement cap sorted mine out no problem.
One word.......ORANGE!

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues