Life Choices

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
User avatar
AGRO!
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2607
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 am
Location: Australia Northern NSW

Re: Life Choices

Postby AGRO! » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 am

RichUK wrote:Yeh, seen the ION one before too... so unfair to be taken out by someone else's mistake, even a fellow bikers mistake.

The one with the van driver, I dunno. He could have been messing with his phone, or adjusting his radio. I think the sun was in his eyes so he just didn't see the bike.

Question is what should we do to avoid these situations.
Should we pulse the flash button to alert drivers to our presence as we approach?
Problem is, here in the UK, flashing another motorists does mean "I am here" but it is generally used as and taken to mean that you are letting them go first... :shock:

Maybe if you flash a regular pattern it would help as that is what the police do. I think I could rig up a flasher circuit that will flash both the hi & low beam together, or alternately... I wonder if that would help, or just get you in trouble for impersonating the coppers.. :mrgreen:

I don't really think there is much that can be done unless the driver is a rider also.
As you know riders always look out for bikes when driving that's just how it is.

User avatar
fatbob
Stunt rider
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Life Choices

Postby fatbob » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Never watch the old biker crash vids , theres no point , also been riding for many decades.
Just to ask a question to the OP.
Did you say the sales person that suggested you quit riding ASAP worked in the spacca scooter shop ???? :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Sarasota_Steve
moderator
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 pm
Location: Sarasota, FL, USA

Re: Life Choices

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 pm

fatbob wrote:Did you say the sales person that suggested you quit riding ASAP worked in the spacca scooter shop ???? :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:


Not sure what the spacca scooter shop is, but this guy is a sales person at the Mobility Scooter Store. Wheelchairs and motorized scooters for people with disabilities. In this case my mother in law, who had her right foot amputated and uses a prosthesis, wheelchair and mobility scooter.
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1860
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Life Choices

Postby Aphex » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:59 pm

Sarasota_Steve wrote:
fatbob wrote:Did you say the sales person that suggested you quit riding ASAP worked in the spacca scooter shop ???? :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:


Not sure what the spacca scooter shop is, but this guy is a sales person at the Mobility Scooter Store. Wheelchairs and motorized scooters for people with disabilities. In this case my mother in law, who had her right foot amputated and uses a prosthesis, wheelchair and mobility scooter.



Has she ever threatened to hit you with her prosthesis? Or is she not that comfortable with it yet?
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
AGRO!
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2607
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 am
Location: Australia Northern NSW

Re: Life Choices

Postby AGRO! » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:09 am

Aphex wrote:
Sarasota_Steve wrote:
fatbob wrote:Did you say the sales person that suggested you quit riding ASAP worked in the spacca scooter shop ???? :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:


Not sure what the spacca scooter shop is, but this guy is a sales person at the Mobility Scooter Store. Wheelchairs and motorized scooters for people with disabilities. In this case my mother in law, who had her right foot amputated and uses a prosthesis, wheelchair and mobility scooter.



Has she ever threatened to hit you with her prosthesis? Or is she not that comfortable with it yet?

Would make it easier to kick his ass :lol:

Previous

Return to General banter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests