OGGY KNOBB Australia - Best warranty ever?

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
chip
Two wheeled terror

OGGY KNOBB Australia - Best warranty ever?

Postby chip » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:50 am

I got my Oggy Knobbs shortly after my 2008 SDR arrived and served me well when I caught my foot while rolling backwards down a slope out of my shed. Fast forward to late 2014 and I notice a crack appearing in a weld on the unscathed side. After telling myself that I should get that fixed for a few months, I returned from a ride out towards Dubbo without it.
Fast forward again to the weeks before the WSBK at the Island this year and I decide to drop the manufacturer and distributor a line to see if I can just buy the single side.
"No problem mate, that shouldn't happen. We'll put one in the mail for you. No Charge."

Back from the Supers and here it is. No questions or allegations about spills or rough use or incorrect fitting.
Gotta love Aussie manufacturers like this.

scamb66

Re: OGGY KNOBB Australia - Best warranty ever?

Postby scamb66 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:16 am

Never realised that Oggy were Australian.
Great result from a great company and definitely worth promoting.
Good to see that customer service is not dead and buried, should be more like it.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:34 am

That says a lot about oggy thanks for posting :D

lc4
Stunt rider

Postby lc4 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:55 am

Hey Chips I Also done the trip this year to the WSBK with a couple in the group coming a bit past your way at Coonamble.
What route did you take?

chip
Two wheeled terror

Postby chip » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:03 am

lc4 wrote:Hey Chips I Also done the trip this year to the WSBK with a couple in the group coming a bit past your way at Coonamble.
What route did you take?

Back roads through to Jugiong then south on the Hume to Gundagai. Then Snowy Mnts Hwy and Alpine Way to Khancoban.
Day 2 Mitta Mitta through Omeo to Bruthen then back roads through east Gippsland to Drouin.then south.to.tbe Island.
Return trip on Monday got us through back roads to Healesville after which we encountered the mother of all storms that kept us off the twisties.
Great weekend. Pity so many manufacturers did not have a presence in the expo.

lc4
Stunt rider

Postby lc4 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:18 am

chip wrote:
lc4 wrote:Hey Chips I Also done the trip this year to the WSBK with a couple in the group coming a bit past your way at Coonamble.
What route did you take?

Back roads through to Jugiong then south on the Hume to Gundagai. Then Snowy Mnts Hwy and Alpine Way to Khancoban.
Day 2 Mitta Mitta through Omeo to Bruthen then back roads through east Gippsland to Drouin.then south.to.tbe Island.
Return trip on Monday got us through back roads to Healesville after which we encountered the mother of all storms that kept us off the twisties.
Great weekend. Pity so many manufacturers did not have a presence in the expo.

We done the Omeo Hwy on the return trip, after fitting new rubber at Bairnsdale I can truly confirm they were scrubbed in by Mitta Mitta :shock:
Tried to get accommodation at Tangambalanga , booked out, then also got caught in drenching rain to Albury.
I liked the relaxed ride around the track atmosphere compared to the MotoGP and agree that the manufactures could have put in a better effort, the MV Dragster did get my interest.

Anyway how good are Oggy Knobb :wink:

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues