Photobucket wankers

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
bic_bicknell

Photobucket wankers

Postby bic_bicknell » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:42 am

There is another reason why forums like this are suffering - because of the easy ability to upload or link images to other social media like Facebook. And the increasingly frustrating actions of photo hosting sites like Photobucket.

I'm dismayed to have now also received an e mail notification from Photobucket informing me that in order to enable you guys to see my pictures I have to upgrade my account and pay a massively increased subscription charge. There's a lot been written on this subject over the last few weeks in other media and it appears that Photobucket are just holding all its customers to ransom. I'm very fooked off myself.

I have linked literally hundreds and hundreds of images to this forum over the last ten years - all with the purpose of entertaining, informing and generally trying to make the place a more interesting read. It breaks my heart that if I don't pay the money all you will be able to see is a grey box instead of my image. The only option is for me to find another free - or reasonably priced hosting site - and then relink every single photo I ever posted up here. This just isn't going to happen :cry:

Can someone let me know if you can still see my images? I can still see them but don't know if you can. I'll put something on this thread.

I don't really know what to do. Has anyone else got the same problem and is there an easy solution?

Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Re: Photobucket wankers

Postby No. 47 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:18 am

Can see image at bottom of thread - there's another thread here on same subject.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

jmann

Postby jmann » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Yes comrade I've been getting the same emails :x I've also noticed other forums in which the images are already blocked.

My theory is that the agencies which fund facilities such as Photobucket have realised that their return on investment (intelligence per dollar) is very little when the images are being happily shown to all and sundry. What's more cost effective is "free" cloud storage or even better - Facebook. 8)

I guess there's no such thing as a free lunch.

abc
Stunt rider

Postby abc » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:16 pm

corporate bullying sums up the photofuckets changes. Im really pissed off with there bullsh1t and its left big holes in all my engineering posts all over the web and all with zero notice of the impending changes.
Way to much work for me to redo everything. Im still wondering what to do next and may not delete my account with them so every time someone views my posts they will be reminded that they can't see any pics because of photofuckets brilliant decisions.
Luckily I didn't build a business based on posting images all over the web, there must be a huge number of people that are pissed off with them.
Unfortunately there isn't much anyone can do about there changes, and that just adds insult to injury…………..
Any modifications you undertake are your sole responsibility, I am not liable for any claims relating to modifications or suggestions posted on this forum. If you undertake any modifications you do so at your own risk.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:29 pm

A simple work around until this gets sorted is to right click on the image that Photobucket has blocked and click open image in new tab.

So while you cannot see it in the thread you can view it on Photobucket's website.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

orangeracer
Minimoto racer

Postby orangeracer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Be cautious with email "announcements" from PB about new policies. I had a message this morning marked as spam that looked pretty authentic otherwise. The links in the email pointed to spam/crap sites though... The scammers are going to take every bit of advantage of people being pissed off about this...

However, I finally got around to logging in and checking out the new policies. While they say it will affect everyone, they also hint towards the amount of bandwidth individual users utilize. I suspect that it may apply mostly to power users who have lots of pics on auction sites, etc. With a light to moderately used forum like this one, even big posters like Bic might stay under the radar. Guess we will have to see what happens in the coming months.

Willh
Wheelie king

Postby Willh » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:46 pm

My photos have already disappeared on other sites. Haven't checked here but am sure they have been replaced with third party hosting bullshit. I've closed my account. fook it until I feel the need to post a photo again and see what's the best option then.
2008 Superduke
850 Commando engined '68 P11 project

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:41 pm

I just post photos direct from my iPhone with Tapatalk - seems to work ok.
Superduke 990R single seater, MIVV's, tail tidy, LSL bars
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Testing Image
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Interesting. The BikeShed pic uploaded to the Tapatalk server. I wonder how long it's going to take for them to realise what's going on and shut if down
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

orangeracer
Minimoto racer

Postby orangeracer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Wasn't sure which thread to post this lol... If adding the "~original" tag to PB pics does the trick, it should be possible to do this at a global server level. This way, the individual members and/or moderators wouldn't have to comb through each post and modify it. Seems like it would be not too difficult to change the files where the forum is hosted with a scripting program or whatever, (I do IT for a living). If one of the admins or mods would like to PM me to discuss, please feel free. 8)

Motogoon
Two wheeled terror

Postby Motogoon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:10 am

Just testing another image hosting site to see if it works and stays there!

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Postby AGRO! » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:45 am

Motogoon wrote:Image

Just testing another image hosting site to see if it works and stays there!

Is that your kawa? Looks good :D

Motogoon
Two wheeled terror

Postby Motogoon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:18 am

It was yeh but have sold it now, was a bit of a scrambler project that I wanted to do but once it was finished I couldn't really justify keeping it for the amount of times I was riding it. Looking for something to turn into a cafe racer now.

Savage
Minimoto racer

Postby Savage » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 am

Guys.
Try these extensions to view the blocked photobucket images
The Chrome One worked for me

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

Once done, you may need to clear your cache, or hold down control / command and reload the page that has the broken photo bucket image

On a Side note, in regards to using alternatives, I use Office 365 Home.
Gives me up to 4 accounts, includes Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc) but more importantly 1TB of OneDrive storage, which you can host photos. Which I do for AA.
It's around $100 a year, but I got my subscription of eBay seller for $70.

I made up an account just so I can use the storage as a means of backing up my photos and videos

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 am

Nice one Savage that Chrome extension works a treat! :D
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

Sarasota_Steve

Postby Sarasota_Steve » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Savage wrote:Guys.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

Once done, you may need to clear your cache, or hold down control / command and reload the page that has the broken photo bucket image

Nice one. The Firefox extension worked like a charm for me. All images are back!
Ride Hard,
------------------
Sarasota_Steve
08 990 SDR

Scotty
Two wheeled terror

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Is there a comparable URL extension for Safari (Mac user)?
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever....

Motogoon
Two wheeled terror

Postby Motogoon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Legend! Just added that extension to Chrome and the pics are back!!!
Last edited by Motogoon on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DukeNukem999
Two wheeled terror

Postby DukeNukem999 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:20 pm

I switched to Flickr a while back as Photobucket was way too slowwwwwww.
2010 SD, Rottweiler intake / SAS removal, Akrapovic slipons, ergo seat, Scott's oil filter, factory alarm, SDR levers, Shorai (LiFePO4) battery, oem 16T / KTM Supersprox 40T, RK GB525GXW chain, Michelin Pilot Road 4 rear / Pilot Power 3 front.

Savage
Minimoto racer

Postby Savage » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:33 am

Scotty wrote:Is there a comparable URL extension for Safari (Mac user)?
I haven't found one, I use a Mac at home, but use Chrome browser and it works for that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:35 am

Savage wrote:
Scotty wrote:Is there a comparable URL extension for Safari (Mac user)?
I haven't found one, I use a Mac at home, but use Chrome browser and it works for that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same. I'm a Mac user but use Chrome as it syncs with Google Maps ect ect.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

shadowman
Wheelie king

Postby shadowman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:28 am

Gives me up to 4 accounts, includes Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc) but more importantly 1TB of OneDrive storage, which you can host photos. Which I do for AA.

I made up an account just so I can use the storage as a means of backing up my photos and videos

Thanks - The chrome one worked a for me.
Recovering superbike addict

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:15 pm

If some out there would not mind giving instructions on how I use an extension to fix my photo bucket problem I would try to follow. Most topics regarding the manipulation of computer related exercises go way over my head.
Please go slow as you can assume you are dealing with impaired luddite.
I'm BLUE

shadowman
Wheelie king

Postby shadowman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Drib - Just click on the link in the post that corresponds to the browser you use (EG Google Chrome etc)

This will open another page. Then click on add to Chrome button and then add extension (might not say exactly that but you get the drift) and that's it. You are done.

Go back to SD.net, hit Ctrl and F5 button together to refresh the page and that's all there is to it. Pics should work fine from that point on. Worked a treat for me.
Recovering superbike addict

Return to General banter