Holeshot KTM in Ohio?

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
desmoface
Minimoto racer

Holeshot KTM in Ohio?

Postby desmoface » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:11 am

Hello everyone, time for a new bike, love the superduke but there is only one dealer near the Cleveland, Ohio area called Holeshot ktm. I'm taking a shot in the dark but does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

Steve

SUPER DUKE #1
Two wheeled terror

Re: Holeshot KTM in Ohio?

Postby SUPER DUKE #1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:38 am

Probably your best bet in NE Ohio for a KTM street dealer. Denny and Candy have been a KTM dealer for decades and lots of other KTM dealers in NE-OH (and Ohio, PA, IN) have come and gone and they must be doing something right to keep their doors open and staying a KTM dealer. I know they go to bat for the customer with KTM and have a long, close relationship with the Ohio KTM (HQ) tech department. Also heard they have made same-day parts pick-up at KTM for customers. I'm sure they have had a problem or two but overall they must be doing something right to have been a KTM dealership for three or four decades. There are a handful of KTM dealers around you but it would be a little bit of a "haul" to get to in a jam, Five-Star near Erie, PA. Wheelsports in Reynoldsburg/Columbus, OH, Champion Cycle in Wauseon, OH. I'd just call Denny and shoot the sh!t with him and see what you think.............................but they may not be there, I think the KTM 2017 model dealer meeting happens around now??? BTW Holeshot KTM is still one of the few "mom and pop" motorcycle dealerships...if you're expecting something else then :wink:

SD#1
Last edited by SUPER DUKE #1 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desmoface
Minimoto racer

Re: Holeshot KTM in Ohio?

Postby desmoface » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 am

Hiya Superduke#1,

Thanks for the info - I have to stop out to their dealership and have a chat with them. I know the importance of a good, competent dealer as the only remaining Ducati dealer in the area messed up my Pristine Duc ST3 when I took it in for the major service. I'd be on a new Monster if it weren't for that :( My other options are the Aprila Tuono Factory (which I want bad, but again, dealer support) and the BMW S1Kr, which really doesn't get me all that excited. My biggest concern with Holeshot is that they've been around so long, I suspect they are nearing retirement.

Thanks again for the insight and advice.

Steve

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues