MCT Suspension

Questions or Comments on Dealers, Stores, Warranty, Insurance, recalls and common faults
Colonel_Klinck

MCT Suspension

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:15 pm

Thought I'd just put up a quick thread on MCT. Have always used them for servicing suspension and a setup. Had to send the SDR forks that I bought off a member on here as they had fook all rebound even on 1 click. I sent them off on tuesday, spoke to them on wed and asked for a similar setup to Viking's as mine is used more and more on track. So a re-shim, service and setup later they arrived back this morn. Just about to throw them back in, they gave me a dry and wet setup on the tech sheet that came with them. Can't wait to try them out in Almeria in 3 weeks time :D :D Great service and uber fast turn around.
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

Viking
Wheelie king

Re: MCT Suspension

Postby Viking » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And i just got mine back today after having it all totally changed again to account for the big weight distribution changes we've made from moving the fork heights and wheelbase again.

Like I had to run about 2 or 3 full turns less of front preload than their data sheet suggested because my bike is a bit lighter than a standard bike. Plus the whole geo and wheelbase is different which changes the weight distribution. There is less than 10kg difference front to rear. So this is why its all went back in to be custom set to the bikes chassis setup.

You'll really like their work though, and good point for you is their data sheet will prob be ok for your bike. It seems a good enough base till you start playing with fork heights. MCT are great. Only slight issue i have with them is they seem to force ex battle settings on you which are irelevant now we have the wonderfull Nichols clamp, so it takes a bit of explaining to get them to do what i want with my kit. All sorted now though :D
THUNDERSPORT GB STREETFIGHTER CLASS A. 3rd 2013

http://www.spartanracing.co.uk

bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:33 pm

Craig. I was going to PM you this weekend to tell you about this guy near me who has a set of '08 radial brake forks as I thought you might be interested in upgrading to. But it seems that you have already realised that the spec of the inferior '06 bike you insist on defending is deficient. Good luck in the continuing saga of you turning your bike into mine! :wink: :wink:
Past: Honda CB125J, Honda TL125, 1963 Triumph Tiger 90, Yamaha RD250, Kawasaki KH250, Kawasaki 400 S3, Kawasaki KH400, Kawasaki Z400J, Suzuki GS750, Suzuki GS1000, Ducati SS900 Superlight, KTM LC4 Supermoto, Honda VFR 800i, KTM Superduke '07.

Colonel_Klinck

Postby Colonel_Klinck » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:26 pm

Pfff please, I wouldn't have bought 07 forks just for the radial brakes :wink: SDR forks however was a whole different ball game :twisted: Those black nitrate cover fork legs look so sweet :D Matches my shock now. :D TBH it was a bit of an extravigent purchase. He posted theem up for when I was in a vulnerable place :wink:

Anyway 06 Rules!! :P
"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realise that it's not worth the f*cking effort. There is a difference."
The late Bill Hicks

stalker
Wheelie king

Postby stalker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:32 pm

06 rules 8) 8)
The King Of Cadwell

NO LIMITS OPEN 1000CC ENDURANCE CHAMPION #6

rocketchick
Stunt rider

Postby rocketchick » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 am