08 SD990 For Sale OK, USA $4950 SOLD

Please give full details of the bike (year, colour, mileage, extras, location, condition and asking price) along with at least one picture.

robmc13
Minimoto racer

08 SD990 For Sale OK, USA $4950 SOLD

Postby robmc13 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Hate to even post this, gang... :cry:

Straight ignorance forces sale. Been my daily driver until recent move.

Of all the motorcycles I've had (SD is my 46th), this has been by far the most fun to ride.
The bike has no problems and runs fantastic. I put new Shinko 009’s on it about 500 miles ago. I also changed the oil and all 3 filters about 3000 miles ago. The battery is good, always on a Battery Tender.
I am an older rider and I don't race, wheelie, stoppie, etc. Several times in the triple digits, but you can’t help that. :)
The bike is in superb condition. I'll let you judge for yourself.
Always garaged, hand-washed and pampered.

It has the following add-ons:
Leo Vince Titanium Exhaust
DynoJet Power Commander
Rottweiler Performance Intake
SAS Block Off Plates
CRG Clutch and Brake levers
CRG Bar End Mirrors
GB Racing Protection Bundle
GB Racing Swing Arm spools
HealTech GI Pro X-type Gear Indicator
TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Pad Set
G2 Throttle Tamer
16T Front Sprocket
KTM Factory Passenger Peg Set

KBB - $5500 + add-ons
All the add-ons ran about $2700. I certainly don't expect to get all the money back out of them but they should be considered in the price.

PRICE - $4950
But, I’ll work with you on shipping and stuff. Rather see an SD rider get a deal than be lowballed by the craigslist crowd.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Sorry, no test rides. I will take payments in the form of cash or a certified check from a major local bank which I can contact during normal business and confirm its authenticity. I have a free and clear title, bike manual, and both keys.

Mileage: 15,360 and will increase as I will ride. Never could stay off the thing.
Needs: Set of grips. Front brake pads are getting there.
Bike is Southern Oklahoma
Thanks!
Rob

SOLD: 7/10/19

Last edited by robmc13 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
08 SD 990 minus the R... danggit!

robmc13
Minimoto racer

Re: 08 SD990 For Sale OK, USA $5250

Postby robmc13 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:55 pm

One question: I had to get a duplicate title, cause of course I couldn’t find mine. When they entered the VIN, it came back as an Adventure.

Ever see that?

Thanks,

rob

robmc13
Minimoto racer

Re: 08 SD990 For Sale OK, USA $5150

Postby robmc13 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:25 pm

No luck selling the SD. Have it listed here, Cycletrader and OKC/DFW craigslists. Few tyre kickers and lowballers.

Thought I’d share this though. RumbleOn makes cash offers on bikes, then resells them, like a dealer. They offer an app so you can load pics and a descript. In about 30 minutes, they’ll send a cash offer. Mine was $3k. About 45% off KBB. 35% off NADA. Guess er’body gotta eat. :shock:

Course, they don’t use KBB, but say they use NADA and a value from NPA. NPA is an auction house. From their site:

“With the NPA Value Guide never fear taking a trade in again! We offer dealers access to current real time market prices across all NPA locations. With over 25 years of accumulated proprietary data you will never turn away another trade due to inaccurate projections. More Trades = More Money.”

Not bitching about it, just FYI in case they hit you with a request of offer. Type in selling a bike and their ads pop first. For me, I still have the one kidney left before I’d ever give such a ride away.
robmc

Return to Bikes for sale