Let's talk street riding tyres

general forum > questions . answers . discussions
Spike_africa
Minimoto racer

Let's talk street riding tyres

Postby Spike_africa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 pm

I've had loads of Pilot Road 2, 3,4 on bikes. I wanted to try something different and maybe not as expensive. I've been looking at Continental Road Attack 3, Pirelli Angle GT,

What's your take? I honestly just don't like how the Pilot Road 5 look or I would.of just bought them lol.
2007 SD 990
2009 Triumph Street Triple

Black Out
Minimoto racer

Re: Let's talk street riding tyres

Postby Black Out » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Always loved the Michelin Pilot Power series but have been running Bridgestone S21s almost exclusively on all my bikes. Not a fan of the Pirelli Angels. Pirellis in general seem to go all at once. Recently tried the Dunlop Q3. That's another good tyre.
Ducati Monster 800
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
KTM SuperDuke 990

mrossk
Two wheeled terror

Postby mrossk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Depending on what and how you ride, I've used the Bridgestone T-30 and liked them pretty well. Pretty neutral, decent grip, but they are a sports-touring tyre. But on my 1290 I mostly commute and sport ride on the weekends. Also used the Metzeler Road Tec 01, also very nice, but a little more pricey.

Aphex
Site Admin

Postby Aphex » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 pm

I've been running Dunlop Roadsmart II's for a couple years now and love them.

Not a huge fan of the tread pattern on the Roadsmart III though.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Spike_africa
Minimoto racer

Postby Spike_africa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Black Out wrote:Always loved the Michelin Pilot Power series but have been running Bridgestone S21s almost exclusively on all my bikes. Not a fan of the Pirelli Angels. Pirellis in general seem to go all at once. Recently tried the Dunlop Q3. That's another good tyre.

Looking for a sport touring tyre with good mileage. That's why I like the idea of the Angle GT. Sticky, but good in all weather.
2007 SD 990

nampus
Stunt rider

Postby nampus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Metzeler M7RR, need no warm up time, plenty of grip in dry and wet, lovely tyre!

Bazzaz
Minimoto racer

Postby Bazzaz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Black Out wrote:Always loved the Michelin Pilot Power series but have been running Bridgestone S21s almost exclusively on all my bikes. Not a fan of the Pirelli Angels. Pirellis in general seem to go all at once. Recently tried the Dunlop Q3. That's another good tyre.

Second that, I love the PP's.... excellent in dry and wet and they lose grip very predictively.
Wear seems to be ok for me, looking at the current state I reckon I could do like 5 - 6k on a back tyre and probably double that on the front

Spike_africa
Minimoto racer

Postby Spike_africa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Well I called a local shop and they had a screaming deal on Pierlli Angle GT tyres. So I got a front stand and a new set for the cost of a rear Pilot road 5 plus like $40. Great deal. I'll post how I like them once they are mounted and have some miles.
2007 SD 990

Bazzaz
Minimoto racer

Postby Bazzaz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Spike_africa wrote:Well I called a local shop and they had a screaming deal on Pierlli Angle GT tyres. So I got a front stand and a new set for the cost of a rear Pilot road 5 plus like $40. Great deal. I'll post how I like them once they are mounted and have some miles.

That sounds pretty cheap indeed, read about the Angel ST's and supposed to be a great set of tyres, looking forward to your experiences

07orangeSD
Minimoto racer

Postby 07orangeSD » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 am

Just ordered a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3's to replace my worn Q3's.

Was looking at M7RR's as I use on my Supermoto and like them. The Rosso 3's are similar and newer from what I read.

Was looking at the angle GT's as well but I don't do a lot of miles a year or ride in the rain.
07' SuperDuke (Orange)
Full Akra exhaust and Akra tune (will be Dyno tuned soon), R&G tidy tail, Skidmarx screen, Dunlop Q3's, Renthal bars, [Motohooligan air box, secondary's, SAS plates, tank brackets, upper and lower sliders]; Lots more to come.

SuperDoopa
Two wheeled terror

Postby SuperDoopa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:36 pm

nampus wrote:Metzeler M7RR, need no warm up time, plenty of grip in dry and wet, lovely tyre!

Have to agree. Just about to stick a new one on my 2017 SDR :P

Spike_africa
Minimoto racer

Postby Spike_africa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Got the bike in the air and wheels off. Going o drop them off tomorrow before work and pick them up once done with work to try them out this weekend.

Braaap braaaap
2007 SD 990

websch
Two wheeled terror

Postby websch » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 am

Q3 here
Ride it like you stole it...

Markey
Two wheeled terror

Postby Markey » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 am

Pulled off the M7rr's on my new SDR to fit the new Sportsmart 2 Max tyres....Bloody awesome.....A lot of people seem to love these Metz but i just didn't get it

Happy Chap now with me Dunslops :D

Return to Hooliganism