SKATEBOARD!!

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

SKATEBOARD!!

Postby speedfiend41 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 pm

I just bought myself (well, my 9 year old daughter..) a skateboard. And not a crap Chinese one with cheese metal trucks, but a genuine US of A Arbor board. It's ostensibly her birthday present, but I'll be sneaking out on it whenever I can.

I grew up with them and only gave them away when I got my licence and bikes took over. 35 years later - let's hope I don't break my hip!
Superduke 990R single seater, MIVV's, tail tidy, LSL bars
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

Willh
Wheelie king

Re: SKATEBOARD!!

Postby Willh » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:16 am

Feels good to be back on huh :D Needless to say we are not as spry as we were back in the day. The ground comes up fast and hurts more now. Wear a helmet. Make your daughter were a helmet, rectors, knee, and elbow pads so she has a better chance of staying out of the emergency room.

I dug my old board out when my eldest was twelve. 1990 Powell Peralta Tony Hawk with Independant trucks. It now sports some big wheels and fast bearings to help me out. I've thought about putting up a half pipe in the backyard but after a few hours of fun I'm rewarded with water on the knee and the kids aren't into it so not likely to happen. Whenever I see new asphalt on a hill my mind starts thinking go get the board.
2008 Superduke
850 Commando engined '68 P11 project

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Skateboarding is great cardio, I do miss riding my long board.

I always love seeing girls getting into sports that are male dominated, I hope she enjoys it.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

superxsive
Minimoto racer

Postby superxsive » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 pm

An Arbor! Pretty. Post some pictures. I have 3 Arbor snowboards and really like the way they ride.
2007 KTM Superduke 990 stock.
1977 Yamaha xs850 to 900cc cafe racer.

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 am

She's pretty chuffed with it. I looked at a few stores before finding this board at half price - amazing value. And it's got Paris trucks. Awesome. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MV Agusta 2011 F4, dripping with carbon, titanium Bodis exhaust, sounds like Armageddon

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:21 am

Last time I had a go at skateboarding (after about a 20 year layoff) I stood at the top of a high ramp, tipped myself in fell off at the bottom and dislocated my shoulder. The worst pain I've ever experienced - mate popped it back in and I nearly peed my pants. :(
Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

SuperDoopa
Two wheeled terror

Postby SuperDoopa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:23 am

I remember going down this slope from Brighton seafront down to the beach. Cones were positioned in a line so you could go in and out of them, but the trouble was the slope was too steep and you would end up flying off the board with your legs going at a million miles an hour to stop you going flat on yer face :lol:
I could also skate board a long distance, pushing off on one leg over and over again and the thought of that now makes me feel like the old fat bastard I am :oops:

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 am

SuperDoopa wrote:I remember going down this slope from Brighton seafront down to the beach. Cones were positioned in a line so you could go in and out of them, but the trouble was the slope was too steep and you would end up flying off the board with your legs going at a million miles an hour to stop you going flat on yer face :lol:
I could also skate board a long distance, pushing off on one leg over and over again and the thought of that now makes me feel like the old fat bastard I am :oops:

Yep. That's how I used to get around. I've been cycling heaps - maybe my legs will cope!

Willh
Wheelie king

Postby Willh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:52 pm

After spending an afternoon on the flowrider at Jay Peak my son asked to borrow my board. Afternoon on mine and he was ready for his own. I got him set up this afternoon with his own board. Looking forward to a new chapter of father and son bonding until he dumps me for skaters his own age :lol:

That half pipe in the back yard might be in the future but early days... :)
2008 Superduke
850 Commando engined '68 P11 project

speedfiend41
Two wheeled terror

Postby speedfiend41 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:06 am

Good work!

I'm waiting until the local skate park is finally empty (at about 3.00am...) before I embarrass myself on any pipes.

Return to General banter