2014 Cutting Power Over Bumps

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
Growler48
Two wheeled terror

2014 Cutting Power Over Bumps

Postby Growler48 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Hey guys, I just took my 2014 Super Duke out of winter hibernation a couple of weeks ago and serviced it. I've been riding my normal back roads and have noticed that the power to the bike gets neutered for about 10 seconds when accelerating over jarring bumps. By neutered, I mean that the bike is still running, but it won't rev. Then magically, after about 10 seconds, it works again. I found out today that I can quickly get it running normally again by pulling in the clutch and revving it. There have been no warnings or light indications at all....until this afternoon. I passed a dump truck under hard acceleration, then just as I got past it, but bike "shut down" to idle and the MTC Failure warning was displayed in the left display and I had a flashing engine light and TC light in the right display. All I could do was coast to a stop. The bike wouldn't rev at all. I shut the bike down and restarted it and all was good again - until I hit some more bumps....

Any thoughts as to what could be going on? Loose wire somewhere? Impending MTC failure? Do I need to take it to a dealer?

https://youtu.be/lJp7IvZVjVc
2014 SuperDuke 1290 R BLACK! 8)

steve59
Minimoto racer

Re: 2014 Cutting Power Over Bumps

Postby steve59 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Sorry, maybe KTM supertwins has some support.

Growler48
Two wheeled terror

Postby Growler48 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:00 am

Great news - my bike is fixed! I took it to the nearest KTM dealer. They said that the Autotune box and O2 sensors got really hot, immediately after turning on the ignition (engine was not started). They sent me to a performance tuning shop down the road and they removed the Autotune and checked everything out on the dyno. I rode it on all the bad roads I could find and it runs normal again! They think the Autotune box had a short in it or something. Anyway, I'm back up and running again!
2014 SuperDuke 1290 R BLACK! 8)

mrossk
Two wheeled terror

Postby mrossk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:02 am

good news. maybe get in touch with Dynojet and see what they say?

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]