motocomposites.com - any good?

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
MrK
Two wheeled terror

motocomposites.com - any good?

Postby MrK » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi

I'm tempted to order some more carbons for my SDR, but I'm not happy enough to order them from same places I have bought previous ones.
I found parts that I'm interested of on www.motocomposites.com but not sure about quality. Anyone here used them and can give some feedback?

Regards

scamb66

Re: motocomposites.com - any good?

Postby scamb66 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 am

This came up in a thread recently, cant find it though.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

jasperjdog
Minimoto racer

Postby jasperjdog » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:39 am

I ordered some carbon headlight surrounds from them and the quality was quite good. The fitment was spot on and the customer service was good as well. I can post some pictures of them if you want to see them on my 07.

MrK
Two wheeled terror

Postby MrK » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:37 am

jasperjdog wrote:I ordered some carbon headlight surrounds from them and the quality was quite good. The fitment was spot on and the customer service was good as well. I can post some pictures of them if you want to see them on my 07.

Sure, post them please. They don't have headlight surrounds for SDR 2008, however they have bottom spoiler and rear tail center fairing. I'm little concerned about quality of rear fairing, especially near seat edges, as I have Corbin seat which is different to original and powerparts units and it doesn't cover the fairing edge around the seat, therefore if it won't be well finished it may look crap.

There is another website hfcarbon.de where I could buy this fairing (didn't find any other in Europe). I have few carbons from there and there always been some kind of defects and fitting problems (good I have dremel tool :) which I had to take care of. For this price you would like to have it "ready to go" straight away :)

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues