30% Restocking Fee

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
frankpgh
Two wheeled terror

30% Restocking Fee

Postby frankpgh » Sun May 20, 2007 5:18 pm

I recently returned my KTM tank Baag to my local dealer. It was taller than I expected and I couldn't see the clock. Additionally the anchor system left a lot to be desired. IMHO.

My dealer said that KTM charges a 30% restocking fee! BEWARE

Stay safe,
Frank

scootertrash
Minimoto racer

Postby scootertrash » Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 am

I mounted my tank bag today, It is very tall, have to look up and over a bit to see mph. I do like the quality of the bag and dont mind the way it mounts, but they could of downsized a couple of inches. Well i guess there will be plenty of room for my trip to the mountains :roll:

990Glen
Two wheeled terror

Re: 30% Restocking Fee

Postby 990Glen » Mon May 21, 2007 6:39 am

frankpgh wrote:

Sound like yer dealer is just being a bit of an arse, unless its a US thing. With having had several KTMs over the last 5 years or so, Ive ordered lots of bits and pieces. Several have been no good due to one reason or another, and my dealer has just taken them back and that was the end of it.
Firmly entrenched in the orange camp.

TT RDHS
Wheelie king

Postby TT RDHS » Mon May 21, 2007 1:34 pm

It's definately not a U.S. thing. That's just a bad policy of a bad dealer.

frankpgh
Two wheeled terror

Postby frankpgh » Mon May 21, 2007 4:40 pm

Well at least my luck with nearby dealers has stayed consistent. Several years ago my dealer at that time reversed the tyre pressure on a new set of tyres on my old bike. 42 PSI front and 36 PSI rear made the bike almost impossible to ride. Now I'm looking for another dealer.

Thanks for the input,
Frank

topendz

Re: 30% Restocking Fee

Postby topendz » Tue May 29, 2007 3:44 pm

frankpgh wrote:I recently returned my KTM tank Baag to my local dealer. It was taller than I expected and I couldn't see the clock. Additionally the anchor system left a lot to be desired. IMHO.

Stay safe,
Frank

Did you return it or do you still have it?

cabexbx
Two wheeled terror

Postby cabexbx » Tue May 29, 2007 5:02 pm

KTM may indeed charge a restocking fee, but IMO the dealer should have kept the bag to resell to someone else. Failing that I probably would have tried to sell it here first and if not successful here then on ebay.

Disappointing news about the dealer though. I suppose they'll be fine for the bike purchase, but not so hot for service and accessories then.

R Doug
Minimoto racer

Postby R Doug » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:16 am

I'm getting ready to order the KTM tank bag for this bike. May I ask what dealer in Pittsburgh you used? I was thinking about calling Paul at Euro Moto of Pittsburgh tomorrow.

Thanks.
-- Doug

cabexbx
Two wheeled terror

Postby cabexbx » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:06 am

R Doug,

I've talked to frankpgh a few times and he bought his bike from Point View Cycles in Canfield, OH.
Last edited by cabexbx on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jehadjoe
Thunder pumpkin rider

Postby jehadjoe » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:09 am

Frank and all concerned parties,
Sorry to hear about that but let me say.....I traded a 06 SM into mid-america power sports in topeka ks,

I had all kinds of accessories that i had bought with it too, I called um they said they would trade bikes with me so I took the 10 month old SM to trade on the new 07 SD.

When I called I asked them if they would be interested in the gently used KTM hard parts?

They replied...to send them and we will see. I ended up getting a full refund,@ msrp and I got a 15% off of that stuff in the first place from the other dealer in okla.city.

So I was way ahead, then everthing Ive bought from them (except fot the
SD @ $13,999) I have now recieved a 20% discount On all ktm hard parts, These folks are a pleasure to do buisness with.

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues