Seat panels/fairings- any condition or color

Advertise here for any items you want to buy....bikes, parts, etc.

Be sure to include your location, size (if applicable) and any other relevant info.
wpbarlow
Minimoto racer

Seat panels/fairings- any condition or color

Postby wpbarlow » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:39 pm

Anyone have an extra/beat-up set of seat panels to donate to the cause? Color/condition doesn't matter.

One of the few limitations of the 990SD is the absolute lack of any provision for carrying stuff other than a tank bag. I know the bike is not a sport-tourer by any means; but I'd like to at least be able to carry stuff for an overnight. Now before you counter with "underwear and a credit card are all you need, and the underwear is optional" I need to bring along a small portable c-pap and mask. Add rain gear, tyre repair kit and pump, etc. and minimal clothing and it won't all fit in the tankbag.

I have an idea that might work for Kreiga; but I need to cut into the seat panels/fairings. Damaged ones on ebay are about $35 each; so I'd rather test a pair as cheaply as I can

tia,
Walter

SDNerd
Master of the twisties

Re: Seat panels/fairings- any condition or color

Postby SDNerd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Hey Walter - where are you located - New Jersey? Are looking for 1 or a pair? If one, is there a side preferred?

I'm guessing you're already familiar with soft saddlebags (no mounts needed) - those won't work for you? Some really solid waterproof offerings out there.

wpbarlow
Minimoto racer

Postby wpbarlow » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:17 am

SDNerd wrote:Hey Walter - where are you located - New Jersey? Are looking for 1 or a pair? If one, is there a side preferred?

I'm guessing you're already familiar with soft saddlebags (no mounts needed) - those won't work for you? Some really solid waterproof offerings out there.

I'd need both, and I'm in NJ.

I have used soft bags for years and have a set. I've tried some Wolfmans as well that a friend had. The problem is they don't leave a lot of seat room & sit on the pipes. Do you know of any that work?

I already have Kreiga that I use on a couple of other bikes, and that's what I want the panels for.

Another possible option is Aerostitch tank panniers- maybe I'll borrow a set and see how they work.

Thanks.

nampus
Stunt rider

Postby nampus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:20 pm

Buy cheap seat of eBay, add topbox.
Enjoy lockable luggage of your desired capacity on the bike:

But if you want soft luggage, just use a kriega bag and the four loops that are located on the seat base.
No need for cutting or modifying. Just flip the loops outward and put the kriega hooks through.

wpbarlow
Minimoto racer

Postby wpbarlow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 pm

nampus wrote:...But if you want soft luggage, just use a kriega bag and the four loops that are located on the seat base.
No need for cutting or modifying. Just flip the loops outward and put the kriega hooks through.

Geez, I never even noticed them! Thanks a lot!

All I can say is Image

nampus
Stunt rider

Postby nampus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:05 pm

:mrgreen:

Return to Wanted