Vintage Racing: European Endurance Legend Cup Announced

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Vintage Racing: European Endurance Legend Cup Announced

Postby Aphex » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:21 pm

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/vintage-racing-european-endurance-legend-cup-announced/

I'm very excited about this.

Classic :
1968 to 1981, air cooled four-stroke, air or water cooled two-strokes, 4-valve engines to 1000cc, 2 valve engines to 1300cc - original or modified original frames. This class is expected to cater for machines from Laverda, Ducati, BMW, Moto Guzzi and earlier Kawasaki Z1000 and Suzuki GS1000s with tuned engines.

Legend :
1976 to 1984 air cooled four-stroke, air or water cooled two-strokes, 1300cc maximum displacement - original, modified original or aftermarket frames. This class is expected to feature big four cylinder motors from Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki in frames from Harris, P&M, Moto Martin, Bakker, Bimota, etc.

SuperStock :
1973 to 1986 four cylinder 750cc or twin cylinder 1000cc machines with air or water cooling and original frames; no engine tuning is allowed. This class is aimed at early Suzuki GSX-R750s, early Honda VFR750s, Yamaha FZ750s and Kawasaki GPX750s

Superbike :
1976 to 1986, up to 1300cc displacement with air, water or oil cooling - original, modified original or aftermarket frames. This class is expected to feature full-on race bikes from the mid-eighties.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

abc
Stunt rider
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 pm
Location: snowy mountains

Re: Vintage Racing: European Endurance Legend Cup Announced

Postby abc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:48 am

Theres a strong following here in oz for thrashing the old bike around, the meetings are cheap enough for everyone and the competition is pretty hot but with a relaxed atmosphere and the mindset to help other racers if someone is having a bad day. Ah the good o'l days.
By the looks for the way they have the classes organised its going to attract a heap of guys and gals and would be fun to enter.
Hope you enjoy it.
Any modifications you undertake are your sole responsibility, I am not liable for any claims relating to modifications or suggestions posted on this forum. If you undertake any modifications you do so at your own risk.

User avatar
Scotty
Two wheeled terror
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 12:47 pm
Location: Corsham, Wilts (UK)

Re: Vintage Racing: European Endurance Legend Cup Announced

Postby Scotty » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 am

I've been doing this stuff with Phase One Endurance (http://www.phaseone.co.uk) for years actually. Plans for the forthcoming season are still a little fluid at the moment; we're moving away from the P&M framed GSX1100s that we've been using and are looking to build an XR69 replica chassis to house early GSX-R motors, and also building up a ZXR750 to run in the Post-Classic class in another championship. We won our first World Endurance Championship in 1993 on ZXRs, and have won the European Classic Series twice on P&Ms in 2013 and 2015.

abc's correct, there's a really good atmosphere in the paddock and everyone is happy to help out another team if they're in a spot of bother.
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever....

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Vintage Racing: European Endurance Legend Cup Announced

Postby Aphex » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

abc wrote:Theres a strong following here in oz for thrashing the old bike around, the meetings are cheap enough for everyone and the competition is pretty hot but with a relaxed atmosphere and the mindset to help other racers if someone is having a bad day. Ah the good o'l days.
By the looks for the way they have the classes organised its going to attract a heap of guys and gals and would be fun to enter.
Hope you enjoy it.


I won't be participating but I have a huge amount of love for bikes from that era. I'm hoping some of the series gets broadcasted or pops up on YouTube.

Scotty wrote:I've been doing this stuff with Phase One Endurance (http://www.phaseone.co.uk) for years actually. Plans for the forthcoming season are still a little fluid at the moment; we're moving away from the P&M framed GSX1100s that we've been using and are looking to build an XR69 replica chassis to house early GSX-R motors, and also building up a ZXR750 to run in the Post-Classic class in another championship. We won our first World Endurance Championship in 1993 on ZXRs, and have won the European Classic Series twice on P&Ms in 2013 and 2015.

abc's correct, there's a really good atmosphere in the paddock and everyone is happy to help out another team if they're in a spot of bother.


That's bitchin, I just love the tube frame on the XR69's. My first bike was a 1977 GS750, I rode the hell out of it and when it was time to refresh the top end I found Pop Yoshimura high comp pistons in side ever since then I've been hooked on big air cooled IL4's and bikes from that era.

Image

Image

Image
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
SDNerd
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Kalifornistan

Re: Vintage Racing: European Endurance Legend Cup Announced

Postby SDNerd » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Nice old Yosh piston there.

You ever go up to Willow Springs for AHRMA? Any AHRMA event is a great way to get your vintage racing tin fix - road race or dirt.

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: Vintage Racing: European Endurance Legend Cup Announced

Postby Aphex » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:37 pm

SDNerd wrote:Nice old Yosh piston there.

You ever go up to Willow Springs for AHRMA? Any AHRMA event is a great way to get your vintage racing tin fix - road race or dirt.


Never heard of it, thanks for that. Their road racing school looks awesome as well.

I'm gonna check this out next month at Glen Helen: http://mailchi.mp/798055f4e5db/tt-scrambles-championship-series-announced-rnd-1-just-4-weeks-out?e=e39c797278

I think my friend Gary Jones is designing the track this year and will also race.

I still need to get out on the track with you Nerd and learn some things.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.


Return to General banter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests