07 Sd Screen

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
digger2
Minimoto racer

07 Sd Screen

Postby digger2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:40 pm

I want to put a small screen on in place of that "lip". Any suggestions as the wind justs lifts my helmet up

DribbleDuke
Master of the twisties

Re: 07 Sd Screen

Postby DribbleDuke » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 am

There is a "touring shield" aftermarket Genuine KTM and a Puig shield. Look on eBay they show up regularly I'm sure. How's that jmann?
I'm BLUE

jmann

Postby jmann » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Comrade Dribble : :wink:

Comrade Digger2: With respect to the helmet I've always found that no matter what helmet or how tight I strap it on, once I get up around 180-200Kms per hour (on the track) it just wants to lift up and rip my head off. To date, I've always figured that the phenomenon was the lesser of two evils so I just put up with it and focus on my next braking marker. It's interesting that when one watches the MotoGP recordings looking back from the fairing one can see the riders necks bulging with the effort.

slfishf1
Minimoto racer

Postby slfishf1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:45 am

I've got the KTM touring screen. Better than the KTM brow screen at higher speeds. Waaaay better the Puig screen which was worse than the stock KTM brow screen. Puig blasts air right at your chest. Terrible.

07orangeSD
Minimoto racer

Postby 07orangeSD » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:11 pm

My bike came with a puig screen, hated it as all the wind was directed to my face (5'-11" tall for ref.).

I replaced it with this and it is night an day difference. the wind no longer hit me in the face.
https://www.skidmarx.co.uk/ktm/ktm-990- ... &results=9

I looked at the touring but I did not like how it flowed with the lines of the bike.
07' SuperDuke (Orange)
Full Akra exhaust and Akra tune (will be Dyno tuned soon), R&G tidy tail, Skidmarx screen, Dunlop Q3's, Renthal bars, [Motohooligan air box, secondary's, SAS plates, tank brackets, upper and lower sliders]; Lots more to come.

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom