Yep, very easy mod, gives you fair bit more grunt at full throttle especially at the low-mid rpm range. Worth the 10 mins of effort it takes to complete.
1. Remove bellypan
2. Locate white three pin plug with yellow/brown and Grey wires coming out of it. This is the plug for the gear position sensor (three wires, neutral, 2nd and 3rd).
3. Disconnect plug.
4. Stick a paperclip or pointy object in the end of the plug to release the pins for the yellow/brown and grey wires. Out they'll pop with minimal fuss.
5. Use electrical tape or heat shrink to cover the pins so that they don't earth out.
6. Reconnect plug, only one wire (this is for the neutral light).
7. Refit belly pan and off you go with your de-restriced fully noise polluting Super Duke!
And then on the eighth day, The Devil created the KTM Super Duke 990 ; cos he was a bad ass, and had to get around town..... God secretly wished he had one.