>>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
User avatar
cdlabate
Trackday hero
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:12 am
Location: Santa Cruz Cali.

>>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby cdlabate » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:03 am

Alright! Now for a chance to show the other bike(s) you currently have.

I'll start. 8)

Image

Image

:arrow:
Cheers!
Last edited by cdlabate on Sat May 09, 2015 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
:wink:

User avatar
81forest
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, USA

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby 81forest » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:30 am

Awesome GS, I rode one of those briefly and actually enjoyed it more than the KTM ADV. Sweet!

Here is a pic of my oldest buddy. I've had this bike for over ten years, and will pass it to one of my kids some day.

Image

User avatar
cdlabate
Trackday hero
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:12 am
Location: Santa Cruz Cali.

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby cdlabate » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:39 am

81forest wrote:Awesome GS, I rode one of those briefly and actually enjoyed it more than the KTM ADV. Sweet!

Here is a pic of my oldest buddy. I've had this bike for over ten years, and will pass it to one of my kids some day.


Sweet!

I plan to give all my motos to my children also. So far my boy is into it. He's three years old and is already riding a little Honda 50cc. I'm a proud Pop!
:wink:

User avatar
81forest
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, USA

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby 81forest » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:20 am

cdlabate wrote:
81forest wrote:Awesome GS, I rode one of those briefly and actually enjoyed it more than the KTM ADV. Sweet!

Here is a pic of my oldest buddy. I've had this bike for over ten years, and will pass it to one of my kids some day.


Sweet!

I plan to give all my motos to my children also. So far my boy is into it. He's three years old and is already riding a little Honda 50cc. I'm a proud Pop!


Wow, I would be proud too, congrats. My two year old boy is not really interested in bikes (yet), he's obsessed with heavy equipment. My 14 month old daughter on the other hand is going to be a rider. She can't quite walk yet, but is already riding the KTM strider bike.

Here's another one in my garage. We don't have a close relationship, but we've had some good times. The SuperChicken! Actually kind of fun for a Hondull:

Image

Image

User avatar
No. 47
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: London and Kent

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby No. 47 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:44 am

Image
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

User avatar
scamb66
moderator
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby scamb66 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Honda CT110 ADV. Ex postal delivery bike. Heaps here in Oz and heaps of guys doing silly things on them.

Image

Mille Vanille

Image
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

User avatar
81forest
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, USA

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby 81forest » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:00 pm

^^^ :shock: :shock: :shock:
You are a lucky man.

User avatar
scamb66
moderator
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby scamb66 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:35 pm

81forest wrote:^^^ :shock: :shock: :shock:
You are a lucky man.

Sure am, that postie bike is becoming collectable now that Australia post have moved to a new model. :lol: :lol:

I have only hade the MHR for a about 6 months. It has been on a bike lift for the last 3 months. Only wanted to put on new grips and got carried away.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

User avatar
81forest
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, USA

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby 81forest » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:47 pm

scamb66 wrote:
81forest wrote:^^^ :shock: :shock: :shock:
You are a lucky man.

Sure am, that postie bike is becoming collectable now that Australia post have moved to a new model. :lol: :lol:

I have only hade the MHR for a about 6 months. It has been on a bike lift for the last 3 months. Only wanted to put on new grips and got carried away.

I would love to see a few more pics (of the duc!)

User avatar
scamb66
moderator
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby scamb66 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:33 am

81forest wrote:
scamb66 wrote:
81forest wrote:^^^ :shock: :shock: :shock:
You are a lucky man.

Sure am, that postie bike is becoming collectable now that Australia post have moved to a new model. :lol: :lol:

I have only hade the MHR for a about 6 months. It has been on a bike lift for the last 3 months. Only wanted to put on new grips and got carried away.

I would love to see a few more pics (of the duc!)


This is the only other 1 I have at the moment, currently in 1000 (mille?) pieces.
2-1 is gone and replaced with Staintune Conti look alikes, 1000 decal removed, new side cover fitted, new fork and triple clamp assy, stainless bolts, new grips and mirrors. Waiting to overhaul the rear brake master cylinder and fit rear tyre and should be good to go.
Bloody horrible to ride, so generally just goes about 20km to a pub and back.
No one loves Hondas :(

Image
Last edited by scamb66 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

User avatar
2014_SDR
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:49 am
Location: Hampshire UK

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby 2014_SDR » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:03 am

My other "Moto" is a Suzuki B-King seen here with two of the many obstacles I have to watch out for on my ride to work.

Image

User avatar
ktmguy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6100
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:23 am
Location: Townsville Qld, Aussie.

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby ktmguy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:37 am

2014_SDR wrote:My other "Moto" is a Suzuki B-King seen here with two of the many obstacles I have to watch out for on my ride to work.

Image


Mmmmm bacon.... :P
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!


Image

User avatar
SDNerd
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Kalifornistan

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby SDNerd » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:32 pm

ktmguy wrote:Mmmmm bacon.... :P


+1 Soooooo delicious ... :D

User avatar
MrZ32
Trackday hero
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:19 am
Location: QLD, Oz

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby MrZ32 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:11 pm

its a two edged sword... bacon keeps on trying to take my license away... stupid pigs... :lol: :lol: :lol:
08 SD, WP Dampener, 'Suspension Improvements" tuned sus (springs, valves, shim stacks ), KTM cowl, R&G carbon covers, Termi Pipes (from a duc 998), Grim990 Airbox, breather mod, SAS plates, tuneECU PDI tune, HM QS, JTM VS & DVS

User avatar
SDNerd
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Kalifornistan

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby SDNerd » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:14 pm

MrZ32 wrote:its a two edged sword... bacon keeps on trying to take my license away... stupid pigs... :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: Seems to me that some pigs are ready for the butcher ... Just sayin', or is that considered an "Act of Terrorism" in Oz these days? :wink:

User avatar
BassAgent
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 am
Location: SoCal

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby BassAgent » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:19 pm

SDNerd wrote:
MrZ32 wrote:its a two edged sword... bacon keeps on trying to take my license away... stupid pigs... :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: Seems to me that some pigs are ready for the butcher ... Just sayin', or is that considered an "Act of Terrorism" in Oz these days? :wink:
Watch out man, you might be getting monitored now after that :lol:
Current bikes:
1990 GSXR 750 (custom streetfighter project WIP)
2006 Speed Triple 1050
2007 KTM 525 EXC (Sumo'd out)
2008 SuperDuke 990 R
2015 FZ-09
Image

User avatar
big_sur
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 3:29 am
Location: Mile High City

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby big_sur » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:45 am

The three fitty
Image

and we can't forget the motoped :lol:
Image

User avatar
BassAgent
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 am
Location: SoCal

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby BassAgent » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:10 am

I'm pretty sure you guys have seen mine.

Image

Image

Image
Current bikes:
1990 GSXR 750 (custom streetfighter project WIP)
2006 Speed Triple 1050
2007 KTM 525 EXC (Sumo'd out)
2008 SuperDuke 990 R
2015 FZ-09
Image

User avatar
ebags
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 am
Location: Melbourne, Aust.

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby ebags » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:17 am

Image
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."
Colin Chapman

User avatar
BassAgent
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 am
Location: SoCal

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby BassAgent » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 am

What is that ebags? I like it
Current bikes:
1990 GSXR 750 (custom streetfighter project WIP)
2006 Speed Triple 1050
2007 KTM 525 EXC (Sumo'd out)
2008 SuperDuke 990 R
2015 FZ-09
Image

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1976
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby Aphex » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 am

2014_SDR wrote:
Image


Amazing how much better the B King looks without the stock starfish exhaust.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
scamb66
moderator
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby scamb66 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:14 am

Aphex wrote:
Amazing how much better the B King looks without the stock starfish exhaust.

+1
Mate of mine had one, scared the shit out of me.
The best things in life are free........
The second best things are really expensive.

User avatar
cdlabate
Trackday hero
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:12 am
Location: Santa Cruz Cali.

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby cdlabate » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:14 am

BassAgent wrote:What is that ebags? I like it


Aprillia Dorsoduo

I thought about buying one of these, but ended up with the Superduke. It made more sense to me to have a Superduke and a supermoto vs. having one single big motard type bike. There quality bikes don't get me wrong.

Here's my KTM 540exc I ended up selling it though...oh how I miss her!

Image Image
:wink:

User avatar
BassAgent
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 am
Location: SoCal

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby BassAgent » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:28 am

cdlabate wrote:
BassAgent wrote:What is that ebags? I like it


Aprillia Dorsoduo

I thought about buying one of these, but ended up with the Superduke. It made more sense to me to have a Superduke and a supermoto vs. having one single big motard type bike. There quality bikes don't get me wrong.

Here's my KTM 540exc I ended up selling it though...oh how I miss her!

Image Image
Is that pretty similar to the bike I just picked up?
Current bikes:
1990 GSXR 750 (custom streetfighter project WIP)
2006 Speed Triple 1050
2007 KTM 525 EXC (Sumo'd out)
2008 SuperDuke 990 R
2015 FZ-09
Image

User avatar
ebags
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 am
Location: Melbourne, Aust.

Re: >>>Show your other Moto(s)<<<

Postby ebags » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:31 am

BassAgent wrote:What is that ebags? I like it


Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 Factory. Great hooligan bike :) the tighter roads the more it loves it.
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."
Colin Chapman

Next

Return to General banter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests