Videos.

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
Mr_Trecolareco
Wheelie king

Re: Videos.

Postby Mr_Trecolareco » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Hell I'm no angel, but someone just turned off the PS4 while playing GTA and gone for a ride on the 1290 :lol:

And I believe certain car drivers, going over their gps setting with dolby surround system while talking via bluetooth to his wife doing 45mph as the law says it's supposed to be driven that road don't see a fast and filtering bike that gets to him in 3 secs and it's gone..

Can't agree with certain bikers that think because a bike is more agile can go 3 times as fast as the cars are going without surprising them.

I still do it if necessary :twisted: , but I do it as an exception and not the norm, nor will you hear me excusing my lousy speedy behaviour with the car that just cut me off while he was in speed limit and I was 3x the same speed lol.

That being said I still am more afraid of other drivers than myself and try to organize my rides away from crowds and cages 8)
Um abraco e mto boas curvas!! :)

stel_0
Two wheeled terror

Postby stel_0 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi all

I don't say that I drive by the book or that I am driving the safest way possible, even though this ride was an "easy" ride for me. Maybe has to do with mediterranean traffic and driving but the car drivers in my country are used for bikes passing them by. Of course many of them speak to their i-Phone and then bang bam splash :evil: but I don't think I was doing sharp passes near the cars.

Anyway i.m.o. these two videos are about really skilful (the 1st actually) but dangerous drivers as well.

PS: I also post the video to a greek forum where some users replied that I drive like a lady and its a shame for a bike like this to be treat/driven this way.

the passion for destruction is a creative passion.

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:42 pm

Hey stel I'm not bagging you out about how you ride.
Dont get me wrong as I'm as guilty as most moto riders of going fast.
I think the main problem is that bikes can get up to high speed in little distance so to go up to 160kph 100mph is no big deal but the proplem is and I think a lot more about it theses days as I'm getting older is the unforeseen situations.
A rider can ride fast like in the videos you posted but only for so long before it all goes wrong just a bit of gravel on a corner that wasn't there last time you did those bends can make all the difference.
Also if you've never had the good fortune of laying in a hostpital bed waiting on your body to recover from injury's well its all more the fun taking risks but if you have been in hospital for a time it makes you think differently.
You might think well I've been riding like this for 5 or more years with no problems.
I can tell you its all just a matter of time before it all goes ass up. Nearly every rider I know has had at least one crash and walked away but for some it was the one that took their life.
Stay safe :D

stel_0
Two wheeled terror

Postby stel_0 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks for your post AGRO!

I don't think that I push the limits to my video but maybe I am wrong. Nevertheless I rarely drive at high speeds and because I 've experienced some falls/crashes I 've been more and more afraid over the years. In total I drive around 8 years so far and don't have experience with many bikes. My first ever was an 640 SM then the 990 SD and now the beast. I 've learned to respect the bikes power and aggression (if its a KTM :P ) and also to be aware that every corner, exit or traffic light might turn to a trap. I can recall a proverb saying that there are two types of riders: those who have already fall (once or more) and those who will...

Cheers and thanks :)
the passion for destruction is a creative passion.

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:17 am

Hey mate I was referring to the video with the two guys on sports bikes :D
Those two have a death wish :lol:
I used to love getting the knee down but now I'm old and slow :oops:
Here is one for ya! There's old Riders and there's bold Riders but there's no old bold Riders! :lol:

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Fri May 01, 2015 3:47 am

Where can I find roads like this is the US???

08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Fri May 01, 2015 9:59 am

Aphex wrote:Where can I find roads like this is the US???

Can't!
Difference is where you are it's possible to ride the roads for 300 days plus, the road in the vid is nicer but you're lucky if it's dry and free of snow for 3 days a year! :lol:
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Fri May 01, 2015 11:09 am

I've given up road riding as it was only a matter of time before I was banned or in A&E. It's not my ability or lack of it that scared me it was the other idiots on the road and as AGRO says it's the hazard on a corner that wasn't there the last time I rode it. I had a lot of narrow escapes and eventually your luck does run out. I'm lucky though as I can do as many trackdays a year as I like, so I get my speed fix there where it's at least a bit safer to push your limits. Just be careful, we lost the forums founder to a taxi doing a U-turn on him and he was only riding a scooter :(
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

Danny_Gartside
Minimoto racer

Postby Danny_Gartside » Fri May 01, 2015 12:34 pm

ktmguy wrote:
Aphex wrote:Where can I find roads like this is the US???

Can't!
Difference is where you are it's possible to ride the roads for 300 days plus, the road in the vid is nicer but you're lucky if it's dry and free of snow for 3 days a year! :lol:

This sadly is very true. We have some great roads round me in Yorkshire, England, but as KTMGuy says, we only get a handful of days when its great to hit the open road, and then finding a road without a tractor on it or that every other corner has a lovely wide line of spilt diesel on it is the next challenge...
Regards,

Danny

The Gin Reaper

Location: inspecting the tarmac at most racetrack hairpins.....Naarfolk ingerland

Postby The Gin Reaper » Fri May 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Chasing Colonel Klinck on his SDR - Brands Hatch Indy Circuit..... yes the oversized roundabout with a personality disorder. He was allowing me to keep up until stalker buzzed him - then the red mist descended and i couldn't stick with that! Ran very wide at clearways/clarke curve and was about a foot from visiting the kitty litter, all those rights gave me terrible cramp in my left leg! But after initially being a bit "meh" about the circuit, it really grew on me....... really enjoyed my first visit. :D

Favourite quote - "after watching him take everything so in his bloody stride, it made Jim Lovell look like a panicky little bitch!"

never argue with an idiot..... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Fri May 01, 2015 5:50 pm

:lol: :lol: That gear indicator is all over the place lol. Close the throttle and it seems to think you've changed gear!
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

The Gin Reaper

Location: inspecting the tarmac at most racetrack hairpins.....Naarfolk ingerland

Postby The Gin Reaper » Fri May 01, 2015 7:49 pm

yeah the gear sensor in the gear box is FUBAR'd i think......will have to swop it out when i have a Mo..
Favourite quote - "after watching him take everything so in his bloody stride, it made Jim Lovell look like a panicky little bitch!"

never argue with an idiot..... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience....

ktmguy
Site Admin

Postby ktmguy » Fri May 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Danny_Gartside wrote:
This sadly is very true. We have some great roads round me in Yorkshire, England, but as KTMGuy says, we only get a handful of days when its great to hit the open road, and then finding a road without a tractor on it or that every other corner has a lovely wide line of spilt diesel on it is the next challenge...

And here it's the fooking wildlife! Emu steak anyone!!! :evil: :evil:
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

DMacL
Stunt rider

Postby DMacL » Sat May 02, 2015 7:57 am

Colonel_Klinck wrote::lol: :lol: That gear indicator is all over the place lol. Close the throttle and it seems to think you've changed gear!

Sure it's not the slipper clutch confusing it? I thought GiPro gear indicators based their gear indication on speed & revs?

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Sat May 02, 2015 8:20 am

I think the ones for some bikes including the 10r and Blade plug straight into the loom rather than the wheel and engine speed sensor like the SD does.
The late Bill Hicks

The Gin Reaper

Postby The Gin Reaper » Sat May 02, 2015 8:40 am

Colonel_Klinck wrote:I think the ones for some bikes including the 10r and Blade plug straight into the loom rather than the wheel and engine speed sensor like the SD does.

.... Yup, what he said :wink:

lc4
Stunt rider

Postby lc4 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:29 am

Not bike related but something for those that like rotary's

DMacL
Stunt rider

Postby DMacL » Sat May 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Colonel_Klinck wrote:I think the ones for some bikes including the 10r and Blade plug straight into the loom rather than the wheel and engine speed sensor like the SD does.

Yup - the one for my CB1000R plugged straight in too.

Suppose it depends whether the bike comes with a gear position sensor or not as to how the gipro figures gears out.

The Gin Reaper

Postby The Gin Reaper » Sat May 02, 2015 1:57 pm

DMacL wrote:

Yup - the one for my CB1000R plugged straight in too.

Suppose it depends whether the bike comes with a gear position sensor or not as to how the gipro figures gears out.

Yup in this particular case the display is wired to a notoriously unreliable sensor that was subsequently upgraded in later machines.... The sensor works on a resistance change for each gear but on the gen 1 bikes the earthing of the sensor was very poor which caused changes and variations in the resistance confusing the display ......

DMacL
Stunt rider

Postby DMacL » Sat May 02, 2015 2:00 pm

The Gin Reaper wrote:Yup in this particular case the display is wired to a notoriously unreliable sensor that was subsequently upgraded in later machines.... The sensor works on a resistance change for each gear but on the gen 1 bikes the earthing of the sensor was very poor which caused changes and variations in the resistance confusing the display ......

That's handy! Hope the later version sensors fit...

bauer
Minimoto racer

Postby bauer » Mon May 04, 2015 11:39 pm

We're not lucky just for having hundreds of roads like this down here, but for having them dry almost 300 days a year!!

Getting to know the beast here

Some smr fun, no brakes

Adrock990r
Two wheeled terror

Postby Adrock990r » Wed May 06, 2015 7:30 am

Watch for 990 SDR at 2 : 29sec.

robjederuiter
Two wheeled terror

Postby robjederuiter » Thu May 07, 2015 6:19 am

Nice save at 2:50