KTM dealers around Brisbane - recommendations/otherwise

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
stu
Minimoto racer

KTM dealers around Brisbane - recommendations/otherwise

Postby stu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:40 am

(I posted this query last week in the 'Addiction' forum, but no response. I may have not put it in the most obvious forum.)

I just sold a bike, and am in the market for a replacement, with a SD top of the list.
Just wondering if any Brisbane members have any particularly good or bad experiences with the local KTM dealers (Sunshine Coast -Brisbane-Gold Coast), especially in the parts & service departments. Any recommendations for good SD-experienced tuners (dyno etc)?

Thanks in advance.

750hp
Minimoto racer

Postby 750hp » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:34 am

I've had GREAT service from Pro Griffin at Maroochydore. They did my first service for a great price, and I would highly recommend them for the quality of their work.

Great, knowledgable and friendly staff, too!

stu
Minimoto racer

Postby stu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks for the feedback - its good to have some recommendation.

Actually, I test rode a secondhand orange SD at a dealer on the weekend that had been damaged on the LH side - could it have been yours, 750HP? (I saw you had some problem a little while back - did you find out what the cause was?).

aP
Minimoto racer

Postby aP » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi Stu, I have been with team moto, Springwood from purchase and they have been very good. My black SD has had a few things happen and all have been corrected without fuss. The new mech - Nathan, is very good. I am about to extend my warrenty with them as my two years is almost up. My only regret is that they are so far away from the Ashgrove / Gap area.
I hope this helps.... aP

750hp
Minimoto racer

Postby 750hp » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:17 pm

No - it wouldn't have been mine. I heard another insurance company wrote off an orange 05 about a month ago. It had left side damage - I think the gear lever area copped it, to the extent of bending the frame rail. Probably the sort of thing that you'd want to make sure the frame was repaired properly.

I never found out the reason for my tyre locking up. Never will now... I hope the bike is purchased from the auction by a bike wrecker, because I'd hate to see someone spend lots of $$$ on the visible damage only to find that the gearbox might be rooted!

How much are dealers trying to sell 05s for at the moment?

750hp
Minimoto racer

Postby 750hp » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:22 pm

aP - just sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it.

stu
Minimoto racer

Postby stu » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. No horror stories - that's good.

Dealers don't seem to be advertising discounted '05s much, but I think there would be a few around. I love the bike (it's what I want), but I haven't decided if I am going to spend that much on my next bike. I will be using it 50% trackdays, 50% street. If I bin it at the track, $$$.....

aP
Minimoto racer

Postby aP » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi Stu,
Shannons will cover the bike for track days as long as they are official. You do have to advise them when you are doing it but not an issue. I went to shannons, saved money and got several extra benifits. Look into it because it could be very worth it.

aP

stu
Minimoto racer

Postby stu » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:55 pm

aP I phoned Shannon's and asked them about track days.
The person said that they offer cover for rider training at racetracks, definitely do not offer cover for timed events (ie racing), but he was very hazy when I pressed him about non-timed organised events (ie track days).
I had the feeling you would be hard pressed to actually get them to cover you for damage done at a track day. I think you should double check with Shannons before venturing onto the track, just to know where you stand. If they say they will cover you at track days, I'd want it in writing.

Ride_KTM
Two wheeled terror

Postby Ride_KTM » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:20 am

stu, if you crash at a trckday, tell them you were doing a braking and handling course, that should cover you.
As for bike stores, it's worth a trip to Nerang to Action KTM, they don't try and screw you over like Team Homo at moss st. Be vary wary of there second hand bikes! DON"T finance through them if you do buy a bike from them, they will give you a cheap price on the bike, but fook u over on finance and then when it comes to spares and stuff, take your own lube, cause they will fook you and there lube is too dear.
Speaking from experience here and can put you in touch with others who have been screwed by all the team homo shops, not just KTM.
Trust me, go to a shop that is a dedicated KTM dealer, run by enthuasiast's, not a company with a franchise for a brand.
No, I don't work there, but know them very well, they help me with my racing and always are too happy with information. If you haven't bought a bike yet, PM me and I will introduce you to the sales manager, a good friend of mine who won't talk shit to you.
Your parents lied, your not special, your just stupid!!!

Return to Stores, Dealers, Warranty, Insurance and Safety Issues