Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
dusyk
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:18 am
Location: nova scotia, canada

Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Postby dusyk » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:10 pm

hey,

here in Canada we get boned, sometimes really hard.
I am trying to find the actual cost of the KTM parts. the price the dealer pays.

example in the USA you can get the full akro exhaust system for 2300.00.
in Canada when i go to the dealer they want 3000.00.

I know there is exchange rate difference. but even that doesn't coincide. dollar goes up and down but the price doesn't.

on top of that dealers are there to make money. If it passes through there hands they get there cut.

I want to know what they are paying.

Anyone have some insider info??

User avatar
ktmguy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6100
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:23 am
Location: Townsville Qld, Aussie.

Re: Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Postby ktmguy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:37 am

Lucky you!
Here in Oz it is $4500 only for the akra system, specially for you Sir!

Hint look up what a system cost for other brands. e.g. Yamaha MT-9 or so.
Despite the fact that the Yam system has one more downpipe it is half the price here in Oz and I'm sure Yam doesn't work for free neither!
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!


Image

User avatar
scamb66
moderator
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Postby scamb66 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:58 am

US$2300=
CND$2476
AUD$2445

If I was only paying that price I would probably look at one but at $4.5k I dont think the outlay would equate to a massive performance difference.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

robertkehl
Stunt rider
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Livermore, Ca.

Re: Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Postby robertkehl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:30 am

dusyk wrote:hey,

here in Canada we get boned, sometimes really hard.
I am trying to find the actual cost of the KTM parts. the price the dealer pays.

example in the USA you can get the full akro exhaust system for 2300.00.
in Canada when i go to the dealer they want 3000.00.

I know there is exchange rate difference. but even that doesn't coincide. dollar goes up and down but the price doesn't.

on top of that dealers are there to make money. If it passes through there hands they get there cut.

I want to know what they are paying.

You guy do get hit pretty hard. Akrapovic exhaust are more expensive than most exhaust systems. But they hold their value better than most to. And I think most of us forget you get a free map, racing filter, block off plates with the full system.

The dealer that I bought my bike from was not local to me. I got a call from them them on Friday telling me they got a few power parts in for the 1290 and wanted to know if I was interested in them. One of them was the Akrapovic slip-on. He said it list for $1099 and was selling it for $899. That's actually a deal. But I want the full system. But they wouldn't sell it to me because it's a race only system. And Ktm threaten them that they would loose there dealership if the did. Anyway that a hole other story. It's typical for are dealers to give 10 to 20% percent off bike accessories for a limited time when you buy the bike from them. I would guess there still making money. I think they get the power parts from any were from 25 to 40% off. Maybe a little bit more on some items.


Anyone have some insider info??
The 1290 is what the 990 was suppose to be.


I ride Ktm Motorcycles, yep :-)

User avatar
Colonel_Klinck
moderator
 
Posts: 10368
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:23 pm
Location: North London UK. The right side of the river!

Re: Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:51 am

robertkehl wrote:
dusyk wrote:hey,

here in Canada we get boned, sometimes really hard.
I am trying to find the actual cost of the KTM parts. the price the dealer pays.

example in the USA you can get the full akro exhaust system for 2300.00.
in Canada when i go to the dealer they want 3000.00.

I know there is exchange rate difference. but even that doesn't coincide. dollar goes up and down but the price doesn't.

on top of that dealers are there to make money. If it passes through there hands they get there cut.

I want to know what they are paying.

You guy do get hit pretty hard. Akrapovic exhaust are more expensive than most exhaust systems. But they hold their value better than most to. And I think most of us forget you get a free map, racing filter, block off plates with the full system.

The dealer that I bought my bike from was not local to me. I got a call from them them on Friday telling me they got a few power parts in for the 1290 and wanted to know if I was interested in them. One of them was the Akrapovic slip-on. He said it list for $1099 and was selling it for $899. That's actually a deal. But I want the full system. But they wouldn't sell it to me because it's a race only system. And Ktm threaten them that they would loose there dealership if the did. Anyway that a hole other story. It's typical for are dealers to give 10 to 20% percent off bike accessories for a limited time when you buy the bike from them. I would guess there still making money. I think they get the power parts from any were from 25 to 40% off. Maybe a little bit more on some items.


Anyone have some insider info??


How the hell would KTM know if you were just using it as a trackbike?
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

User avatar
Hotbrakes
Stunt rider
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:28 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Postby Hotbrakes » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:22 pm

A friend of mine is a Tucker Rocky dealer and he claimed the markup or MSRP is 100% from what he pays. So a $300 helmet only costs him $150. The typical friendly discount is 10-20%. And dealer sponsored riders typically pay cost plus 5-10% unless they've got a full sponsorship ride.
SDVTRTLRRC51SDRRVTSVSMT

robertkehl
Stunt rider
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Livermore, Ca.

Re: Dealer cost of KTM power parts

Postby robertkehl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Hotbrakes wrote:A friend of mine is a Tucker Rocky dealer and he claimed the markup or MSRP is 100% from what he pays. So a $300 helmet only costs him $150. The typical friendly discount is 10-20%. And dealer sponsored riders typically pay cost plus 5-10% unless they've got a full sponsorship ride.


That is true of some products but not all and not all the time. The big name items like Arai helmets and Akrapovic are not selling there systems to the dealers for 100% off retail for there market unless the product is no longer the latest and greatest. It's impossible to now for sure what the mark up is because there are so many variables. Like quantity bought. Cheap store brand copy's. Like here in califoria we have the Cycle gear chain of store that used to sell mostly name brand items. But know push there cheap copy brand Bilt line. It's always on sale for 50-90% off. And in my opinion sub par. It's cost to produce is most likely less than 10% of its suggested retail. That could be true for the big names as well.

You just have to shop around. And if you want it cheap. You have to wait till it's no longer popular. Our your lucky enough to know someone that can get it for wholesale.
The 1290 is what the 990 was suppose to be.


I ride Ktm Motorcycles, yep :-)


Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest