Who's Our Oldest SD Rider

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
scamb66

Re: Who's Our Oldest SD Rider

Postby scamb66 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:37 am

AGRO! wrote:Im 61 and I reckon motorcycles keep you young as long as you don't crash and die first :D
My son and myself just purchased a couple of Kawasaki z125s :lol: we've got some big bore kits and stuff coming from the USA so it should be heaps of fun 8) Living the dream..

AGRO who killed your avatar?
The Kwakas will be a hoot. Just got a 1974 Kwaka 90 for a rebuild, big job but should be fun.
Haven't forgotten about our coffee.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Well I'm now 54 but. Liker Many of the forum, feel older due to past bike injuries, so pretty fooked in the knees, ankles etc. ;)

But I still just fitted a low, race seat, rear-sets and clip-on handle bars to my 1975 Kawasaki H2c so still up for contortionist riding positions in the name of style and hooniganism!! Keep my 990 in a sort of hybrid state between lunacy and sensible 200 mile riding limit practicality.

Still be riding till I die!
Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:41 am

scamb66 wrote:
AGRO! wrote:Im 61 and I reckon motorcycles keep you young as long as you don't crash and die first :D
My son and myself just purchased a couple of Kawasaki z125s :lol: we've got some big bore kits and stuff coming from the USA so it should be heaps of fun 8) Living the dream..

AGRO who killed your avatar?
The Kwakas will be a hoot. Just got a 1974 Kwaka 90 for a rebuild, big job but should be fun.
Haven't forgotten about our coffee.

Hey mate I wanted to change my avatar but had to change the size for it to fit and At the time I just thought stuff it I'll fix it up at some time but I've been slack.
Just let me know when you want to meet up. Have you got my number?
If not send me a pm :D

WHO?
Minimoto racer

Postby WHO? » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 am

feel rather young a 59 - thanks for that fellers!! doesn't seem to matter what you're riding, if it's giving you the smiles it's worth it, I got given a 3 to 12wk use by date 18mnths ago & riding the sdr is medicine - but you all know that ..
any day above ground's a good day so keep smiling!!

WarBaby
Minimoto racer

Postby WarBaby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 pm

SUPER DUKE #1 wrote:Warbaby, awesome bio and great riding style there too! I rode a PUCH too but it was the off-road model. First bike was a Honda S90 that I actually drag raced after being talked into going with a friend to watch him drag race his 650 Bonneville. Went to registration with him and the woman signed me up too :shock: Won my class easily (still have that trophy) and made it all the way to the final Top Eliminator where I ran a alcohol Harley full on drag bike and blew, and I mean BLEW BY ME about 20 feet from the line. :lol: :lol: :lol: A guy came over to our pit spot and asked who is racing the S90, then went on to say I was only a few tenths off of the national record (at that time). He knew that because he owned it at that time on a Bridgestone 100. Wow low 19 second quarter mile times seemed so quick when you're a kid :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:. After that I put Honda 160 Scrambler handlebars on it, took the front fender off and put a Webco up pipe with a Snuff-or-Not in the end and found power lines and hills to climb and empty lots and fields to make a motocross track. Great fun.

Where did you live before you moved to the Dragon area?

74 and still sport riding, you're my new hero!!!

SD#1

A friend sent a CD of Super-8 FILM that he converted to digital of us on our Honda's (me on my S90) riding off road, climbing hills and jumping, etc., good laughs, even did a one handed jump caught on film :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks folks. Yep, I've got some fun drag racing stories too. :) Many of them arise from those competetive days of 'Sportster vs Bonneville'. When I ran my first 11-second 1/4-mile on a mid-seventies Kaw Z1B, I thought I had arrived as a REAL drag biker. :lol: I eventually managed to run some 'high nines' at about 140 around 2003 on my normally-aspirated Hayabusa. I'll continue to ride until I can't get a leg over the bike. :D
2017 Superduke: BST carbon wheels, Supercorsa tyres, Arrow Ti can/DeCat, 16-T, Rottweiler 80/80 intake w/PCV/SAS/Canister-delete/Servo Stopper/Fuel dongles, Lithium battery, R&G Frame/axle sliders, Evotech Tail Tidy. 34 lbs. removed.

Black Out
Minimoto racer

Postby Black Out » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:56 pm

You're the man Warbaby. I ride some of the same roads as you but not nearly as often. My group does a Fall and Spring ride whereby we rent a massive house and have a 3 day assault on the roads of TN, NC, VA & KY.
Hell, at 53 I was thinking I'm nuts for getting faster and faster bikes. Started late in life (39 :D ) with a Monster 800, graduated to a Speed Triple and now with the SD 990. I was thinking at some point I'll slow the eff down and get a Guzzi or something but now I'm re-thinking that.
Great Thread.
Ducati Monster 800
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
KTM SuperDuke 990

WarBaby
Minimoto racer

Postby WarBaby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Black Out wrote:You're the man Warbaby. I ride some of the same roads as you but not nearly as often. My group does a Fall and Spring ride whereby we rent a massive house and have a 3 day assault on the roads of TN, NC, VA & KY.
Hell, at 53 I was thinking I'm nuts for getting faster and faster bikes. Started late in life (39 :D ) with a Monster 800, graduated to a Speed Triple and now with the SD 990. I was thinking at some point I'll slow the eff down and get a Guzzi or something but now I'm re-thinking that.
Great Thread.

Hehehe...Thanks! By all means, ride what you like regardless of anyone who fails to appreciate what you're doing. I have so much fun (particularly with young, hot-shot sport bikers on litre bikes) by falling in behind them on hard-leaning twisties and hanging with them as they drag their knees 'stylistically' through the turns. When we all stop, they usually look shocked as my helmet comes off and they see a gray haired, old man was running on their tails the whole time. It's hilarious and they often give a lot of respect which is rewarding for this old fart. Yep, TN, KY, NC & VA have some incredible bike roads.

Best regards to all 'older' guys and gals who are still having tons of fun riding! Get it while you can. It won't last forever. :wink:
2017 Superduke: BST carbon wheels, Supercorsa tyres, Arrow Ti can/DeCat, 16-T, Rottweiler 80/80 intake w/PCV/SAS/Canister-delete/Servo Stopper/Fuel dongles, Lithium battery, R&G Frame/axle sliders, Evotech Tail Tidy. 34 lbs. removed.

xrpilot
Two wheeled terror

Postby xrpilot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 pm

"Best regards to all 'older' guys and gals who are still having tons of fun riding! Get it while you can. It won't last forever. :wink:"

True words right there.

This is an interesting thread, seems most of us are the mature types. I am 25 with my helmet on and 55 with it off :lol:
I still off road ride too although the crashes with that are much more painful the next day now.

BuddhaBiker
Minimoto racer

Postby BuddhaBiker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Interesting that we’re older than I would have expected. I would have thought it would appeal more to the 20’s-30’s demographic who wanted to wheelie everywhere. However, If I had such a powerful bike when I was younger I probably wouldn’t have reached my age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lc4
Stunt rider

Postby lc4 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 am

51 hear, not sure who the old cunt is that I see in the mirror everyday though :shock:

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 am

lc4 wrote:51 hear, not sure who the old cunt is that I see in the mirror everyday though :shock:

Lol I've got the same problems :lol:

jmann

Postby jmann » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 am

Comrades: I'm one digit short of the year of the beast 8) Ironic, is it not?

Black Out
Minimoto racer

Postby Black Out » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:30 pm

665? Damn!
Ducati Monster 800
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
KTM SuperDuke 990

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Black Out wrote:665? Damn!

:lol:

gray rider
Minimoto racer

Postby gray rider » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:41 am

I am 66 but I may have the distinction of being in the worst shape of the elders on this forum. I'm recovering from a stroke and am back to riding but at a much more sedate pace. The 1290 still makes me feel like I'm 19 but my balance and reflexes are not what they once were. I started riding in 1965 and am not quitting until I absolutely can't ride any of my ten bikes.

jmann

Postby jmann » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 am

gray rider wrote:I am 66 but I may have the distinction of being in the worst shape of the elders on this forum. I'm recovering from a stroke and am back to riding but at a much more sedate pace. The 1290 still makes me feel like I'm 19 but my balance and reflexes are not what they once were. I started riding in 1965 and am not quitting until I absolutely can't ride any of my ten bikes.

Comrade gray: Glad to hear you are still in the saddle. I've got a friend who had a stroke a few years ago provoking an existential crisis. His solution was to go racing :D Given his condition I got drawn into being his support crew - this largely involved helping him get into his leathers and putting his boots on for him. Once on the bike he seems to be able to achieve reasonable lap times but nothing like we used to do as young fella's. He's not Ok with that but I certainly am as I can just tell that my reactions (without a stroke) are nothing like they used to be. Personally, I'm happy to be out with the young guns allowing them to feel good by taking an old fart that has 50 years on them (juniors). In fact it's pretty nice to see the skill levels of the young ones. I wish I'd had the current tyres and technology when I was that age 8)

DaveNZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby DaveNZ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 am

Im im im.....im..........................what was the question?
2005 640, full system, 18 litre tank, flatside carb. 2010 Black multistrada 1200 Ohlins-with SCU. 2016 1290 GT, Remus muffler and link pipe, Rottweiler plates, and dongles.

SUPER DUKE #1
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPER DUKE #1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:43 am

DaveNZ wrote:Im im im.....im..........................what was the question?

Mr. DaveNZ you've forgotten to take your medications again haven't you? Take your meds and then find your driver's license and you'll find the answer to the question there. Write it down or on the back of your hand and report back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SD#1 :wink:

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:31 pm

SUPER DUKE #1 wrote:

Mr. DaveNZ you've forgotten to take your medications again haven't you? Take your meds and then find your driver's license and you'll find the answer to the question there. Write it down or on the back of your hand and report back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be easier just to phone the old people's home where Dave resides :D

DaveNZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby DaveNZ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 am

AGRO! wrote:
SUPER DUKE #1 wrote:

Hey I've got a good idea, Who's the oldest rider here? ill start I'm, filthy eight.
2005 640, full system, 18 litre tank, flatside carb. 2010 Black multistrada 1200 Ohlins-with SCU. 2016 1290 GT, Remus muffler and link pipe, Rottweiler plates, and dongles.

SUPER DUKE #1
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPER DUKE #1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:03 am

Hey I've got a good idea, Who's the oldest rider here? ill start I'm, filthy eight.

Ah I think filthy eight doesn't even get you a top five placement in this race.....shoot I'm sexy-seven going on sleazy-ate and was bumped off of the podium days ago. At this point DaveNZ we may both be out of the top 10. Regardless we should both remember to take our meds :mrgreen:

SD#1

DaveNZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby DaveNZ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm

SUPER DUKE #1 wrote:

Ah I think filthy eight doesn't even get you a top five placement in this race.....shoot I'm sexy-seven going on sleazy-ate and was bumped off of the podium days ago. At this point DaveNZ we may both be out of the top 10. Regardless we should both remember to take our meds :mrgreen:

SD#1

Im happy to be out of the ten, what I'm not happy about is, i gotta wait another 7 years to get the pension, I'm ready for it now, I'm over work, i wanna ride more. Ok I'm semi retired, but i want the option of riding 7 days a week. :D

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 am

DaveNZ wrote:
SUPER DUKE #1 wrote:

SD#1

Im happy to be out of the ten, what I'm not happy about is, i gotta wait another 7 years to get the pension, I'm ready for it now, I'm over work, i wanna ride more. Ok I'm semi retired, but i want the option of riding 7 days a week. :D

Mate I've been cutting down on work of late only doing 3 days a week :D but yeah work sucks.
I'm supposed to retire at 66 and a half but I'm chucking in the towel at 65.
Anyhow young fella continue :lol:

DaveNZ
Two wheeled terror

Postby DaveNZ » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:31 am

AGRO! wrote:
SUPER DUKE #1 wrote:

AGRO, i see your from NSW, are you anywhere Nimbin, i just got back from 2 weeks in a camper van, cruising and staying in places, we started and stayed a few days in Byron Bay, then went inland heading up around the Glass Mountains etc, great time, bouncy roads, and some very nice roads. There was a shit load of bikes around the Nimbin area. Tried some of the local medicine too. :lol:

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 am

:lol: Yes mate not far from the drug capital of NSW!
There are some great roads around here right up into QLD but a lot of roads were stuffed up from cyclone Deb and they still haven't been repaired properly.
Yes always heaps of bikes around and crashes..

PreviousNext

Return to General banter