.HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Done a good mod that people might want to copy? Post it here - full step-by-step instructions and pix.

FAQs can go in here too
User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:27 pm

vernonbc wrote:
I am going to take a wild guess here but am I correct in assuming that you have the single channel version of the autotune? If you do, you probably need the dongle for the cylinder that will not be using the narrow band o2 sensor and you will just use the supplied wide band sensor for the autotune.


I have the AT-300 with dual 02 sensors.
Image

I'm gonna call Dynojet today and see if I eve need to run their O2 optimizer if I'm running the Auto tune.

I'd assume it's going to throw a CEL but maybe I can turn off the O2 sensors via tune ecu?

I tried testing the single O2 optimizer I have and one of the resistors is dead? Or maybe one if supposed to be 0 resistance?

Not sure.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
AGRO!
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2644
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 am
Location: Australia Northern NSW

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby AGRO! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Just turn the 02s off with tuneecu you don't really need the 02 eliminators.

User avatar
No. 47
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: London and Kent

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby No. 47 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Not sure what the Dynojet O2 optimiser resistance is but here's what they could/should be viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8258&p=91125&hilit=HOME+MADE+02+SENSOR#p91125.

Have a few of the Dynojet items sitting in a box - let me know if nothing local turns up but couldn't you just turn them off in TuneECU?
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:11 pm

No. 47 wrote:Not sure what the Dynojet O2 optimiser resistance is but here's what they could/should be viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8258&p=91125&hilit=HOME+MADE+02+SENSOR#p91125.

Have a few of the Dynojet items sitting in a box - let me know if nothing local turns up but couldn't you just turn them off in TuneECU?


Thanks for the link.

I'm hoping that since I'm running the auto tune I can just tune off the o2 sensors via tune ecu like you suggested. Then it wont throw a check engine light.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
AGRO!
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2644
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 am
Location: Australia Northern NSW

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby AGRO! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:26 pm

It won't throw a check light :D

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 am

AGRO! wrote:It won't throw a check light :D


Sweet! Thanks for the confirmation Agro! I'll hook it all up and see what happens.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
No. 47
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: London and Kent

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby No. 47 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 am

How does Autotune auto-tune if it’s not monitoring O2 levels in exhaust gases?
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

norman_2009
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: UP, Michigan

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby norman_2009 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:28 am

No. 47 wrote:How does Autotune auto-tune if it’s not monitoring O2 levels in exhaust gases?
Auto tune is a module that one end is connected to the wide band o2 sensors. The other end plugs into the pcv. The pcv then intercepts the stock ECU injector signals and adjusts them. Your ecu has no idea that is going on.

The stock o2 sensors are only adjusting fuel under low throttle and rpm ranges. Autotune works wherever you tell it to in the power commander software.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Current Bikes:2015 390 Duke 2008 990 SuperDuke 2004 DL1000
Previous Bikes: 2003 SV1000s 1994 Virago 750

User avatar
No. 47
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: London and Kent

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby No. 47 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:54 am

So the OE sensors, not the eliminators/blanking plugs, are required?
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:42 pm

No. 47 wrote:So the OE sensors, not the eliminators/blanking plugs, are required?


The auto tune kit comes with o2 sensors that replace the OEM ones and instead of connecting to the stock wiring harness they connect to the auto tune unit which then connects to the PCV unit. However Dynojet supplies the "o2 optimizers" with the PCV to richen the low rpm circuit and improve ridability. Which is why I would confused about needing to plug the optimizers into the stock wiring harness where the old oem o2 sensors plugged in if I was bypassing that system completely anyways.

You can see the Auto tune unit and it's o2 sensors here:

Image
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
No. 47
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Location: London and Kent

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby No. 47 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Ta, all clear now.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

User avatar
AGRO!
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2644
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 am
Location: Australia Northern NSW

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby AGRO! » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 am

For those who don't have tune ecu you would need to use the 02 optimisers.
When your building your new map be aware that the auto tune will tune the low end I mean it will lean the low end when you back off the throttle so you will need a switch to turn the auto tune on and off.
When I had my 990 what I did was tune the low end first under exceleration only! Save that part then tuned the rest of the map.
This is the only flaw I found with the Auto tune.
From memory I think I tuned the low end up to 3000rpm or 3500?
It's like when you get your bike dyno tuned it's all done on exceleration.
Hope this makes sense :D

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:34 am

AGRO! wrote:For those who don't have tune ecu you would need to use the 02 optimisers.
When your building your new map be aware that the auto tune will tune the low end I mean it will lean the low end when you back off the throttle so you will need a switch to turn the auto tune on and off.
When I had my 990 what I did was tune the low end first under exceleration only! Save that part then tuned the rest of the map.
This is the only flaw I found with the Auto tune.
From memory I think I tuned the low end up to 3000rpm or 3500?
It's like when you get your bike dyno tuned it's all done on exceleration.
Hope this makes sense :D


How do you wire up the switch to turn learning on and off as opposed to it being a map switch?

Is this accurate?

http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c14/pcv-autotune-trick/
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
AGRO!
Master of the twisties
 
Posts: 2644
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 am
Location: Australia Northern NSW

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby AGRO! » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:04 am

I cant remember how I had it set up as it was about 4 or 5 years ago sorry.
But I just bought a cheap switch from the electronics shop and hooked the power up to one of the auxiliary leads in the head light I think one was power on all the time and the other was ignition on only.
So I had it hooked up to the ignition and ran it to the auto tune?
If I had the instructions for the auto tune it would jog my memory :D

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:20 am

alright guys I went to install the auto Tune wide band sensors and they hit that stupid inner flange.

Pic for refernce:
Image

I searched and searched and searched and found a ton of threads but nothing about the best way to make these fit. Hell I even found one with KTMGuy scolding another member to search and like a dummy I still can't find it.

So what is the best way? I read about a hole saw? Maybe a metal file?

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25495

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13528

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12584

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8939

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7311&start=75

http://www.superduke.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8258&start=175
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
jmann
moderator
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 am
Location: Sunny Adelaide, Australia

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby jmann » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 am

Comrade Dummy (Aka Apex) : When will you dicks learn to use the SEARCH button :lol: Maybe a bit harsh but I need to show that I show no favouritism. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10549&p=118763&hilit=holesaw#p118763

Perhaps a Holesaw and Dremmel.

CADScott wrote:
Doon wrote:Hey Doon, do you mean the sensor hole in the exhaust? I thought they were both the same size sensors, could you give some more details, I am fitting my autotune setup next week.



Yes thats right, the hole in the pipe needs to be 16mm diameter for the auto tune sensor to fit.
There is a lip in the pipe from when the boss was welded in.
It needs to be reamed out with a holesaw,dremmel or file.
It can be done with the exhaust on the bike but the rear one is difficult.
KTMguy did a post on it somewhere, do a search!



Cool, found it,
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10549&p=118763&hilit=holesaw#p118763
off to the local hardware to get a holesaw![/quote]

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:27 pm

jmann wrote:Comrade Dummy (Aka Apex) : When will you dicks learn to use the SEARCH button :lol: Maybe a bit harsh but I need to show that I show no favouritism. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10549&p=118763&hilit=holesaw#p118763

Perhaps a Holesaw and Dremmel.

CADScott wrote:
Doon wrote:Hey Doon, do you mean the sensor hole in the exhaust? I thought they were both the same size sensors, could you give some more details, I am fitting my autotune setup next week.



Yes thats right, the hole in the pipe needs to be 16mm diameter for the auto tune sensor to fit.
There is a lip in the pipe from when the boss was welded in.
It needs to be reamed out with a holesaw,dremmel or file.
It can be done with the exhaust on the bike but the rear one is difficult.
KTMguy did a post on it somewhere, do a search!



Cool, found it,
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10549&p=118763&hilit=holesaw#p118763
off to the local hardware to get a holesaw!



Ahhhh Jmann, you're...well the man! I searched o2 bungs, auto tune bungs, all kinds of crap. Learned a lot of other information a long the way reading those threads though haha.

Cheers!
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

Bazzaz
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:03 am
Location: The Hague, Netherlands

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Bazzaz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:26 pm

SvR wrote:Hi guys, just wanted to let you know my setup and choice of mapping.

KTM Superduke R 2009
- Full Akra system (headers included), no bafflers (maybe I'll put 'em in someday)
- Rottweiler Performance Air Intake
- SAS Removed
- Mapping: 08-10_EU_SDR_Akra_map_Smoothened

Really love this mapping! :lol: Had the normal Akrapovic mapping before, although it was already a smooth ride, there were some minor issues (holding back at 3-4k RPM). So I was looking for a better map and found it with the Smooth Akra mapping. 3-4k RPM is going very smoothly again. The engine also barks a bit more, I think due to the fact that the secondary flies stay open. The engine also rumbles a little bit again at low RPM, something I missed after removing the SAS.

