Who’s at fault?

Non-SD related ... booze, birds and general "boys showing off" type stuff
PBRnr
Stunt rider

Who’s at fault?

Postby PBRnr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 am

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/17741/ohio-police-officers-estate-suing-polaris-over-fatal-victory-motorcycle-crash

Apart from the fact that these bikes were being used for “official” business and modified accordingly, I don’t quite see how such an accident would be proven without a reasonable doubt that the manufacturer would be at fault...unfortunate as the whole affair is.

Thoughts?
Always stay a student of something
------------------------
'08 full fat SDR, akras w headers, charcoal can removed, random carbon bits

Aphex
Site Admin

Re: Who’s at fault?

Postby Aphex » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 am

Should have started on a 250cc :lol: :lol: :lol:
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

PBRnr
Stunt rider

Postby PBRnr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 am

won't lie, this did come to mind when I read it
Always stay a student of something
------------------------
'08 full fat SDR, akras w headers, charcoal can removed, random carbon bits

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Postby DribbleDuke » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:29 am

Rider error. A sixty mile per hour procession on an onramp or was it offramp seems a bit erroneous. Deep pockets and the need to find someone else to blame for this tragic circumstance. If I were a family member I could be talked into it being the fault of others while in deep emotional strain.
Bottom line Mr. Johnson bit off more than he could chew and his loved ones found someone to sue. No Victory lap here.
I'm BLUE

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:01 am

You can't blame a manufacturer for an accident caused by an inexperienced idiot riding a bike badly without having the skills or brain to not run into the back of another bike at 60KPH. The fact that he was a police officer makes no difference at all but maybe the family should be suing the police department who surely should be responsible for their own training procedure?
Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

Return to General banter