Thanks James!!!


Another familiair 'face' :)

I am running the same map with more or less the same mods..
- Full Akra
- ITG filter setup
- Sas removed
- Secondary butterflies removed

I am going for a dyno this saturday, I only did a small testdrive and it feels great but will know for sure this weekend..

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Tue May 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Anyone have a picture of how they routed the cable for the rear cylinder Auto Tune O2 sensor?

I have it ran where the stock was however I'm worried about that big ass connector being under the bike.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

druu
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby druu » Sat May 05, 2018 3:15 am

I posted in the other thread but figure I'd post here too:

Can any suggest a map for me? I have an 06 SD with Akrapovic pipes, stock airbox and butterflies still installed but SAS removed and block off plates installed, running the smoothened map currently and after a 15 minute reset it will seem OK but some time down the line things will start to feel rough again for some reason.

Should I remove butterflies? Perhaps reset TPS (I've not done this before). By the seat of the pants, it feels fine in higher RPM but low RPM performance it's fairly rough, even after a TB balance using a carbtune tool.

Thanks in advance!

norman_2009
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: UP, Michigan

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby norman_2009 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Aphex wrote:Anyone have a picture of how they routed the cable for the rear cylinder Auto Tune O2 sensor?

I have it ran where the stock was however I'm worried about that big ass connector being under the bike.
Here ya go. It just hangs out there. I used zip ties on either end of the connector. Been fine for a few thousand miles. It is pretty ugly. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Current Bikes:2015 390 Duke 2008 990 SuperDuke 2004 DL1000
Previous Bikes: 2003 SV1000s 1994 Virago 750

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Mon May 07, 2018 2:36 pm

norman_2009 wrote:
Aphex wrote:Anyone have a picture of how they routed the cable for the rear cylinder Auto Tune O2 sensor?

I have it ran where the stock was however I'm worried about that big ass connector being under the bike.
Here ya go. It just hangs out there. I used zip ties on either end of the connector. Been fine for a few thousand miles. It is pretty ugly. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Thank you for the pic! I assume the cable the runs to the top of the kickstand bracket is the AT O2 sensor cable? I think I'm going to try and route it behind the kickstand with the other cables since I had to remove the bracket anyways and clean all the flung off chain grease from there :oops:

How did you manage to route the cable from the AT unit to the chin faring? I was going to end up running mine down the side of the engine and tucking it behind the drain tubes.
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

norman_2009
Minimoto racer
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: UP, Michigan

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby norman_2009 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Aphex wrote:
norman_2009 wrote:
Aphex wrote:Anyone have a picture of how they routed the cable for the rear cylinder Auto Tune O2 sensor?

I have it ran where the stock was however I'm worried about that big ass connector being under the bike.
Here ya go. It just hangs out there. I used zip ties on either end of the connector. Been fine for a few thousand miles. It is pretty ugly. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Thank you for the pic! I assume the cable the runs to the top of the kickstand bracket is the AT O2 sensor cable? I think I'm going to try and route it behind the kickstand with the other cables since I had to remove the bracket anyways and clean all the flung off chain grease from there :oops:

How did you manage to route the cable from the AT unit to the chin faring? I was going to end up running mine down the side of the engine and tucking it behind the drain tubes.
Yes the wires are on the outside of the bracket. I just followed the wires into the chin spoiler then went upwards along the steel tubing then back towards the rear. I think they were too short to follow the breather then run along the upper portion of the frame. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Current Bikes:2015 390 Duke 2008 990 SuperDuke 2004 DL1000
Previous Bikes: 2003 SV1000s 1994 Virago 750

User avatar
Aphex
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby Aphex » Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Perfect! I routed mine the same way last night.

Thank you Norman, I appreciate it :mrgreen:
08 SD, Mivv Suono, Rottweiler airbox. Current map: One some guy sent me from the internet.

Me so Hoony.

User avatar
jambox
Trackday hero
 
Posts: 2015
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:18 pm
Location: Perth. The shite cold one, not the decent warm one

Re: .HEX Maps for TuneECU and Custom PCIII Maps Downloads

Postby jambox » Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 pm

druu wrote:I posted in the other thread but figure I'd post here too:
....... .

Thanks in advance!

PM me your email and I'll sent you a couple of maps to try.

Some on here have used mine in the past with some good results.
05/06 SD, too raw for the journos!

PreviousNext

Return to How to do it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest